Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/09/2021 5:58 pm  #41

Re: AltCAA Legacy Project

H-Town1141 wrote:

Topolino wrote:

For Immediate Release
Glenview, Illinois

Just because nobody has chosen it yet, Asnerbrook chooses Clemson.

(I'm just thinking about historical references) if Asnerbrook's 5th and last college title was in 1966, wouldn't it make more sense to be someone like Minnesota? It seems like that program's trajectory makes a bit more sense for what story you were trying to tell, although I 100% understand wanting to be a successful football team during the legacy project.

To be fair, 1966 wasn’t their 5th and last title, it might not even be their title at all. Same for the other four. Claiming titles is definitely stepping on toes. I’m positive the 5 title claim isn’t canon. What if I say Hershey has the 1966 title? Now what?

11/09/2021 6:21 pm  #42

Yeah we can only claim titles within the Legacy Project. You can choose to include alumni and other things but it's not typically what we focus on. The focus is simple what happens during the twenty year period. 

11/09/2021 6:24 pm  #43

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

H-Town1141 wrote:

Topolino wrote:

For Immediate Release
Glenview, Illinois

(I'm just thinking about historical references) if Asnerbrook's 5th and last college title was in 1966, wouldn't it make more sense to be someone like Minnesota? It seems like that program's trajectory makes a bit more sense for what story you were trying to tell, although I 100% understand wanting to be a successful football team during the legacy project.

To be fair, 1966 wasn’t their 5th and last title, it might not even be their title at all. Same for the other four. Claiming titles is definitely stepping on toes. I’m positive the 5 title claim isn’t canon. What if I say Hershey has the 1966 title? Now what?

you're right. it would be completely ridiculous if two different colleges claimed a national title in the same year

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

11/09/2021 6:32 pm  #44

Gritty wrote:

Yeah we can only claim titles within the Legacy Project. You can choose to include alumni and other things but it's not typically what we focus on. The focus is simple what happens during the twenty year period. 

I guess I can make sh!t up when I make up stories.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

11/09/2021 6:37 pm  #45

H-Town1141 wrote:

Topolino wrote:

For Immediate Release
Glenview, Illinois

This was when Frank Howard was head coach, guys. You look his Name up.

11/09/2021 6:45 pm  #46

It definitely gets more muddy when you claim titles that wouldn't have even been your legacy school's in the first place. 1966, for example, was a national championship for Notre Dame, so would more likely be a National Championship (if we were to do it this way) for Western Penn.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

11/09/2021 6:51 pm  #47

Yeah exactly. That's why the only history we really care about will be the Legacy Project. Then it's really just the Fantasy leagues to follow. 

11/09/2021 7:00 pm  #48

Topolino wrote:

H-Town1141 wrote:

Although technically, Clemson is still available because you picked out of order. Once it is your turn, if Clemson’s still on the board, you can work out that. I know I personally am keeping the K-State history before our timeline because it does nothing to any of the championships before me.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

11/09/2021 7:06 pm  #49

TheSquirrel is on the clock, let's keep this moving in an orderly fashion. CubsorSox and NeoPrankster can make their choices at any time.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

11/09/2021 7:41 pm  #50

Topolino wrote:

H-Town1141 wrote:

Thankfully for everyone involved, college football has and always be a convoluted, strange and wacky sport that allows for multiple national title winners in any given year. As for Frank Howard and Clemson, the Tigers only and most recent championship before the Swinney era was in 1981, I assumed that due to the area and history you were going for, a loose Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, or Michigan State style scenario might make more sense. Iowa might not be bad either, actually, and just because you have one school's history for one part doesn't mean that you can't mix and match for others.

I  l I K E  t H I S

Board footera