Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/05/2021 3:28 am  #161

Re: The AltFL Season 2021

I auto drafted, but why did my two picks come in rounds two and three, instead of in round 1 (my pick and the Hammerheads pick)?

Edit: It appears that the Sabrecats and Steelheads 1st round picks were skipped as well

Last edited by sportsfan7 (9/05/2021 3:30 am)

9/05/2021 4:38 am  #162

sportsfan7 wrote:

I auto drafted, but why did my two picks come in rounds two and three, instead of in round 1 (my pick and the Hammerheads pick)?

Edit: It appears that the Sabrecats and Steelheads 1st round picks were skipped as well

It was part of an elaborate plan by Jerome Bettis to sabotage the West. jk. There actually were some issues during the draft that Gritty will discuss further. Several teams were affected and I know he plans to rectify it somehow.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

9/05/2021 9:12 am  #163

Steelman wrote:

sportsfan7 wrote:

It was part of an elaborate plan by Jerome Bettis to sabotage the West. jk. There actually were some issues during the draft that Gritty will discuss further. Several teams were affected and I know he plans to rectify it somehow.

Of course!   We should have known Bettis would get revenge after suffering PTSD from the kidnapping incident and would have a few screws loose!  

But yeah, weird as the glitches were to happen, at least I managed to get a couple of auto picks at the end.  Somehow got Cole Beasley (surprised he was available, considering he was valuable enough for someone to trade Trevor Lawrence 1 on 1 for at one point, lol) who manages to be good enough for me to keep as my new 4th WR.  I'm lucky I didn't have to make too many roster adjustments, so I'm good altogether!

9/05/2021 10:40 am  #164

I suppose on way to rectify it would be the same way the MLB draft treats teams who don't sign high draft picks; they are simply given that same pick in the next years draft

9/05/2021 6:54 pm  #165

A new season approaches, so I return with the much-flawed power rankings. Before this season, I will be asking any owners who would care to to fill out this power rankings form. Partial responses will be accepted but are discouraged. The well-maligned JHALO system will be making a return for week-to-week operation of the rankings.

9/08/2021 9:27 am  #166

With the season kicking off tomorrow night with YOUR New York Emperors hosting the defending AltBowl Champions, the Philadelphia Brawlers, it's time to show off the jerseys we'll be opening the season in. And of course, we simply must show them off with our returning superstar Running Back, Christian McCaffrey!

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/08/2021 11:06 am  #167

With Gritty (you all know him, he's the guy running now 4 leagues with a combined 102 teams) in full swing with the AltFL season 2, AltLB Design Process, getting ready for the inaugural AltBA season, AND getting ready for AltHL season 2, I've offered to run this years AltFL Knockout for everyone and Gritty said yes.

Normally, I will post these on Tuesday as well as a recap of who moved on and who was eliminated, so we're running a day short. Due date to have your pick in is 7pm Central time on Thursday. Exception on Thanksgiving which if we make it that far, we'll announce the time then. PM me your pick on the AHS board. I will not accept through Discord so I can find everything in one place.

RULES:
- This will be open to everyone, whether you are in the AltFL or not
- You can pick each team 1 time all season. So if, for example, you pick the Emperors for week 1, you cannot pick them again.
- Get one wrong, you're out. Get it right, pick again the next week!
- I will share a spreadsheet you can track. I will upload everyone's pick for the week during the Thursday night game so you can follow throughout the weekend.
- Again, you must message me through the AHS Boards for your pick to count.

All that done, here's your week one matchups!

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (9/08/2021 12:14 pm)

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/08/2021 11:44 am  #168

Hey, thanks, Dan! And thanks to those who have filled out the preseason rankings form thus far. Just a reminder that any owner who is so inclined can fill out this form and influence the preseason power rankings. The starting power rankings will be 40% based on last year's end-of-year power rankings and 60% based on this year's preseason poll. All power ranking submissions must be in by Midnight CDT tonight, so that rankings can come out before kickoff tomorrow. Thanks!

9/08/2021 12:14 pm  #169

Instead of releasing their entire schedule at once, the Chicago Cyclones will switch to unveiling their uniforms on a week-by-week basis. For the first game of the season, QB Matt Stafford will lead the Cyclones into Kentucky wearing their classic away combo of White/White/Red.

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

9/08/2021 4:05 pm  #170

With the season fast approaching, what does the timeline look like for the release of the GlitchGate report?

Board footera