Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/22/2021 3:16 am  #1

It's Finally Time.

Well, it's been quite a bit, hasn't it? I'd like to start by apologizing for the wait. We here at AHSports College Project QCS vastly underestimated how long it would take to translate these incredible designs to new templates. Not only that, but one of us moved, one of us is a hockey coach, and another went through the entire real-life college application process. What I'm trying to say is, life got in the way. However! I have made the executive decision to forgo the translation process and finally show off what we made over a year ago. Honestly, the main reason is because I want to do another one and see what we can do, one year on, with the insane progress we've all made. Without further ado, I present (in alphabetical order), the results of the first term of the AHSports College Project!

Canton College
Baltimore, MD
The Fishers
Group 7: IDM, ANDY!, Dan O'Mac, Sevsdas

Central Delaware University
Magnolia, DE
The Bears
Group 2: Darknes, QCS, Jared2001usa, DireBear

Coastal Florida University
Jacksonville, FL
The Comets
Group 2: IDM, ANDY!, Dan O'Mac, Sevsdast

Hamilton University
Paterson, NJ
The Kestrals
Group 3: JamHeronArk, Wallflower, GregTheWolf144, RoughRiders9
"We in Group 3 are proud to present the Kestrels of prestigious Hamilton University in Paterson, NJ. From their founding in 1804 and subsequent naming after former Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton, HamU has been a haven for scholars and athletes. The America & Globe News has consistently ranked HamU in their top ten for two decades."

Hudson University
Yonkers, NY
The Specters
Group 6: Gritty, Edgeworth, Sportsfan7, NeoPrankster
"We present to you Hudson University. Hudson's campus is in Yonkers, New York.  Founded in 2000 (not many schools in the US are this new).  Yonkers is just a few miles away from Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow.  The entire area was made famous by the work of the famous poet Washington Irving.   Hudson is home to the Specters! The mascot refers to Irving's stories about the area. His stories include Rip Van WInkle, The Headless Horseman, and Storm-Ship.  The mascot specifically refers to Storm Ship - his poem about the fearsome tale of the Flying Dutchman.  The Ghost ship cursed to sail the seas.  The poem places the ghost ship on the Hudson River.   We have three logos for this set. The first is a skull of a pirate.  The second is a weather worn 'H'.  The third is a ghost ship sailing through the fog.  We based it on some of the paintings of the famous poem. Some of the uniforms are meant to reflect a torn up pirate flag."

University of Oahu
Honolulu, HI
The Seahawks
Group 1: Stickman, Dr.Pepper, 3pointtally, FC Macbeth

Real Universidad de California
San Francisco, CA
The Rojos
"Our prompt was another fish, a population that only included 3 real possible locations, and it had to be founded 50 years before the state was admitted to the Union. These are not complaints but rather the challenges we had to overcome. It took a bit of time but we think we ended with a pretty unique identity.  
School History: In 1776, Mission San Francisco was founded by catholic priests. They were from the Franciscan order of Catholicism and sent as part of the group responsible for the Spanish Empire's expansion to the west coast of North America.  Their 'mission' was to evangelize and spread Catholicism to the Native Americans. This educational mission eventually morphed into the Real Universidad de California.  This is the common name for universities founded by the Spanish Empire around the world.In 1821, when Mexico gained independence from Spain, California became property of the new nation. The school became a part of Mexico as well. But the school's name remained. Eventually California became the Great Bear Republic.  After the 1948 Gold Rush that state gained its statehood. Throughout all of this volatility Real California was a beacon of education and advancement.(That's how we dealt with the non-California thing). 
Mascot: Our teams are known as the Rojos.  The lady teams are known as the Rojas.  Rojos meaning 'Red' reference the red sides and flesh of Salmon.  Salmon were a vital source of food to the Spanish explorers and missionaries. Our submission:Real Universidad de California also known as Real California or RealCal. Home of the Rojos."

San Juan University
San Juan, PR
The Cucojos
Group 4: Steelman, Scratch, dvdbubba27, Rugrat

Sawtooth State University
Idaho City, ID
The Whipsnakes
"From the great state of Idaho is SSU.  Founded in 1908, Sawtooth State was founded in Idaho City, Idaho.  Idaho City is the first congressional district of the state and has a population of under 487 people. We thought it would be a strong candidate that fits our requirement.  It is in the Boise-Nampa metro area but has the land for a college town. We think that Idaho City would have grown a town around the university. Sawtooth State most commonly referred to as Sawtooth is named for the Sawtooth Mountains that cut through the middle of the state.  Sawtooth proudly dons the emblem of the Whipsnake as their mascot. In an early football game, the newspaper called the team as fast as a whipsnake. The Whipsnake is known for their speed and there is even a myth about how it chases people - although that has never happened on campus.   The main logo is an 'S' snake. Their colors are copper, dark grey and our required blue.  The uniforms for football and basketball feature snake skin.  We hope to be in a conference with Western Colorado - never been a fan of those Conductors!"

