Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/18/2022 9:08 pm  #21

Re: Welcome to PUCH

I like what I see so far. Between the two I prefer Empire for the purple but I'll wait until all 10 are revealed to make my decision on who to support. Of course doesn't matter who else I support if Charlotte gets a team you know I'll be fan #1 for them.

3/18/2022 9:51 pm  #22

NeoPrankster wrote:

It'll be interesting to see if PUCH can sustain two teams in the Big Apple. Is either one gonna play at Madison Square Garden?

The first question is definitely a fair one, and will be something to monitor in the early stages of this league.

While real life pro teams will exist in this universe, PUCH teams will play in fictional arenas based on nearby civic arenas and the like that better fit the size and scope of this league. There is a possibility if the league grows extensively that larger real-life arenas could come into play.

QCS wrote:

I like what I see so far. Between the two I prefer Empire for the purple but I'll wait until all 10 are revealed to make my decision on who to support. Of course doesn't matter who else I support if Charlotte gets a team you know I'll be fan #1 for them.

Thanks! As you can imagine, we're probably quite a ways out from Charlotte joining the league so I'll be curious to see who you align with until then. I have my suspicion/suggestion (and don't want to give too much away) but I was definitely thinking you might like Empire City.

I will have a fun little form for all new fans to cast their allegiance after all 10 teams are revealed.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THL, PUCH, WHA: Redux and Retroliga.

3/18/2022 11:08 pm  #23

Third Club Makes an Entrance

Mr. Edward Earl Emerson brought in a huge wooden cart with a large object on it draped in black cloth as the group of reporters and a smattering of fans looked on in wonderment. He whipped the drape off with a flourish to reveal a bronze statue of a Liberty Bell replica.

Liberty Athletic will be located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and play their home games at the aging Belfry Arena which seats 7,600. The club is sponsored by Vanguard Group, an investment company in nearby Malvern, of whom many of its members once belonged to the original Liberty Athletic Club. Now owned by Lester Lindgren, the old LAC has been restructured into two divisions which now includes the hockey club. Lindgren will own and finance the new club as it joins PUCH. Lindgren is well-liked around Philly but can be something of a people pleaser and never takes risks unless he knows people will approve. Despite being a visionary, Lindgren is prone to doing whatever his cronies think is best and whatever makes him look good. Lindgren can often be found having press conferences where he attempts to gain approval through the media.

Coaching for the club will be some carryovers from the old club headed by George Granheim, 55, who much like Lindgren tries way too hard to fit in and be liked. The game has passed him by but he tries to be one of the guys in the locker room which often leads to disputes and miscommunication. 46-year-old Brick Bryan is the primary assistant coach and is a well-known rule bender and seems to find morbid delight in seeing how far rules can be bent. Old Jim Johns is 62 and is sure to let everyone know it all the time and can often be found discussing how it used to be in the old days. Despite all his gruff and grandeur, Johns is actually a knowledgable coach.

The identity for Liberty Athletic plays off the logo for the old original athletic club in downtown Philly and utilizes and bright color scheme of red, blue, and white. The blue bell with red stripe and white outlines features a hand drawn style with Liberty across it in a vintage script. The uniforms go for a full length sleeve striping of blue on a red jersey paired with blue shells. The away jersey flips to the colors to promote the red primary color.

Emerson waited patiently while Lindgren had to shake everyone's hand and ask them what they thought about the new club before eventually making his exit.

C&C always appreciated!

Keep all the questions coming. Happy to answer them all!

3/18/2022 11:24 pm  #24

a hockey team in philadelphia that wears red jerseys with blue accents and uses the liberty bell as their logo? where have I seen this before...

jokes aside, solid work so far! my favorite through 3 is also echc, but I have a feeling the team I'll be rooting for is still to come. keep it up!

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

3/19/2022 3:39 am  #25

Steelman wrote:

The club will be coached by Smokey Joe Jackson, a 58-year-old chainsmoker who always seems more interested in endless cigarettes and finding the next best Cuban than actually coaching hockey.

Classic Smokey Joe, always trying to scout those young, Cuban athletes. Won’t stop going on and on about how Cuba is the next hot hockey hub….. slick, cigarette smoking, Cuban U20 national team coaching, Smokey Joe Jackson is probably not a thing, but he’s canon in my perfect PUCH narrative.

