Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/05/2022 11:53 am  #501

Re: AltLB Design Thread

Stickman wrote:

Question, is anyone else having no luck trying to put more than one player on IR at a time?   Is that suppose to be the case?

Only players with the crossed red flag can be put on IR, which is different than all of the other leagues.

4/05/2022 12:36 pm  #502

JamHeronArk wrote:

Stickman wrote:

Question, is anyone else having no luck trying to put more than one player on IR at a time?   Is that suppose to be the case?

Only players with the crossed red flag can be put on IR, which is different than all of the other leagues.

Ah, well I suppose that's fair.  Although that does make my strategy of picking a couple of guys who are guaranteed to start the year in the Minor Leagues look silly in retrospect, lol.  That's probably the reason for this rule, to keep people from just sticking a bunch of good Minor League prospects in the IR for most of the year.

Last edited by Stickman (4/05/2022 12:37 pm)

4/05/2022 6:24 pm  #503

I think it's based on the way baseball injured reserve works with IR stints being certain day lengths.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

4/05/2022 6:28 pm  #504

Just a quick reminder that AltLB Event Game Logos are due next Monday, 4/11. They need to be emailed to wbdibella@gmail.com. I haven't gotten any submissions so far but I'd love to see what the community can come up with!

4/09/2022 2:24 pm  #505

The Boston Masons are proud to announce their coaching staff and general manager.
Manager - Derek Jeter
GM- Brian Cashman
Pitching Coaches - Mariano Rivera and Andy Pettitte
Hitting Coaches - Alex Rodriguez and Jorge Posada

4/09/2022 8:30 pm  #506

The Atlanta Firebirds now have a stadium. Yay! 

So, the common theme for the teams I have is to put them on water. And that was going to be the plan for the Firebirds as well. Unfortunately, we left it to the interns to find a location for the stadium. The only experience our interns had in Atlanta was driving through it in a white 12 passenger van in July with no AC on their way down to Florida. Naturally, they took the easy way out, as do most of the members of my ownership group...huh we may need to fix that in the future... Anyway, they thought, "The only water in the city is this pretty neat aquarium. Let's put it there." So we did. 

It is my pride and pleasure to formally open the gates to The Ring of Fire at Georgia Aquarium. 

The interns tried their best at a mockup of the stadium...it's better than the Alaska Airlines Carrier at least? And that flattering Detroit release.

So, yes the stadium is right on top of the Georgia Aquarium. We were also able to take full advantage of the aquarium's newest creature and made it our mascot. Seen in the mockup is our living mascot, Spot the Whale Shark! 

Spot is located in between the stadium and the main area of the aquarium, greeting Firebirds fans as they enter the Ring of Fire. Then just a few escalator trips and boom there you are! 

Some festivities are the lighting of the Ring of Fire before the first pitch of every game, as well as after every Firebirds home run and win. 

And now I present to you The Ring of Fire at Georgia Aquarium!
(The interns are still learning Photoshop)

Last edited by ANDY! (4/09/2022 8:36 pm)

4/11/2022 10:40 pm  #507

QCS wrote:

Just a quick reminder that AltLB Event Game Logos are due next Monday, 4/11. They need to be emailed to wbdibella@gmail.com. I haven't gotten any submissions so far but I'd love to see what the community can come up with!

Because I haven't received any submissions yet, I'm gonna extend the deadline by one more week. Please submit your logos to wbdibella@gmail.com by April 18.

4/22/2022 7:05 pm  #508

Alright, we finally have the logo options for your 2022 AltLB Event Games! Remember that when you vote 1 is your most favorite and 3 is your least favorite. Vote here.

After this, we do uniforms! I'm gonna set the deadline for those at Monday, May 2nd. Once again, email those to wbdibella@gmail.com. I didn't get many submissions for the logos so I'm hoping we can get some more for the uniforms.

The matchups for the games are as follows: Las Vegas vs. Oklahoma City for the Fields of the Future game and Carolina vs. New York for the Sandlot Series. The Atoms and Bison uniforms should have a futuristic style (refer to MLB's Turn Ahead the Clock uniforms) while the Griffins and Blackbirds should have a classic touch. Beyond that it's up to you how they look! Just make sure to submit the uniforms separately for each team so I can put them in the poll. Happy designing!

4/26/2022 1:35 pm  #509

I have some logos to announce! Congrats to ItDoesntMatter and QCS for designing the winning logos.

As a reminder, uniforms for the games are due next Monday, May 2nd. Please email those to wbdibella@gmail.com. Fields of the Future will be Las Vegas vs. Oklahoma City and the Sandlot Series will be Carolina vs. New York. I've been asked for a little more clarification on rules, so here they are:

Fields of the Future:
You can adjust colors and logos to a reasonable degree (still recognizable as the team, for the most part). Refer to the Seattle Mariners and New York Mets when they did the Turn Ahead the Clock promotion. Just make sure to have a clear distinction between both teams. Aim for a futuristic look!

Sandlot Series:
For the throwback game, aim for a classic look. Team colors shouldn't be messed with (with the exception of the uniform base - colors like cream instead of white or a gray is ok) and new logos are ok as long as, again, the team is recognizable. Look back to classic MLB teams for a good idea of what to aim for.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me on the boards or Discord and I'll do my best to get back to you in a timely manner. It is finals season, after all! Anyway, good luck and happy designing!

5/02/2022 3:58 pm  #510

Remember to get those uniforms in to me by tonight! I have received... zero submissions so far. So you've got a good chance!

Board footera