Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/21/2021 9:33 pm  #231

9/21/2021 9:54 pm  #232

Re: AltLB Design Thread

Wow, four finalists for me? Most I've had yet! Overall a great group in my opinion, only two here I really dislike.

9/22/2021 8:29 am  #233

Well, I hope my only finalist wins.

9/22/2021 10:54 am  #234

Glad to see I had a couple of finalists!   Just a note, my submission for Oklahoma City is supposed to be the Oklahoma Bulls instead of the Oklahoma City Bulls.   Went full state to save on syllables.  

9/22/2021 1:08 pm  #235

Stickman wrote:

Glad to see I had a couple of finalists!   Just a note, my submission for Oklahoma City is supposed to be the Oklahoma Bulls instead of the Oklahoma City Bulls.   Went full state to save on syllables.  

Unless there was an Oklahoma City Bulls submission, and if it wins, we'll get a location designator vote like we had for the Phoenix/Arizona Thunderbirds.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/22/2021 2:02 pm  #236

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Stickman wrote:

Unless there was an Oklahoma City Bulls submission, and if it wins, we'll get a location designator vote like we had for the Phoenix/Arizona Thunderbirds.

Doh!   Yeah, didn't think about that....

9/22/2021 3:45 pm  #237

kind of surprised I had 2 this round. Find it funny how i went 0-20 the first few batches but 6-10 since then. Guess having more time to come up with names helped

Runs the highly unsuccessful PSC project featuring the Premier Soccer League and National Baseball Federation

9/23/2021 9:36 am  #238

Hey All! 

I am about to leave for the airport but I wanted to make sure that I got you the winning names of our final group. This Sunday I will make the initial logo round post. But for now just continue to imagine your identities for the first set of teams. 

Our final set of names.

The HAVANA CUBANS (CUBANOS) - With 39% of the vote. There is quite a list of people who nominated this one. Perhaps that explains its victory. Dan O'Mac, DireBear, Darknes, Section30, Magic, 3point, Jayhawk. The runner up was Azules with 25% of the vote.

The CAROLINA GRIFFINS - With 32% of the vote the Griffins beat all 3 pirate themed teams. The pirate vote was split as I expected. Griffins was almost the name of the AltFL Charlotte franchise. Nominated by Darknes. Runners up were the Raleigh Raiders and Carolina Corsairs.

The OKLAHOMA CITY BISON - 42% of the vote. Narrow victory over Barons. Nominated by BDoof, Sevs, ThisIsFine, and Section30.

The LAS VEGAS ATOMS - 43% of the vote. Darknes and Dan O'Mac. Runner up was Jokers.

The VANCOUVER LUMBERJACKS - 32% of the vote. Runner up was Kermodes. Nominated by Dan O'Mac and QCS.

Our AltLB:

Arizona Thunderbirds
Atlanta Firebirds
Boston Masons
Carolina Griffins
Chicago Pros
Cincinnati Centaurs
Dallas Sidewinders
Detroit Deacons
Havana Cubanos
Houston Bats
Kansas City Colts
Las Vegas Atoms
Los Angeles Condors
Memphis Kings
Mexico City Jaguars
Milwaukee Muskies
Minnesota Gemini
Montreal Saints
New York Blackbirds
Oakland Squirrels
Oklahoma City Bison
Philadelphia Keystones
Pittsburgh Pythons
Portland Stags
San Diego Pandas
San Francisco Gatekeepers
Seattle Samurai
Tampa Bay Turtles
Toronto Talons
Vancouver Lumberjacks

9/23/2021 10:56 am  #239

For what it’s worth, I also submitted Atoms for Vegas. Solid names, disappointed Corsairs and Barons didn’t win, not a fan of Cubans or Bison, but decent enough I suppose.

9/27/2021 6:14 pm  #240

Okay everybody it is time for the Logo Round! 

It is at this point when our teams begin to really take shape. Please read through the submission guidelines before submitting. This will help me a great deal as I pull all of these identities together. 

Use the image of the new Padres design as a guide for your submission. 

1. Our designers often like creating their own creative submission styles. Please use this format so that all of the submissions look the same. 
2. There should be a transparent background of each image.
3. Submit a cap logo on a blank background and then on the primary color swatch (this is often how the team logo will be displayed). Submit the alternate logo. Submit two word marks (one for the team name + one for the locator). This way uniform designers can grab these easily. 
4. GROUP A (1950s) will be due on Monday, October 4.  

New York Blackbirds
Philadelphia Keystones
Detroit Deacons
Chicago Pros
Boston Masons

5. Send your submissions to althockeyleague2020@gmail.com

Some additional thoughts: 
1. We want each design to be evaluated on its merit. It has become apparent throughout our naming round that people are gathering to lobby for certain names to 'cheat' the system. We then get stuck with results that aren't organically the desire of the whole group. 
2. Along those lines, let's try hard not to send out designs out to the masses before submitting them. Once again it's not exactly fair that people get feedback when others don't. Of course you can float your ideas to others behind the scenes but let's avoid spamming everyone for their thoughts. Not everyone has the same access to that kind of feedback. 
3. As always if you are someone who has ideas but doesn't think they can execute them work with others to get the job done. Personally I won't be able to collaborate as much as I have had an increased workload IRL and some other excited Alt Sports things in the works. 
4 Remember that we are trying to keep the decade in mind during the design process. 

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out. Have fun! 

Board footera