Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/30/2023 4:41 pm  #1

The AltCAA Season 2023

Welcome to another season of the AltCAA. We have a ways before we kick off for the second season but we are trying to get ahead of the game in terms of organization. This week we are looking to hear from everyone interested in participating.

- Are you an owner interested in returning? Fill out the form.
- Are you an owner who needs to take a step back this season? Fill out the form. 
- Are you someone interested in becoming an owner? Fill out the form. 

Here's the form! 

Please fill out the form by Saturday, June 3. 

If you know of anyone interested in the league please have them fill out the form or contact me directly. 

7/07/2023 6:10 pm  #2

Re: The AltCAA Season 2023

Welcome to the 2023 AltCAA Football Season! 

We are really pumped up to begin our second season of this unique league. I want to cover a few of the updates to the league and share some of the important next steps. We are actually on 50 days or so away from kickoff! 

New Schools

Please welcome some new schools to the league:

Lone Star University Panthers (Steelman)
College of the Hallows Headless Horsemen (Matt1005)
Michigan Institutional Bucks (Stickman)
Florida Panhandle University Jellyfish (Dan O'Mac)

We also have a few schools that were around last year but have moved for the sake of the alignment musical chairs:

Calvert Crusaders --> Playa del Rey Penguins 
Wisconsin State Wolfpack --> Hawaii State Hawks

Instead of drafting from scratch, new teams were given choices (first come first serve) of vacated rosters. We believe that this is the fairest way to proceed and the way that would cause the least disruption. 

As we turn our attention to the new season we must begin by congratulating the 2022 AltCAA National Champions - Darknes and the Nouvelle France Musketeers!

Take a look at this year's conferences: 

The season will culminate the same way as it did last year. The champions of the ECC will go to the Heritage Bowl in Washington DC. The champions of the Super West will go to the Avocado Bowl in Phoenix. The champions of the HAC will play in the Harvest Bowl in Kansas City and finally the Southern V will play in Whiskey Bowl in Nashville. They will then be seeded 1-4 and will play the four at large schools. The winners of those first round games will play in the semi final games and eventually the national champions. Minor bowl games are the Beacon Bowl (Boston) and North Star Bowl (Minneapolis). 

Please suggest a site for this year's National Championship Game - NOMINATIONS HERE

Nominations cannot be in cities that have schools OR existing bowl games. 

Schedule

Check out the 2023 AltCAA Schedule. 

There have been slight adjustments to the schedule this year. Every school will play 4 games against their own conference and 2 games versus 2 teams from each of the other conferences for a total of 10 games. This decision is in response to people's desire to have more variety in the schedule this season. 

The opportunity cost is that there are very few conference games and that the schedules will not be balanced. Therefore we are going to determine conference champions by overall record and NOT conference record. 

Check out your team's schedule and start whipping up schedule posters and uniform schedules.

Keepers: 

Unlike our other leagues you are able to keep as many players as you'd like from year to year. 

Each school has lost players to graduation and/or the AltFL Draft. 

You are able to drop as many players as you'd like to make room for players to be selected on 'Signing Day' (the Draft). 

Keepers will be due on August 5. At that point you will have to submit to Gritty via EMAIL the players (if any) you'd like to drop. We will then adjust your rosters on Fantrax. 

Check out your Current Roster here.

Signing Day: 

Our draft will happen on August 12. It needs to be that day because of a small window between the start of the season and fall camp for each of the schools. Fantrax will not have all of the Freshmen who make their respective teams loaded into the site until after teams release their fall rosters. 

You can view the Draft Order here. 

You'll notice that the defending champions receive the first pick and the weakest teams select later. This is to mimic the nature of college football IRL. 

This draft will be a snake draft which then provides the weaker teams multiple picks later sooner. 

Season:
The AltCAA season will officially kickoff during WEEK ONE of the CFB season (not WEEK ZERO) on August 31st

Last edited by Gritty (7/07/2023 6:11 pm)

7/08/2023 2:28 pm  #3

Gritty wrote:

Instead of drafting from scratch, new teams were given choices (first come first serve) of vacated rosters. We believe that this is the fairest way to proceed and the way that would cause the least disruption. 

Happy we decided that these new teams don't get to draft from Scratch. That would have really hindered Hershey's success this season.

Gritty wrote:

Signing Day: 

Our draft will happen on August 12. It needs to be that day because of a small window between the start of the season and fall camp for each of the schools. Fantrax will not have all of the Freshmen who make their respective teams loaded into the site until after teams release their fall rosters. 

Does this mean we can't protect these players at all? If so, there goes the yearly strategy I planned to have when we started this league.

7/08/2023 4:44 pm  #4

So you get to keep all your players if you'd like. You can drop players if you'd like. I'd recommend dropping anyone who has graduated/left college to start.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/08/2023 7:46 pm  #5

Dan O'Mac wrote:

So you get to keep all your players if you'd like. You can drop players if you'd like. I'd recommend dropping anyone who has graduated/left college to start.

I meant incoming freshmen who won’t be on fantrax for the draft. I quoted the signing day section of the post to specify but I see how my question could come off a little vague.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (7/08/2023 7:51 pm)

7/09/2023 9:33 am  #6

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I meant incoming freshmen who won’t be on fantrax for the draft. I quoted the signing day section of the post to specify but I see how my question could come off a little vague.

If I understand your question correctly - the reason I placed the draft where it was because Fantrax will have just updated the rosters for the season. So anyone eligible for our league will be available during our draft. If we did the draft any earlier there is a chance that a rare surprise freshman who makes their team wouldn't be available. 

Most key freshmen are already on the site. 

I was just sharing the notification that Fantrax gave me when I was setting up the league. 

8/06/2023 12:19 pm  #7

We will be following up with more information. We have a busy next few months as we get our fall leagues underway. I wanted to flag some important dates for our league. Please put these dates on your calendar: 

KEEPERS - AUGUST 5 (IF YOU HAVEN'T SUBMITTED YOUR KEEPERS TO ME PLEASE DO SO ASAP - IF I DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU YOU WILL BE KEEPING YOUR ENTIRE ROSTER - YOU WILL SEE THE UPDATED ROSTERS ON FANTRAX MONDAY MORNING)

DRAFT - AUGUST 12

8/07/2023 2:41 pm  #8

Hi Everyone! We will be releasing a poll soon to decide on the most optimal day this weekend for the draft. In the meantime, head over to Fantrax and look at your roster. I have rolled over the keepers. 

NO PLAYERS SHOULD BE ON IR BEFORE THE DRAFT. 

8/07/2023 4:52 pm  #9

Gritty wrote:

NO PLAYERS SHOULD BE ON IR BEFORE THE DRAFT. 

well had I known this I would've done things differently

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

8/07/2023 5:43 pm  #10

Hey everyone! Here's the poll for the draft. If you're in AltLiga you've already seen a When2meet but for those that haven't just input your AHS username on the left and select when you're free on the calendar. Let's try and get this filled out by Wednesday, August 9th.

Here's the poll: https://www.when2meet.com/?20812648-9cZht

Board footera