Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/14/2024 1:22 pm  #41

Re: AltHL Refre5h

I figured I would need to go at some point. So here come the Montreal Chevaliers. I was all set to take the Founders right up until the draft. Loved the history of Montreal and hockey. 

Like Boston, Montreal was one of the original four franchises of the Alt Sports Universe. Chevaliers beat out Musketeers and Dragons. Both of which would have been pretty cool. 

On the ice, we have had a pretty good run with a 66-16 record, 3 Canadian Shields, 3 Gritty Cups and back-2-back Alt Cup titles.

For the Refresh, I wanted a cleaned up Sword-de-lis shield, maximize the usage of red, and add an armored knight logo as an alternate. 

6/14/2024 1:25 pm  #42

Darknes wrote:

Love the new kits for the Auroras, do we know what Legacy Team they got paired with?

Great question. Just added it to the post but they are linked up with the Ducks. I think a pretty exciting match. 

6/14/2024 2:01 pm  #43

Love the new Chevs set! I'm very excited to see the last few teams.

6/14/2024 6:22 pm  #44

hate to sound like a party pooper but I think alaska is the first downgrade we've got so far (which means the rest of these have all been very good!). the updated bear logo is a lot more technically sound but when I look at these two logos, the original one seems aggressive and fierce while the new one looks like it's making fun of its fellow polar bear who just went face-deep into a jar of mayonnaise. I also cannot stress enough how much the home jersey does not need white on it. the aurora pattern is tremendously cool but I think it would've been so much cooler (and the green would have popped a lot more) if it were on a full navy background - you know, like a night sky? where aurora appears? idk I've always thought the auroras looked best with as little white as possible to let the navy and gradient shine through and this is just not doing it for me

6/15/2024 9:26 am  #45

Next up we have the Milwaukee 48ers! 

They are another member of the Season 2 Expansion class. The 48ers have sported a traditional design for their uniform sets.The 48ers name beat out Barons, Barbarians and Muskies (before the AltLB). 

On the ice, Milwaukee has gone 33-35 with one playoff appearance in Season 3. 

DESIGN - QCS

For the Legacy Project, the 48ers have drawn the interesting combination of the Atlanta Thrashers / Winnipeg Jets v2. 

6/15/2024 9:36 am  #46

Next up are the Charlotte Racers. One of the two first expansion teams to the AltHL. This team was the source of controversy during the first owner draft. Everyone expected the team to go to Charlotte-native QCS, but in a twist the Racers were selected by Edge. A few years later QCS was able to come home to Charlotte in a deal that swapped the Racers and Big Horns. During their history the Racers have played in the AHA, Central Conference, Eastern Conference and now the American Conference. 

For this Refresh, the Racers are keeping their basic look with some slight adjustments to sharpen up the design. 

DESIGN - QCS

On the ice, the Racers have gone 46-58 and are looking to make the playoffs next season. 

6/17/2024 7:58 pm  #47

Next, we head to the champions of the first ever Alt Cup. Halifax will be the host of the 2025 Legacy Classic. 

On the ice, Halifax have been 46-45-1. They went on an impressive run in Season 1 to defeat Calgary in the Final. 

DESIGN - IDM + Gritty + Steelman

We have just a few clubs yet. I am dealing with a computer crash at the moment but will be back with Denver soon. 

6/24/2024 12:07 pm  #48

A new computer later I am here to finish up what we have thus far for the Refresh Project. If your team hasn't gone yet simply reach out to me and we will make sure we help the identity cross the finish line. 

Next up, are the Denver Big Horns. The team has shifted its color scheme and added a ram head logo. 

On the ice, the Big Horns have skated to a 36-46 record with one playoff appearance. That was in season 1 and the upset #1 Montreal in the first round. 

6/24/2024 12:13 pm  #49

Due to the delays in the roll out I will be extending the deadline for our 3 league events to August 1st. Please email submissions to me and we will have them in time for our draft in the fall. 

6/24/2024 12:20 pm  #50

Final post from me today, I wanted to get things started by posting the identity for my MHL team. I hope everyone can follow suit in the coming weeks. Please reach out to designers if you would like help collaborating. 

The Sea Parrots (an alternate name for puffins) will be the new affiliate of the 2-time Alt Cup Champion Montreal Chevaliers. While the team has a completely new color scheme it does pay homage to their parent club by mirroring the shape of the shield in the puffin foot logo. 

Board footera