Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/16/2022 9:31 pm  #61

Re: Good If It Goes: The Story of the OBA

HWULA wrote:

Luva Mountaineers
The Luva Mountaineers are based out of the far northeast corner of the country. Luva is a mountain village along the edge of the Edgeworth Mountain Range. Culturally proud of the beauty around them, the team named themselves the Mountaineers. The green mountain rams that inhabit the area inspired the logo, drawn courteously by the Horrible Woeful Unsatisfactory Logo and Apparel Company.

The Mountaineers went all out with their uniforms, with alternating striping along the ribbing. The trim will be a lighter brown. The home uniforms will also include a mountain rage along the stomach area, with the ram on the shorts. The away uniforms will be brown.

Luva will play their home games at Edgeworth Court.

Edgeworth Court…wait a minute…

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

3/18/2022 11:12 pm  #62

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

HWULA wrote:

Luva Mountaineers
The Luva Mountaineers are based out of the far northeast corner of the country. Luva is a mountain village along the edge of the Edgeworth Mountain Range. Culturally proud of the beauty around them, the team named themselves the Mountaineers. The green mountain rams that inhabit the area inspired the logo, drawn courteously by the Horrible Woeful Unsatisfactory Logo and Apparel Company.

The Mountaineers went all out with their uniforms, with alternating striping along the ribbing. The trim will be a lighter brown. The home uniforms will also include a mountain rage along the stomach area, with the ram on the shorts. The away uniforms will be brown.

WOW I didn't notice the coincidence. I made the file for Edgeworth Court on March 29, 2020. I don't think your first comment in this thread was until April of 2020. That's crazy.

The Prosecutor might have to be included in OBA lore!!

Last edited by HWULA (3/18/2022 11:13 pm)

3/18/2022 11:26 pm  #63

1975 OCS Finals

Boothtown was in an uproar for a week straight prior to the Finals game. Travelers from all over the country flooded to hotel rooms to get a chance to see the biggest sporting event in the nation's history. The house was PACKED; completely sold out. 25% of tickets were allotted for each team's fan section, and the remaining 50% was sold to the general public.

If this year's regular season didn't already set the precedent, tonight, the fans knew: the age of Hitts Weckerthaul was upon them. The league MVP rambled off 38 points in a magnificent effort, including a 13-0 run all by himself. He could not be stopped on either end, accumulating eight rebounds and four steals. Boothtown was led by Donald who, despite the loss, turned in a 20-10-10 game himself. Although the lead never got past 10, it was simply too much for the Mobsters to overcome. As such, the Mescudi Moonmen won their first OCS Finals! For his performance, Hitts Weckerthaul was named the OCS Finals MVP.

Mescudi Moonmen Championship Banner

Last edited by HWULA (3/25/2023 10:08 am)

3/18/2022 11:36 pm  #64

HWULA wrote:

the age of Hitts Weckerthaul was upon them.

An absolutely legendary name.

Good to see you back on this series!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

3/21/2022 12:35 pm  #65

HWULA wrote:

HWULA wrote:

Luva Mountaineers

WOW I didn't notice the coincidence. I made the file for Edgeworth Court on March 29, 2020. I don't think your first comment in this thread was until April of 2020. That's crazy.

I’m wondering how that came to be lmao. I’d rather observe from a distance instead of being in the lore, but the offer is much appreciated!

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

3/22/2022 10:50 am  #66

HWULA wrote:

I’m wondering how that came to be lmao. I’d rather observe from a distance instead of being in the lore, but the offer is much appreciated!

Offseason Heading into 1976
Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth declines the offer to be included in OBA lore.

That's all for the 1976 offseason! No new teams, designs or jersey changes just yet.

3/26/2022 1:35 pm  #67

That logo looks more like a Ram mixed with a turtle.

3/29/2022 9:53 am  #68

1976 Season Results

The Murdlock Razors finally pieced together a fantastic season with the talent they have. Evans Strong and Carl Baker were the nastiest 1-2 punch in the league on their way to All-League nominations. They Razors earned the top spot in the league by sweeping The Bay Bishops, who had the same record. The Bishops stout defense propelled them to the second spot.

Hitts Weckerthaul won the league's MVP award for the second consecutive season, lifting the defending champions to yet another playoff appearance. The Luva Mountaineers secured the fourth playoff spot in the final weekend of play, defeating the Ensylvan Drakes, who were hot on their tails all season. The Drakes, disappointed in the outcome, far outpaced league expectations on their way to a 15-11 mark. McQuelsey, despite a fantastic effort from Deacon Moss, came up short. The Woodpeckers did emerge victorious in their remaining six games. The Team of the River Galloway disappointed, playing their way to a .500 record. The Ricos of Irving also finished 13-13 on the year. Gin City, despite playing in numerous close games, had a 12-14 mark. Brian Williams, of Desherd City, submitted a First Team-worthy season, but injuries plagued the Dachshunds all year. The Murdlock Monocles, Boothtown Mobsters (surprisngly), Irving Crows, and Remolvo Choristers inhabited the basement of the league.

4/04/2022 8:37 pm  #69

1976 OCS Playoffs
The Murdlock Razors hold the top seed and have drawn the Luva Mountaineers. The Bay Bishops will host the defending champion Mescudi Moonmen.

Who is winning in 1976?! Let us know!

4/19/2022 10:20 am  #70

1976 First Round

Game 1: #1 Murdlock Razors 101, #4 Luva Mountaineers 80
This... was ugly from the start. Murdlock packed the house, which shocked absolutely no one. The Razors opened on a 14-3 run and never looked back. Carl Baker led the way to victory, nabbing 34 points and 13 assists. On the defensive end, he added three steals. Evans Strong hammered home 20 points of his own. The lone bright spot for the Mountaineers was Winston Burns, who was the only Luva scorer above 15 points.

Game 2: #2 The Bay Bishops 80, #3 Mescudi Moonmen 92
In the days leading up to the game, reigning league MVP Hitts Weckerthaul was crowded by microphones outside of a TacoTown fast food restaurant. He answered one question only, with this:

"I'm hungry for another one."

Whether "another one" meant another championship or another Better Beefer-Wrap with no lettuce was up for debate. However, Hitts clearly wrapped that debate up with his performance against The Bay. Weckerthaul dropped 40 points on the Bishops en route to a second championship appearance. The Bay had no answer for his prowess whatsoever, leaving a tall task for the Razors to stop him in the OCS Finals.

WHO WILL WIN THE 1976 OCS FINALS?!? Leave your predictions!

Board footera