Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/19/2021 8:08 pm  #141

Re: AltLB Design Thread

Not many names stood out to me but nonetheless there are some unique ones

8/19/2021 9:40 pm  #142

Just a heads up about Reign for Seattle, the NWSL has a team based in Tacoma called OL Reign. They used to be named Seattle Reign, however. 

8/19/2021 9:47 pm  #143

ANDY! wrote:

Just a heads up about Reign for Seattle, the NWSL has a team based in Tacoma called OL Reign. They used to be named Seattle Reign, however. 

And before that, there was an ABL (precursor to the WNBA) team of that very same name.

8/19/2021 9:53 pm  #144

Also, are we counting Stars for Minnesota? Just not sure because of North Stars.

8/20/2021 4:31 pm  #145

Though not explicitly stated for the AltLB, I believe that if past rules for the other Alt Leagues applied in the same way, only current MLB names, historical MLB and MiLB names from the same city, and local college identities are off the table. I won't weigh in on specifics, but, for example, there was a Major League Lacrosse team named the San Francisco Dragons. Read that as you will.

Last edited by JamHeronArk (8/20/2021 6:44 pm)

8/20/2021 4:50 pm  #146

JamHeronArk wrote:

Though not explicitls stated for the AltLB, I believe that if past rules for the other Alt Leagues applied in the same way, only current MLB names, historical MLB and MiLB names from the same city, and local college identities are off the table. I won't weigh in on specifics, but, for example, there was a Major League Lacrosse team named the San Francisco Dragons. Read that as you will.

This is correct.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/20/2021 4:52 pm  #147

And we can't use NFL, NHL, or NBA pro team names in the same city for baseball as well.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/21/2021 6:14 pm  #148

The Group C Finals!

8/21/2021 6:50 pm  #149

Another really good round of finalists! (got another 2 in, so of course I'm biased, lol!  

Atlanta and Minnesota in particular have some awesome options where, I don't think anyone really can complain with the winner!

8/22/2021 7:31 am  #150

ohhhh the pain, I swear im going to finish with 0 points

Runs the highly unsuccessful PSC project featuring the Premier Soccer League and National Baseball Federation

Board footera