Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/07/2021 7:10 pm  #261

Re: All-American Association Football League

Sevsdast wrote:

West and South do not do promotions to Penultimate to answer everyone’s questions.

Right, we see that they don't do promotions to Penultimate at the moment.   I think our questions to Goose were more WHY they don't and WHEN they will, (if they ever will).  Thanks though for trying to help

Last edited by Stickman (8/07/2021 7:13 pm)

8/08/2021 9:08 pm  #262

Stickman wrote:

Sevsdast wrote:

West and South do not do promotions to Penultimate to answer everyone’s questions.

Right, we see that they don't do promotions to Penultimate at the moment.   I think our questions to Goose were more WHY they don't and WHEN they will, (if they ever will).  Thanks though for trying to help

The AAAFL wants to ensure that the teams are well-established financially since travel costs will be significant once those teams have to move around the nation.

As for when, I'm thinking that it will be right after the Great War ends.  Both the Southern and Western will get to full table of 20.  Who knows, if I can come up with more ideas, there might be Sectional divisions for both of them by then.  Any suggestions about what Western or Southern cities should get teams?

8/08/2021 9:14 pm  #263

QCS wrote:

Man, you have put an absolutely insane amount of work into this. With this many teams, it can't be easy. I'm very impressed! 

Thanks.  That's why I built a big spreadsheet now that composes the HTML code that produces the tables and brackets with the corresponding graphics. 

8/08/2021 9:38 pm  #264

Goldengoose05 wrote:

Stickman wrote:

Sevsdast wrote:

The AAAFL wants to ensure that the teams are well-established financially since travel costs will be significant once those teams have to move around the nation.

As for when, I'm thinking that it will be right after the Great War ends.  Both the Southern and Western will get to full table of 20.  Who knows, if I can come up with more ideas, there might be Sectional divisions for both of them by then.  Any suggestions about what Western or Southern cities should get teams?

Oklahoma City, Fayetteville, Memphis, Savannah, and Miami are for my south picks

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

8/09/2021 10:25 am  #265

Goldengoose05 wrote:

QCS wrote:

Man, you have put an absolutely insane amount of work into this. With this many teams, it can't be easy. I'm very impressed! 

Thanks.  That's why I built a big spreadsheet now that composes the HTML code that produces the tables and brackets with the corresponding graphics. 

Holy crap, that's super cool! Making the graphics has always been the most time-consuming and boring part of running a series, so I may have to take a page out of your book and try this!

8/09/2021 1:03 pm  #266

Goldengoose05 wrote:

Stickman wrote:

Sevsdast wrote:

For the west I think a Boise and Las Vegas. As for the south probably Mobile.

8/10/2021 2:52 pm  #267

American Football Association Cup 1915 - Eastern Region

The new format of the American Football Association Cup provided many interesting matchup in the Eastern Region, which has provided the majority of Cup champions over the years.  Old Nassau barely escaped against United Mancunians and then triumphed over Trenton Cannons in a New Jersey derby.  (After the game, the two clubs agreed that they should have Derby trophy to fight over beginning next year.)  The New York Chieftains were a surprise quarterfinal opponent, but Old Nassau easily prevailed.  Next it was a tightly fought battle against the two-time Cup champion Baltimore Chimney Swifts.

On the other side of the bracket, it was Kearny Caledonians who won their initial Jersey derby over Paterson Blue Boys (a game which also augurs for another Jersey derby trophy).  Then it was a comeback victory over the 1911 champion Baltimore Bannerets.  This was followed by close triumphs over Philadelphia Sport Club and Buffalo Bruisers.

So the Eastern Region Final was set with two New Jersey clubs, Old Nassau 1869 and Kearny Caledonians.  Kearny won the drawing to host the game, so the final will be played at Park Field in Kearny, New Jersey.

9/06/2021 12:37 pm  #268

American Football Association Cup 1915 - Midwestern Region

On one side of the bracket, the Ultimate Division champion Cleveland Forest eked by Eintracht Chicago, spanked Louisville Racehorses, easily handled Ann Arbor AA and then spanked Dayton Gem City.  Fans in the Sixth City are talking about a cup double.

Milwaukee Brewmasters, 3-time AFA Cup champion (’03, ’06, ‘07), smashed Toledo Glassmakers, squeaked by United Kansas Cities, and then ended the surprising run by Muskegon Clearcutters.  This set up a Dairyland Derby with Waukesha Town 1866.  The Derby was anticlimactic as the Brewmasters cruised to a 4-0 victory.

11/08/2021 11:25 am  #269

Sorry for the long delay.  There have been some health issues among the dame and goslings of the Goldengoose family.

American Football Association Cup 1915 - Western Region

The big surprise in the opening round was that the Division champions Seattle Black Diamonds fell to the SF Seahunters.  Also surprising was that the 4th place Long Beach Pikers were downed by Pasadena Pacifics.  Perennial power Alameda Nightstalkers won their three matches to advance to the final.  On the other side of the bracket, Stockton Goalseeker, who had finished in the middle of the division, knocked off the runner-up Los Angeles Pumpjacks in the second round and then eked by the 3rd place Berkeley Vespas to reach the Region Final.

11/08/2021 11:26 am  #270

American Football Association Cup 1915 - Southern Region

Charles Town SC were the worst club during the season, so they had to face the Division champion Birmingham Baronets.  The fans in Charleston were exuberant when their boys knocked off the champions and just kept on winning by taking out Houston Texian FC and then San Antonio Trailbosses.  On the other side of the bracket, Charlotte Coronets, who had come up short in the league session, were in fine form for the Cup, rolling over Dallas Cotton Bolls, and then coming out on top in a 5-4 goal frenzy against New Orleans Battalion.  In the semi-finals, Charlotte took care of Memphis Egyptians.

Board footera