Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/06/2021 3:51 pm  #41

Re: AltLB Design Thread

It is time for our final ten cities. Some surprises for sure. A big welcome to Memphis, Tampa Bay, Mexico City, Havana, Raleigh, Oklahoma City and Las Vegas. Not to mention new baseball markets of Vancouver and Portland. My condolences to Riverside, California who almost made it in but fell just short. 

With our cities complete, we will move on to the naming phase of our project. We are going to change things up just a little bit. I feel like in the past some of our name submissions and their explanations are not seen by everyone. Therefore people miss the though that went behind the name. So instead of losing them in the pages of the thread I am asking everyone to fill their names and explanations into this form. I will then share all of the CHICAGO names and explanations at the same time. Then all of the NEW YORK ones. And so one and so forth. 

With that said, sometimes the best names are the simplest. Not every name needs to have layers of meaning or ties to a community. If it works out that way then great, but sometimes we don't have to force it. Submit your names in this form and I'll post the names. Remember that Group 1 is from before the 1950s. So the names should be reflect that. Have fun everyone! 

In the form...you can include both your name an explanation in the same box. 

https://forms.gle/UNtHiULC7BemLQqs7

Last edited by Gritty (8/06/2021 4:07 pm)

8/06/2021 3:57 pm  #42

Some great cities to round this out. Las Vegas and Oklahoma City have me feeling especially excited.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/06/2021 4:08 pm  #43

Excited to see the new markets (with this league being in four countries!)

(EDITED: Just saw Gritty's edit...that works)

Last edited by Burmy87 (8/06/2021 4:14 pm)

8/06/2021 4:16 pm  #44

Wow, a four country league eh? Some new cities to go round to, welcome to the AltSports bunch!

8/06/2021 4:33 pm  #45

Houston Team f--k Yea Lets Gooooooooooooooo

I  l I K E  t H I S

8/06/2021 4:41 pm  #46

H-Town1141 wrote:

My next novel: Sev Takes Houston With A Higher Pick Despite H-Town Maxing Out Draft Points

A tragic story that is sure to earn an "Oprah's Book Club" sticker. Followed by the integration of the book into the USA's high school core curriculum for AP English.

8/06/2021 6:35 pm  #47

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

H-Town1141 wrote:

My next novel: Sev Takes Houston With A Higher Pick Despite H-Town Maxing Out Draft Points

A tragic story that is sure to earn an "Oprah's Book Club" sticker. Followed by the integration of the book into the USA's high school core curriculum for AP English.

The exciting new sequel to Steel in New York.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/06/2021 6:37 pm  #48

Disappointed to not see Charlotte, but I do really like the variety we have! Glad to see Memphis finally join, I think they'll look good. Not super psyched about Canada having three teams (that plus the two Latin American teams kinda leaves the US out to dry) but overall a solid selection of 29 real cities and Raleigh.

8/06/2021 7:37 pm  #49

QCS wrote:

Disappointed to not see Charlotte, but I do really like the variety we have! Glad to see Memphis finally join, I think they'll look good. Not super psyched about Canada having three teams (that plus the two Latin American teams kinda leaves the US out to dry) but overall a solid selection of 29 real cities and Raleigh.

LMAO, now I kinda wish that Charlotte had gotten a team, just to hear you crap on Raleigh all the time!  That'd be a fun rivalry!  

Overall, very interesting group of cities we got here, a sneak peak into the future of North American sports with 4 countries represented.  I could nitpick a choice or two in regrets of other cities not getting in, but overall, I really like what we got here!

8/06/2021 7:56 pm  #50

Vancouver, Mexico City and Havana? This is gonna be an amazing league, I can feel it!

Board footera