University of Silicon Valley
San Jose, CA
The Seahorses
"We present to you the University of Silicon Valley.  Founded in 1971, at the dawn of a technological revolution in the Bay Area.  In the decades that followed the brightest minds of the nation flocked to the 'Valley' to advance the 20th Century.  At the core of the revolution was the University of Silicon Valley.  It quickly became one of the best schools in the nation.  It is a factory for producing future moguls in all walks of life (cough Stanford cough).  The campus is nestled in San Jose, California. USV is home of the Seahorses.  Their colors are a dark blue and a seafoam green. The athletic logo is the angry seahorse while the 'SV' logo is secondary for sports but primary for the university."

Theodore Roosevelt University
Huntington, NY
The Rough Riders
Group 2: Darknes, QCS, Jared2001usa, DireBear

University of Indiana, Gary
Gary, IN
The Blacksmiths
"In the nation's capital for iron and steel (that's right Pittsburgh) is the University of Indiana, Gary. Founded in 1899, UIG was a school that served Northwestern Indiana.  At UIG they study engineering.  Indiana is in the heart of the automotive industry. UIG is the home of the Blacksmiths.Their four sports are Lacrosse, Football, Soccer and of course Basketball. Black, Yellow and Silver are their main colors. But we envision our throwbacks to be athletic Gold and Black."

Virginia Maritime Academy
Virginia Beach, VA
The Ironclads
Group 5: Burmy87, Section30, ThisIsFine, CCLXXXVII
"School name: Virginia Maritime Academy (aka Virginia Maritime, abbreviation VMA)
City: Virginia Beach, Virginia
City Population: 449,974 (largest city in Virginia-no cities in the state have a population in the 500,000-1,000,000 range, so we went with what worked best).
Founding Date: 1937 (75th anniversary of the Battle of Hampton Roads)
Athletics nickname: Ironclads
Reason for nickname: In honor of the Battle of Hampton Roads, perhaps the most famous naval battle in the American Civil War.  Fought in 1862, it was a showdown between the USS Monitor and CSS Virginia, the first American naval battle between two ironclad ships.  Fought over two days, the battle ended in a stalemate, proving the power of this new industrial innovation.
Color scheme: Maroon, Steel Gray, Sea Blue
Athletics slogan: Forged For Battle
Sports presented: Football, baseball, basketball and soccer
Primary logo: Interlocking "VM," with a maroon "V" and a Sea Blue "M" outlined in white and Ironclad Gray.  On a maroon background, the "V" is Ironclad Gray, outlined in white and Steel Gray (as attached).  Designed by Section30.
Action logo: Gray ironclad sailing on blue sea with waves, emerging from a maroon semicircle with white block "VIRGINIA MARITIME ACADEMY" (as attached).  Designed by CCLXXXVII
FOOTBALL UNIFORM: With the exception of the maroon and gray throwback set with plain numerals and blank helmets, any elements can be mixed and matched with any other on gamedays (two helmets, three jerseys, two pants and three socks).  Designed by Section30.
BASEBALL UNIFORM: Three sets are attached (white jerseys for home uniforms, gray jerseys for away, maroon for alternate).  Designed by Burmy.
BASKETBALL UNIFORM: Three sets are attached (white for home, maroon for away, gray for alternate).  Designed by Burmy.
SOCCER UNIFORM: Main uniform is the maroon set, clash uniform is the white set with maroon bend sinister.  Designed by Section30."

Western Colorado University
Longmont, CO
The Conductors
Group 1: Stickman, Dr.Pepper, 3pointtally, FC Macbeth

And there it is! All 14 schools we made so many months ago. I hope you enjoy!

11/22/2021 9:52 am  #2

Re: It's Finally Time.

I never thought I'd see the day.

Seriously, though, this is really cool to finally see! Can't wait to do it all again, because it was a lot of fun the first time around.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

11/22/2021 11:13 am  #3

I'm excited to do this again just knowing that I will be able to contribute a lot more this time around.

I'd like to see a standardized template so there wouldn't need to be a "translation" time, something usable in the main formats.

I also really like the explanations provided by some of these, and would like to see that as a standard thing. It definitely can help us get into the minds of the group that designed them and the choices they made.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

11/22/2021 5:23 pm  #4

Christmas came early? Thanks Santa Quice. So cool to finally see it all together.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

11/22/2021 5:55 pm  #5

Sheesh! Great to see the return! Didn’t realize that our group truly was that fast lol.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

11/22/2021 6:30 pm  #6

I honestly didn't think I'd see the day that this returned, but I'm so glad it did!

11/30/2021 11:17 pm  #7

Bravo. Bravo all of you! And for all those who went the extra mile and worked to explain things like the Ironclads, I salute you. 

Board footera