Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/27/2021 6:25 pm  #241

Re: AltLB Design Thread

Just clarifying here: when submitting, you want the cap logo submitted twice, once on a transparent background, and once on the primary color. Then you want an alternate logo on a transparent background - could this logo be what would be considered the "primary", like how the Yankees' official primary is the bat in a hat? Then for the wordmarks, do you want those on a transparent background as well, or should we place them on colors like the Padres example?

Very much looking forward to this round, just want to make sure I'm 100% clear on what you want before submitting. 

9/27/2021 6:59 pm  #242

Let's get this design party started!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THL, PUCH, WHA: Redux and Retroliga.

9/27/2021 7:11 pm  #243

Are we required to have the full city or team name as a script, or can we put an abbreviation/nickname? (For example, PHI instead of Philadelphia, or Birds instead of Blackbirds)

9/27/2021 8:54 pm  #244

I want to privately message someone for my ideas...being a lifelong baseball fan, I trust that our combined efforts will make something classic.

9/27/2021 9:50 pm  #245

To answer a few of your questions:

@QCS you are correct on all counts. We want everything to be a transparent background except for the one that is on a colored swatch. This is mainly so people can visualize what it will look like when the logo is on the primary color (cap or otherwise). The alternate logo would typically be the non-letter logo. Think the Yankees uncle sam cap and bat, the phillies liberty bell. 

@NoE you can do it however you'd like. 

@QCS #2 : you can include a BRIEF explanation. Let's keep it to one to two sentences so that everyone is on the same playing field. 

Last edited by Gritty (9/28/2021 8:25 am)

9/27/2021 10:12 pm  #246

Many MLB logos are evolutions of older logos. Is that what you’re looking for in this contest? We absolutely can’t have modern looks for teams?

Last edited by ThisIsFine (9/27/2021 10:12 pm)

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

9/28/2021 3:45 am  #247

can we submit logos without wordmarks? Often times, the wordmarks of baseball teams can be disconnected from the logo set in some manner, and cap logos have historically been far less subject to change than chest logos.

I  l I K E  t H I S

9/28/2021 8:32 am  #248

Some more answers:

@ThisIsFine - The idea is that each team was born in a certain era. If you look at MLB logos now, to a certain extent, they have all been modernized. With that said, look at the difference between the Yankees, Phillies, Red Sox, A's, etc. with the Marlins or (Devil) Rays. Even the Yankees modern logo looks like it came from a bygone era. That's all we mean. Additionally remember that the decade is just a guideline. 

@H-Town - if you look at the example that I provided the logos are not attached to the wordmarks. Wordmarks should be included in your submission so that uniform designers will have something to work with that fits with the team's overall identity. So remember that the identity can be modernized but we are trying to make it look like the identity originated back in the 1950s. 

Hope this helps. 

9/28/2021 9:25 am  #249

@Gritty - As with the AltHL expansion, should we also include a color palate with hex codes?

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/28/2021 12:57 pm  #250

Sorry, one more question: are we including logo explanations like with the AltHL expansion? I really think those helped and I'd love it if it was included again.

Board footera