Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/13/2023 3:26 pm  #21

Re: Unconventional Wğ–Žs𝖉o𝖒

I don't mind the direction but I think my biggest problem right now is how the sax looks, on its own and with the script. I can't decide if it is over simplified, needs thicker outline strokes or needs to lean more towards the "J" part of the idea instead of the sax part. When it is with the script, the chest looks unbalanced. Either the sax needs to be thicker or the script needs to be thinner. 

12/15/2023 3:37 pm  #22

Re: Unconventional Wğ–Žs𝖉o𝖒

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I don't care of the white set at all.

What is this, the Pittsburgh Hammers?

Kidding aside, I'm not a huge fan of the white set either, but I wanted to both keep the spirit of the original jerseys intact and showcase the full-color sax, so that's how it ended up, but it still doesn't work very well. I do think the white helps the color scheme a lot, though, so I do like it from that aspect. Speaking of the sax:

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

I don't mind the direction but I think my biggest problem right now is how the sax looks, on its own and with the script. I can't decide if it is over simplified, needs thicker outline strokes or needs to lean more towards the "J" part of the idea instead of the sax part. When it is with the script, the chest looks unbalanced. Either the sax needs to be thicker or the script needs to be thinner. 

I don't know that I agree, but I do see where you're coming from. I think it works better in a three color version (which you can see here, on white, as well as the two more hypothetical examples on the right on yellow and black) than the one-color version I used on the uniforms. I made up a version of the uniforms with a lot more white involved, but decided that it was too much of a departure from the original look.

I did take a shot at beefing up the sax a bit, which you can see here (old on top, new on the bottom):

I thickened up basically everything above the elbow, except for the keys, which have been slightly shrunk to make the neck, the stem of the J, thicker. I do think it's an improvement, so I guess I've come around on this. Let me know if you want to see these on the uniforms (either the ones I've already posted and/or the alternate take I mentioned earlier).

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

Board footera