Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/05/2023 4:54 pm  #21

Re: Eastern Canada Hockey Organization

1946 Sound Cup Finals

Game 1: HFX 0 @ MTM 3 The Métros controlled the game from beginning to end, scoring their first goal early, thanks to Normand Coulombe. Late in the first period, Stéphane Archambault extended their lead to two. Early in the second period, Tristan Loubier scored a third goal. The Métros shut out Halifax 3-0, with Nicolas Deschênes making 32 saves in the win.

Game 2: HFX 2 @ MTM 1 To avoid going down 2-0 in the series, the Highlanders scored the first goal of the game in the 1st period, thanks to John Cameron. Later in the period, Steven Martin scored another goal for Halifax, bringing the score to 2-0. While Montréal's Tristan Loubier scored a goal in the late 2nd period, the Highlanders held on to tie the series at 1-1.

Game 3: MTM 6 @ HFX 3  The Métros started strong by scoring three goals in the 1st period from Andre Bergeron, Normand Coulombe, and Marc-Antoine Lacroix. Halifax managed to score only once in the 1st period, thanks to Alexander Stuart, but added two more goals in the first half of the second period, courtesy of Garry Paterson and Bryce Stewart. However, Montréal replied with another goal from Marc-Antoine Lacroix late in the second period. Louis Wagner added to the Métros' lead midway through the third period, and Marc-Antoine Lacroix completed his Hat-trick, giving Montréal a convincing 6-3 win and setting them up for the chance to win the Sound Cup in the next game.

Game 4: MTM 7 @ HFX 5 The first period of this high-scoring Game 4 saw a flurry of goals from both sides. Halifax would strike first, thanks to Bryce Stewart, but the Métros would get one right back from Stéphane Archambault. Then, Andre Bergeron and Daniel Caron added to the scoreline to give Montréal a two-goal lead heading into the second period. The Highlanders fought back hard, with Michael MacKenzie and Gavin Scott scoring to tie it up at 3-3 before Mike Jackson added a power-play goal to give them the lead. But Montréal wouldn't be denied, with Louis Wagner and Thierry Rousseau scoring within a minute of each other to reclaim the lead. Stéphane Archambault added his second goal of the game in the third period, but a late goal from Gavin Scott gave Halifax hope. However, it wasn't enough as Jérôme Brunet scored an empty-netter to seal the win for Montréal, who claimed the 1st Sound Cup championship.

1946 Sound Cup Champions: Montréal Métros (1)

Up next: the first ECHO Awards

Last edited by Kingsfan11 (6/05/2023 4:56 pm)

6/05/2023 9:38 pm  #22

1945/46 ECHO Awards

A few days after Montréal's victory, it was time to announce who had won the inaugural awards. 

Goaltender Nicolas Deschênes from the Métros would receive the Playoffs MVP award. His remarkable performance, with a 2.33 GAA and .923 SV%, left fans in awe. Deschênes was also named Goalie of the Year. With a 2.93 GAA and .904 SV%, he had been a rock for his team all season.

Saint John's David Howard was crowned as the Most Valuable Player. With 21 goals, 46 assists, and 67 points, Howard had been a crucial player for his team throughout the season.

The Defensive Player of the Year award went to Rémi Bellefeuille of the Métros. He had a whopping 57 takeaways and an impressive record, making him a formidable opponent.

For Defensive Forward of the Year, the award went to Gavin Scott from Halifax. Although he only had eight takeaways, his overall defensive skills made him an asset for his team.

Métros center Thierry Rousseau was awarded Rookie of the Year. With ten goals, 49 assists, and 59 points, Rousseau had made a name for himself in the league and showed that he was a rising star to watch out for.

And thus ends the 1st season of the ECHO. How is everybody feeling about ECHO so far?

Last edited by Kingsfan11 (6/05/2023 9:39 pm)

6/06/2023 3:33 am  #23

Just a question, will you be making characters for this, or accept submissions? Just wondering as I am enjoying this TL. 

6/06/2023 5:46 pm  #24

TheEnigmaticOne wrote:

Just a question, will you be making characters for this, or accept submissions? Just wondering as I am enjoying this TL. 

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by “making characters”. Do you mean prospects, cause if so, I don’t plan on having a draft quite yet. Teams will be getting rookies but not via draft.

Last edited by Kingsfan11 (6/06/2023 7:00 pm)

6/06/2023 7:14 pm  #25

Kingsfan11 wrote:

TheEnigmaticOne wrote:

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by “making characters”. Do you mean prospects, cause if so, I don’t plan on having a draft quite yet. Teams will be getting rookies but not via draft.

I meant like in say Wallflowers NAAF or DireBears AFL, where members can submit players for a draft. If not that's cool, I was just wondering.

6/06/2023 8:36 pm  #26

TheEnigmaticOne wrote:

I meant like in say Wallflowers NAAF or DireBears AFL, where members can submit players for a draft. If not that's cool, I was just wondering.

I don't even have a draft at the moment, the ECHO prospects coming in each year are treated as free agents. Even if I had a draft scheduled, the simulation engine I use already provides me with a full class of rookies for each year    

6/06/2023 9:03 pm  #27

I’m really enjoying this league so far, Kingsfan11! Even if I haven’t decided on who my favorite team is yet, lol. Although correct me if I’m wrong, but shouldn’t the Quebec Reds be named the Quebec Rouge? Since French is more spoken in Quebec City than English? Not that I am nitpicking, but I was just saying. Looking forward to the 1946-47 season of the ECHO either way!

6/06/2023 9:26 pm  #28

Slapshot Kirby wrote:

I’m really enjoying this league so far, Kingsfan11! Even if I haven’t decided on who my favorite team is yet, lol. Although correct me if I’m wrong, but shouldn’t the Quebec Reds be named the Quebec Rouge? Since French is more spoken in Quebec City than English? Not that I am nitpicking, but I was just saying. Looking forward to the 1946-47 season of the ECHO either way!

The Reds were originally an Anglophone team, but they've recently started accepting Francophone players into their team. That's why they're the Reds and not the Rouge.

6/08/2023 3:26 pm  #29

1946 ECHO Offseason

Design Changes
Ottawa Knights

The Knights have decided to brighten up their shades of red and gold after fans complained that their jerseys were too dark.

The Knights didn't make any major changes to uniforms apart from brightening the shades of red and gold. They did, however, make the numbers on the back of the away jersey a bit bigger to match with the home.

C&C are appreciated, as always.

Last edited by Kingsfan11 (6/08/2023 3:31 pm)

6/08/2023 4:23 pm  #30

A much better shade for them. I like the update, strengthens the look for the Knights. 

Board footera