Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/22/2020 11:25 pm  #1

Louis Louis- The Louis Lacombe Story

"But I want to play with my friends. I want to be with Pierre and Alexis."

"Louis, you'll see them at school. Right now you have to play with the older boys. There's nothing we can do. This is a ruling from Hockey Canada. You've scored 200 goals in 40 games. You're making the other boys upset. Just try playing in Pee Wee. Maybe you'll be friends with the other boys. I'm sorry, Louis."

"Kid's legit, but he's 14. You really want to give him two years of exceptional status? That has never happened before. We have 1 year. 2 is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. He'll get killed."

"Rick, it's not only the talent. He's 6-3. He's ready.”

“You’re drunk.”

“The big center has drawn favorable comparisons to Eric Lindros. He is more skilled than Lindros ever was, and he has only missed a total of 5 games in his entire junior career.”

“With the 1st pick, the (REDACTED) are very proud to select, from (REDACTED), Louis Lacombe”

All of these are pieces of something new. This is a player focused fiction. I’m following a player throughout his career. On ice events, off-ice events. All of it. Starting as a 10-year old, we’ll follow Louis as he makes hockey history. I’m using random.org to generate his stats. I’ll think of generally what I want him to be and I’ll find numbers within those ranges using the generator. This is a future league, as his date of birth is today, February 22, 2020. Various changes will have occurred over that time to create a hockey environment that most closely resembles the 1980s. Excited for this journey.

2/23/2020 12:25 am  #2

Re: Louis Louis- The Louis Lacombe Story

You have my attention.

Is this even legal by forum law?

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

3/14/2020 8:59 pm  #3

Re: Louis Louis- The Louis Lacombe Story

"But I want to play with my friends. I want to be with Pierre and Alexis."
"Louis, you'll see them at school. Right now you have to play with the older boys. There's nothing we can do. This is a ruling from Hockey Canada. You've scored 200 goals in 40 games. You're making the other boys upset. Just try playing in pee-wee. Maybe you'll be friends with the other boys. I'm sorry, Louis."
I would later find out that it was actually 214 goals I had scored, to go along with 121 assists. Dad would later tell me that this was the first I would be talked about as a "star", though I didn't really remember it. In school, I was in 4th grade. In hindsight, I was probably too young to be talked about like that. I was a pretty average student, but really at that age I just wanted to play hockey. That is still what I want to do more than anything. I did know that I wanted to be great. I wanted to be in the NHL, and I wanted to be the first player from Quebec drafted number 1 since Alexis Lafreniere in 2020. At that age, I was around the same size as the other kids, and I was more of a skill player. There is nothing like scoring the puck when you're that age. I only ended up playing 10 games in pee-wee that year. I scored 27 goals and got 22 assists for 49 points. I forget much of what I was like off the ice at that age, and I only remember the statistics because Dad requested them. In the summer, I played 25 games of lacrosse, and I scored 69 goals and 46 assists for 115 points. Lacrosse was nice and it was fun, but to quote Nico Hischier, "I love to hockey". Hockey will always be my first favorite love and I can't wait to play a full pee-wee year next year.

So that was my first update. Sorry for the delay. Maybe this is a bit too early, but I'm going to take suggestions about what QMJHL team and what NHL team Louis should play for, so give me those if you would.

Board footera