Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/30/2023 4:34 pm  #1

The AltHL Season 2023

Welcome to another season of the AltHL. We have a ways before we drop the puck for the fourth season but we are trying to get ahead of the game in terms of organization. This week we are looking to hear from everyone interested in participating.

- Are you an owner interested in returning? Fill out the form.
- Are you an owner who needs to take a step back this season? Fill out the form. 
- Are you someone interested in becoming an owner? Fill out the form. 

Here's the form! 

Please fill out the form by Saturday, June 3. 

If you know of anyone interested in the league please have them fill out the form or contact me directly. 

8/06/2023 12:17 pm  #2

Re: The AltHL Season 2023

ALTHL UPDATE: 

We will be following up with more information. We have a busy next few months as we get our fall leagues underway. I wanted to flag some important dates for our league. Please put these dates on your calendar: 

KEEPERS - SEPTEMBER 23

DRAFT - SEPTEMBER 30

9/16/2023 12:56 pm  #3

Hey guys! I'm posting another When2meet, this time for the AltHL draft. Please get this filled out ASAP so we can lock down a date and time for the draft.

https://www.when2meet.com/?21401754-9eqMi

9/19/2023 4:55 pm  #4

Welcome back to the fourth season of the AltHL! For the third straight year one of our Canadian franchises took home the Alt Cup (the polar opposite of the NHL). This year we have an exciting season ahead. To get things started we wanted to share a few important items. 

The Draft 

If you haven't already please respond to QCS' When2Meet poll that they posted a couple days ago. We will be closing that poll tomorrow to determine when the draft will take place. 

Keepers

Huge shoutout to Dan O'Mac for compiling our keepers. Check out your team's cap situation here AltHL Keepers. Please send Dan your keepers no later than Sunday night. At that time we will input the keepers into Fantrax. Please take a look at your rosters (we will notify you when they are updated) to make sure that the roster accurately reflects your keepers. 

Teams

Earlier this summer we performed a roll call for teams. Please check out the SEASON 4 tab of the database. The teams that are highlighted have indicated that they are returning this season. 

If you are interested in returning please let me know ASAP! 

If you are interested in taking over one an AltHL club please reach out to me ASAP as well. If you know of someone who would be interested please put them in touch with me. People interested in joining the AltHL will be able to choose from any unclaimed or currently defunct franchises. We will then give those owners the option of a vacated team's roster to take over. 

The deadline to join the league will be FRIDAY NIGHT. At that point we will be finalizing the Season 4 alignment and schedule. 

As always if you have any questions please reach out! 

9/21/2023 7:51 am  #5

As Gritty said, please send your keepers to me by Sunday. I'm not sure why the document is not available to be seen, so I uploaded a copy to my Drive as well, and you can view that HERE. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the keeper list and/or values.

Secondly, please email those keepers to me at AltLB.DC@gmail.com. That's not a link, just underlined for emphasis. I will start uploading them on Monday morning, so please make sure you have them in. This will allow for the most time to review them and make sure your team looks accurate.

As Gritty said, if you're not currently in the league, but would like to be in the league, please let Gritty, QCS, or myself know by Friday Night so we can get you in. 

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/23/2023 8:50 pm  #6

As a gentle reminder, keepers are due TOMORROW.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/29/2023 4:03 pm  #7

Okay, so no fancy graphics or anything, but the league is finalized and we have 16 teams for this season. As such, we are breaking from our traditional 3 conference alignment and will be looking to our legacy, as we will be featuring the Canadian Conference and the American Conference this coming season. Toronto returns after a 1 year hiatus as well with new ownership.

The draft will be Sunday, October 1st at 8pm Eastern. That's 7pm Central, 6pm Mountain, and 5pm Pacific. If you're in a different time zone, I leave the math to you.

Keepers were all entered based on what you submitted. PLEASE CHECK FANTRAX TO VERIFY YOUR KEEPERS! If they are not correct, you're stuck with what you have once the draft begins, so it is imperative you check your keepers BEFORE the draft begins so I can correct that.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Gritty, QCS, or me. Reach out to more than one of us if you want to make sure to get eyes on the question.

10/01/2023 7:38 pm  #8

Announcement: Coach Prime is our Ass. Coach. Teaching our players to have swagger, baby!

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

10/01/2023 7:38 pm  #9

let's play guess who the edmonton wildcats are adding to their payroll:

[coach prime]

that's right, it's coach prime! you did it!

edit: darnit. the large hornies beat me too it

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

10/10/2023 6:29 pm  #10

Welcome one and all to another season of AltHL hockey! The Edmonton Wildcats are back for their third year in the league, and after coming so close to a playoff berth in year two, will look to finally break through this year and survive into late March - and maybe even April. Thanks to some unexpected delays from the league office, we didn't know who we were facing until after the season had started, but using the magic of fantasy, we were able to make it on time, partly because we didn't have very far to go to get to Calgary. Earning the first feature of the year is D Mikhail Sergachev, who both scored the most points of any Wildcat last year and, unrelatedly, is also our most expensive player. He'll look to slow down the vaunted Wrangler offence and hopefully provide some offence of his own.

Last edited by ItDoesntMatter (11/21/2023 5:48 pm)

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

Board footera