Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/18/2024 12:11 pm  #1

The AltHL Season 2024

Welcome back everyone! We finished up a stellar Refre5h for AltHL, and are ready for the opening face-off, as the Montreal Chevaliers look to defend their AltHL Championship.

The biggest change for this upcoming season is the addition of the Minor League spots on your roster. How will this work? Well, there will NOT be a separate draft for the Minor League players. As we go through the standard draft and through in-season free agency, any players you add to the minors will maintain that minor league status going into the next season and will be on your roster. Their value will not change, and they will not count towards your budget. Their value will be the same as any other player selected at that point in the draft (or $1 if they were an in-season free agent) for the first season they are kept. So if you were to take a player in the first round of the draft to stash in your minors, you would have them at no cost as long as they are in your minor league spots at the end of the season. If you move them off the minors next season, the will have that value of a first rounder that year (with no escalation). Please reach out if this isn't making sense and I'll try to explain it again.

Now for the important part of the off-season: keepers. Your keepers are due Wednesday, September 25th, 2024 at 11:59pm Eastern. Your budget is 85. All keepers MUST be emailed to me at AltLB.DC@gmail.com. Failure to send them to my email and you may not have your keepers properly applied. We are working on an accelerated timeline due to ironing out details with the minor league players. You may make trades now, all trades prior to keeper deadline must go through the council. Send those to me or Sky.

The draft will be the weekend of the 28th. We should have a When2Meet put together for that early next week.

I suppose a Link to the Keepers would help. It is HERE.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/18/2024 5:59 pm  #2

Re: The AltHL Season 2024

hey if you're a team that's in cap trouble, the edmonton wildcats will take your expensive players off your hands! feel free to reach out and make an offer :​)

Last edited by ItDoesntMatter (9/18/2024 5:59 pm)

9/18/2024 6:09 pm  #3

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

hey if you're a team that's in cap trouble, the edmonton wildcats will take your expensive players off your hands! feel free to reach out and make an offer :​)

Same for the Milwaukee 48ers. We're young, we're cheap, we want to be better.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/19/2024 6:51 pm  #4

If anyone needs a goalie I'm shopping 1 of my 3. Willing to take cap space back.

9/23/2024 3:03 pm  #5

This is your reminder that the due date to submit keepers is overmorrow, which would be Wednesday, September 25th, at 11:59pm Eastern.

9/23/2024 4:16 pm  #6

Hey everyone! Hope you're looking forward to the upcoming AltHL season. Please fill out this When2Meet to determine when we'll conduct the draft for this year.

9/23/2024 6:30 pm  #7

The Boston Rovers have the following players on the trade block

W Artemi Panarin
C John Tavares
D Victor Hedman
D Adam Larsson
G Linus Ullmark
D Drew Doughty
W Vladimir Tarasenko

Open to Negotiations

9/23/2024 8:37 pm  #8

With lots of cap space, the Ottawa Guardians are open to helping other teams see some cap relief of their own. Feel free to message here or on discord for potential trades.

9/25/2024 7:38 am  #9

The Chevaliers have some good chips that we are willing to move. Looking for draft picks. 
- Brayden Point
- Devon Toews
- Morgan Rielly
- Lucas Raymond

let me know ASAP

9/25/2024 11:03 am  #10

Okay, there have been a plethora of trades, so I'll put them out here for all of you:

Trade #1
Boston receives: D Jake McCabe, OTT 2024 2nd Round Pick
Ottawa receives: G Linus Ullmark

Trade #2
Toronto receives: C/W Wyatt Johnston
Edmonton receives: D Brandon Montour

Trade #3
Edmonton receives: W Nikolaj Ehlers, W Matthew Knies
Chicago receives: G Pyotr Kochetkov

Trade #4
Edmonton receives: D Victor Hedman
Boston receives: W Jake DeBrusk, EDM 2024 3rd Round Pick

Trade #5
Boston receives: C/W Jared McCann, MKE 3rd Round Pick
Milwaukee receives: W Artemi Panarin

Trade #6
Quebec receives: G Jake Oettinger
Toronto receives: D Evan Bouchard, QUE 2024 2nd Round Pick

Trade #7
Toronto receives: D Adam Fox
Chicago receives: W Drake Batherson, W Brandon Hagel, TOR 2024 1st Round Pick, TOR 2024 2nd Round Pick, TOR 2024 3rd Round Pick, QUE 2024 2nd Round Pick (acquired in trade #6)

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (9/25/2024 12:58 pm)

Board footera