Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/13/2021 3:21 pm  #191

Re: The AltFL Season 2021

For immediate release:

After week one of the 2021/22 AltFL season, the Kansas City Scarecrows have decided to part ways with head coach Mike Leach. This decision comes following a woeful performance on offense against the Milwaukee Mallards that the franchise has called “embarrassing”. Earlier this morning, Red Hydrant spoke with local media regarding the situation saying, “He (Mike Leach) kept saying ‘AIR RAID’ and it was aggressive. I don’t know what bug killer has to do with football and why the fact that the bug killer is an airborne spray makes any difference, but we don’t have the patience to find out”.

While many are sad to see the most successful coach in Kansas City history (with a 7-6 record I think) step away, there is overall optimism around the club, who is welcoming Jimmer Fredette in to fill the vacant coaching spot.

9/13/2021 4:13 pm  #192

Jimmer Fredette: The Lonely Master. And now, multi-league Head Coach.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/13/2021 11:02 pm  #193

And with every NFL game wrapped up for the week, it's time for the first Coaches Poll! Please fill out the poll here.

Please try and fill out all 24 teams by Thursday. I'll count any poll that fills out at least 10. Have fun!

9/14/2021 10:36 am  #194

With week 1 in the books, 9 of our 14 entrants are still alive. San Diego's win over Utah claimed Dan O'Mac, Section30, and Stickman. The Chicago win over Kentucky eliminated n00bthtpwnz, his second straight year being eliminated in the first week. And the Emperor win over the Brawlers knocked out Edgeworth.

The nine that survived? They used the Cyclones win over the Stallions to send Darknes, DireBear, JamHeronArk, and Steelman to week 2. QCS, Sevsdast, and Scratch rode into week 2 thanks to the Nightriders, as they beat the Beavers. The Bandits win over Vulcans punches IDM's ticket to the next week. And KingsFan moves on to week 2 with the Grizzlies big win over the Sabercats.

For those of you still standing, here's your Week 2 Matchups:

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/14/2021 10:50 am  #195

Ah, the magic of Tuesday mornings, when the AltFL week recaps emerge like long-hibernating groundhogs. Here are the post-week-one power rankings. Because of the impossibility of determining well strength of schedule after one game, it has minimal impact, and scoring made most of the moves. This week's biggest mover is IDM's Steelheads, who jump into second. Also of note, five of the six teams in the South Division sit together from 9-13.

9/14/2021 11:30 am  #196

I’ll take 15, but it’s a crime to put KC’s logo on brown for this graphic!

9/14/2021 11:57 am  #197

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

No, it's not a crime to put KC's logo on brown. It is, however, a crime to take something that isn't yours.

On a related note: Edgeworth, you might want to sleep with one eye open, if you weren't already.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

9/14/2021 12:23 pm  #198

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

No, it's not a crime to put KC's logo on brown. It is, however, a crime to take something that isn't yours.

On a related note: Edgeworth, you might want to sleep with one eye open, if you weren't already.

9/14/2021 12:41 pm  #199

Dan O'Mac wrote:

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

This checks out. Can we get “This Week in Sportsball” for this? Anyone?

Last edited by ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth (9/14/2021 12:49 pm)

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

9/14/2021 1:03 pm  #200

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

It is a crime if anyone bothered to look at KC’s brand guidelines conveniently located on my Mac’s desktop. Also, I didn’t want 15 anyways. Give me 16 back. Neither make playoffs but one does get better draft leverage.

Board footera