Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/31/2023 7:45 am  #11

Re: Major League Hybrid Hoops (MLHH)

It was a blowout in the MLHH Finals. After rolling past the Americans, the Predators also ran over the Desert Kings as Philly won, 65-46.

The Desert Kings owner called the president.

"What?" The president asked as he sat up from his desk.

"I know a guy who'd be interested in some more teams..."

6/01/2023 5:22 pm  #12

"Hello. Is this the Rooneys?" the president asked.

"Oh, yes. I'm assuming you're calling about the new team in Pittsburgh?"

"Yeah. What are we calling it?"

"Did you know that Pittsburgh was the starting place of the Lewis and Clark Expedition? I was thinking Pittsburgh Xpedition, y'know, without the E?"

"I was thinking something incredibly different, but that's a great name. Xpedition it is."

Then, the president dialed another phone number. Nobody answered.

"Aw man. Would've been awesome to have gotten Seattle in on this. Anyway, let's try Salt Lake City."

After a length talk with investors, he ended up with two teams. The Pittsburgh Xpedition and the Salt Lake Quakes, but the president wasn't done just yet. He founded two teams, the Cleveland Hunters and the Vancouver Venom. 

6/01/2023 5:41 pm  #13

Congratulations to the Preds on their championship. Though it was upsetting seeing my rampage miss the playoffs, it was still nice to see the Desert Kings got knocked in the finals a second time after eliminating Chicago in the first year. I’m also suprised that the Americans were able to make the playoffs, even without “Hail Harry”. Also, what will the divisons look like with the three new expansion teams? Anyways, keep up the work and go rampage!

Last edited by Bohemian Kid (6/02/2023 12:39 pm)

6/01/2023 5:46 pm  #14

Thanks! The Americans are lucky that George Vickers is just as good as his brother! I will attempt to make a map of the divisions.

Last edited by DonutsABC123 (6/01/2023 5:46 pm)

6/07/2023 5:18 pm  #15

Update coming later

6/13/2023 4:36 pm  #16

The president had been working long and hard to find TV deals. The big three networks didn't want the MLHH to be broadcasted on national television, but CBS signed a couple of local deals.

New York: WWOR-TV
Chicago: WGN-TV
Washington DC: WDCA
Philadelphia: WPHL-TV
Los Angeles: KNXT (later KCBS-TV)
San Francisco: KPIX-TV
Denver: KTVS (later KCDO-TV)
Phoenix: KPHO
Pittsburgh: WJNL (later WPCW)
Salt Lake City: KUTV (was the only NBC station to broadcast MLHH at the time, is now a CBS station)

7/02/2023 8:10 am  #17

Sorry I've been AFK. I will get this started up sooner or later, but right now I'm busy making a NASCAR scenario on alternatehistory.com

1/16/2024 12:43 pm  #18

I'm back! Update soon!

Board footera