Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/19/2022 8:14 pm  #91

Re: The AltFL Season 2022

is there a contingency plan for if teams don't submit keepers or are we going to potentially end up with another dalvin cook situation?

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

8/19/2022 9:32 pm  #92

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

is there a contingency plan for if teams don't submit keepers or are we going to potentially end up with another dalvin cook situation?

Yeah unless you get a specific "I am not keeping any players" can we do like the highest-scoring players being automatically kept until the salary cap is hit? I don't want to see another draft where the top teams get incredible players because the owners didn't respond.

8/19/2022 9:33 pm  #93

Good calls, we'll definitely learn from that situation last year. 

8/20/2022 10:40 am  #94

Programming Alert. I will shutting off access to the database for much of today to update the keepers sheet and lock in the schedule. Stay tuned! 

8/24/2022 4:07 pm  #95

Gritty, out of curiosity, when will we know which of the redesigned jerseys won for Carolina and Miami?

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/27/2022 9:35 pm  #96

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Gritty, out of curiosity, when will we know which of the redesigned jerseys won for Carolina and Miami?

Good question. I have been working on inputting keepers and the new schedule and was going to announce the jerseys all in one big post. I hopefully will have something real soon. 

8/31/2022 5:46 pm  #97

Thank you everyone for your patience as we get this season off of the ground. I want to draw your attention to a few items that I have been working on. 

1.) New Uniforms!

The Reapers and Hammerheads have winning designs. Both were presented to the owners who then were able to choose between them and their originals. In this case, both teams chose to go with the new options.

2.) The Schedule

The schedule has been updated. We had a few tweaks that we needed to make. The format is still the same:
-The first two weeks of the season are divisional games.
-The last three weeks of the season are also divisional. The last game of the week is rivalry week. It is important to note that the order of the opponents within the division is different this year.
-Then each division will play all 6 teams from another division. This is the third and final year of that cycle. Meaning the East will play the West and the Central will play the South. 
-The middle game of the season will be a random opponent that was determined based on needs of having the same amount of home and away games. 

3.) Keepers
Keepers are officially in. That is a pretty labor intensive process and was the element that was slowing me down. Please check your roster to make sure that I didn't miss any of your keepers. I tried really hard to triple check the rosters. But with all of that data input I am sure I missed something. Once the draft begins that you are S.O.L. so check now.

4.) The Draft 
-Will be this Saturday at 8PM ET.
- The order will be randomized and snake format. 

If you have any questions please reach out. 

8/31/2022 6:31 pm  #98

Hey Gritty,

I'm missing Singletary and Robert Woods from the Bolts.

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

9/01/2022 12:33 am  #99

YOUR New York Emperors are proud to announce the returning players and players acquired via trade from the 2021 season!

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/01/2022 7:19 am  #100

Only issue with the Sabercats is that I'm pretty sure I should get LB Quincy Williams from the New York Jets on my team as part of the Deshaun Watson trade (we and the Nightriders had a stipulation that made Williams a Sabercat if Watson was suspended more than half the season, which he now is).

Other than that, Grit job man!   I can only imagine how tough it is to keep up on all the transactions!

Btw, the Reapers and Hammerheads look sharp!   Really nice updates!

Last edited by Stickman (9/01/2022 7:20 am)

Board footera