Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/02/2023 7:34 pm  #2291

Re: North American Association of Football - NAAF

Rugrat wrote:

Nobody gonna talk about how the NAAF now has two teams called the Tigers? Anyhow, I look forward to what this brings for everyone's favorite fictional hybrid football league. Can't wait to see the looks of the former WFU teams!

Yea baby!

2/02/2023 7:38 pm  #2292

Rugrat wrote:

Nobody gonna talk about how the NAAF now has two teams called the Tigers? Anyhow, I look forward to what this brings for everyone's favorite fictional hybrid football league. Can't wait to see the looks of the former WFU teams!

technically they only have one and a half teams named the tigers. calgary are only partial members, after all

very cool to see the wfu on board! excited to watch the serpents drive deep into regina territory ;) also hyped to see what oscar has up his shorter, lighter sleeves. keep it coming!

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

2/02/2023 8:19 pm  #2293

What teams are in the ACFL and GLFL?

2/02/2023 9:32 pm  #2294

Mathemortician wrote:

Not to step on Wallflower's toes, but he's kinda kept many of these teams shrouded in mystery so as not to paint himself into a corner later.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

2/02/2023 10:22 pm  #2295

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Mathemortician wrote:

Not to step on Wallflower's toes, but he's kinda kept many of these teams shrouded in mystery so as not to paint himself into a corner later.

Ouch Dan why would you do such a thing as step on my toes?

Dan is right that I have kept them close to the chest mostly because they have changed over the course of the project, as I flesh out the world and sometimes think of different names. I also don't want to pigeonhole myself in the future, but I think the cities are solidified and most of the names are too I can give a list, but again some names are still subject to change.

In the GLFL we have
Detroit Warriors
Cleveland Captains
Cincinnati Centurions
Columbus Pioneers
Chicago All-Pros
Milwaukee Terriers
Minneapolis Black Bears
St. Louis [name TBD]

ACFL
North
Brooklyn Guardians
New Jersey Chargers
New York City Bulls Football Club (You must say the whole thing by Van Fossen's request)
Philadelphia Rebels

South
Richmond Lions
Baltimore Lancers
Washington Potomacs
Pittsburgh Hammers

2/03/2023 10:57 am  #2296

While I am still on the Omaha bandwagon (You gonna give Omaha what they want, LOL) This NAAF/WFU deal will possibly start a merger with the GLFL and the ACFL. I don't believe the GLFL is gonna sit idle while the NAAF grows and the ACFL got embarrassed by it's former commissioner and the NAAF.  Here are my predictions (which I know is all false):

-The GLFL will help pay for the KC Stadium, adding KC (and Possibly Omaha) to their league
-Soriano and Whitfield will have talks about a possible GLFL Champions vs. ACFL Champions game (A "Super Cup" if you will)
-AFCL will try to expand to the southeast to attract the teams from the southern leagues
-Long Shot Prediction: The GLFL could add Thunder Bay, ON as their next expansion along with KC and Omaha (Again, Long Shot, But is in the great lakes region and adds a possible neighboring rival to Minneapolis and Milwaukee).

All in All, can't wait for the next season and team reveals.

Last edited by ZO82 (2/03/2023 5:53 pm)

2/03/2023 2:22 pm  #2297

All of this looks very exciting and I am very interested to see what these new teams look like, especially Regina. Good work!

Last edited by Jayhawk (2/03/2023 2:23 pm)

2/03/2023 6:16 pm  #2298

I'd propose the Saint Louis team be called the Archers, that way the logo would be the Saint Louis Arch turned sideways to look like a bow and arrow. Just a thought.

2/03/2023 6:21 pm  #2299

Wallflower wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Yea baby!

London Tigers vs Calgary Ti Gers

2/03/2023 6:56 pm  #2300

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Wallflower wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Yea baby!

London Tigers vs Calgary Ti Gers

I'm sure Ti Gers is already the name of one of their players

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

Board footera