Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/18/2023 3:23 am  #1

Any XFL Fans out there?

Im very excited for the XFL tomorrow, and I was wondering if anyone else here was as excited as me. So what's your opinions on the XFL and even Spring Football in general?

2/18/2023 7:45 am  #2

Re: Any XFL Fans out there?

I'm just holding out for an XFL-USFL merger. A 16-team spring league would be amazing!

2/18/2023 1:51 pm  #3

I'm cautiously optimistic. I feel that the XFL has specifically set up their schedule around the NFL, allowing those fringe players to play XFL and then catch on with an NFL team for the start of their off-season program. The USFL is not set up the same way with a later start and end to their scheduled. The XFL also benefits from being the NFL's official petri dish. I think if the XFL succeeds, they could see changes the NFL would like to see in order to gauge fan reaction/player reaction. Not that I think the NFL cares too much about the player reaction, but they'll get it.

The downside is the accessibility. The XFL is with ESPN with a few games on ABC. The USFL has theirs on NBC/Peacock and Fox. That provides the USFL a better situation, as they'll be putting more games OTA.

I was more intrigued/excited about an XFL/CFL merger, because the CFL game is fun, it's different, and I like it. But the logistics of the 8 XFL teams not only then needing stadiums, but also stadiums that can support the larger CFL style field means either changes to the CFL game (which shouldn't happen) or a myriad of issues for the teams in the states. I don't think the XFL and USFL will merge. At least not for a couple years.

I'll probably tune in for a game on Sunday if I can. But without cable, I would need that game to be on ESPN+ or ABC for it to be available. So I'm assuming that due to accessibility, I'll watch more USFL when that time comes.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

2/20/2023 6:40 am  #4

It seems that the Roughnecks and Defenders' fanbase picked up where they left off.

How the hell did they get lemons in the stadium

2/23/2023 8:15 pm  #5

Looking forward to tonight's game between Saint Louis and Seattle, hopefully a good crowd will show up. San Antonio garnered 24,000 seats, while the rest of the home games had just over 12,000. Hopefully Seattle can Improve on the 12,000 and gain more fans.

2/27/2023 9:45 pm  #6

I haven't watched any games yet, except for a brief look-in during the first week's game. What's the vibe been like? 

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

3/02/2023 6:57 pm  #7

Steelman wrote:

I haven't watched any games yet, except for a brief look-in during the first week's game. What's the vibe been like? 

Its been pretty good football, though the Vegas home game in week 2 was potentially the wettest football game I've ever witnessed. Twice kickers slipped in the mud, once on a kickoff and once on a field goal.

5/27/2023 7:11 pm  #8

Anyone watch the XFL Title? Or has anyone been watching the USFL?

Board footera