3/19/2022 8:39 am  #26

I'm waiting for an owner who exudes that 14-year-old edgelord charm claiming to have dark superpowers inside his left eye. Oh, and his ancestors are full of vampire hunters and demon hunters.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

3/19/2022 8:45 pm  #27

Number 4 Comin' Right Up

Mr. Edward Earl Emerson brought out a huge Canadian flag and hung it up on the wall as some of the true New Yorkers groaned. The new owner just stood there with a devilish grin on his face and seemed to enjoy the negativity.

Toronto Fox will be located in Toronto, Ontario and play their home games at the freshly redesigned Four Seasons Centre which seats 11,500. The club is of course sponsored by Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. New club owner and financier is Vince Van Dyke, a Toronto native and wealthy socialite who is no stranger to paparazzi and smut rags. Nobody really knows how he makes his money but Van Dyke spends the majority of his time high rolling with wealthy crowds and the rest of it in court as he fends off an innumerable amount of civil suits and disputes. He has an almost magnetic attraction to scandals but somehow almost always comes up smelling roses.

Trev Trentonville will be the head coach for Toronto, a 48-year-old silver-tongued schmoozer who can work the vicious media and wrap anyone around his finger at will. He's assisted by 42-year-old Nick Nylander who has big ideas that are often way too far out of reality, and the gruff and grouchy Cal Cormier who would rather grouse about hockey than coach it.

The identity for Toronto Fox will go with a royal blue, gold, and white scheme and a sly looking fox as the primary logo. The name stems from a nickname for Van Dyke years ago as he navigated through several high-profile scandals and somehow escaped punishment. The uniforms will have gold yokes and triple striping throughout. The away uniforms will feature more gold than blue because Van Dyke wanted “something gaudy and rich-looking” for them.

Meanwhile, Emerson quickly shooed Van Dyke out of the room before he could get involved in any negative press.

C&C always appreciated!

3/19/2022 11:02 pm  #28

These last three teams have all looked great, my favorite of the three would probably be Toronto

3/19/2022 11:19 pm  #29

Steelman wrote:

QCS wrote:

Thanks! As you can imagine, we're probably quite a ways out from Charlotte joining the league so I'll be curious to see who you align with until then. I have my suspicion/suggestion (and don't want to give too much away) but I was definitely thinking you might like Empire City.

I will have a fun little form for all new fans to cast their allegiance after all 10 teams are revealed.

Hmmm, I wonder who. My guess would be the teal-looking one, between Toronto and the green one on the far right. I do enjoy me some teal.

Liking Liberty and Toronto, solid looks, not my favorite, but good nonetheless. Still like EC the best so far.

3/20/2022 1:18 am  #30

Section30 wrote:

These last three teams have all looked great, my favorite of the three would probably be Toronto

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying the identities so far.

Queen City Swarm wrote:

Hmmm, I wonder who. My guess would be the teal-looking one, between Toronto and the green one on the far right. I do enjoy me some teal.

Liking Liberty and Toronto, solid looks, not my favorite, but good nonetheless. Still like EC the best so far.

Thanks dude! 

FC Macbeth wrote:

I'm waiting for an owner who exudes that 14-year-old edgelord charm claiming to have dark superpowers inside his left eye. Oh, and his ancestors are full of vampire hunters and demon hunters.

There are probably a couple of owners who might fit the bill, one in particular that I have in mind but I'll see how you receive them first.

Scratch wrote:

Classic Smokey Joe, always trying to scout those young, Cuban athletes. Won’t stop going on and on about how Cuba is the next hot hockey hub….. slick, cigarette smoking, Cuban U20 national team coaching, Smokey Joe Jackson is probably not a thing, but he’s canon in my perfect PUCH narrative.

I was wondering if anyone would catch that. Haha. I just like the idea of a bunch of Cubans deciding to skip baseball and learn hockey instead. Maybe your eventual scout can be the one to find that talent.

IDM wrote:

jokes aside, solid work so far! my favorite through 3 is also echc, but I have a feeling the team I'll be rooting for is still to come. keep it up!

Thanks! And I have a feeling you might be right.

Board footera