Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/03/2021 8:28 pm  #21

Re: AltLB Design Thread

A tough vote it was...any city on the list would be a good fit.

(Though I voted for a couple not on the list...one's outside the US, the other's in a US territory/commonwealth)

8/04/2021 4:43 pm  #22

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Out of curiousity, with 15 teams in each league, is this not a Head-to-Head league?

Great question. It is a head to head league. We will have rotating byes for our teams. Normally we'd have 16 teams in one league and 14 teams in another but we want the leagues to be fair when it comes to the World Series. The 14 team league will be at an unfair advantage. 

8/04/2021 9:08 pm  #23

AltLB Fans!

It is time to take our first step towards building our fourth Alt Sports league. This league is our largest yet with 30 teams! The voting on the cities yielded some wild and surprising results. The results were very close...but the thirty that we selected won definitively over those that we didn't. 

In our collective wisdom we tapped into some of America's most traditional and passionate baseball towns. We also branched off into brand new baseball markets. We added an exciting blend of international cities. Finally we are able to welcoming 9 new cities to the Alt Sports Universe. 

I am really excited about our blend of cities. I am sure that some of us that will be disappointed. I ask that you keep that to yourself (no hissy fits) so that we can enjoy this process together. Remember that everyone's current ownership is TBD until the official Owner Draft. 

Steelman came up with a great idea to help guide our design of the league. We are going to break the 30 cities up into eras. These decades can help guide our design of the names, logos and uniforms for each team. Baseball has been blessed with some unique trends over the course of time. We can use those fun trends to guide (but not define) our development of the team identities. I broke the cities down based off of the general expansion trends of the four major sports IRL. 

We will reveal two decades (10 cities) each day for the rest of the week. Once I make the post on Friday we will begin accepting submissions for the cities from the first group. So don't do it yet! But use this slow reveal to start brainstorming the team names. 

Here we go! Our first ten cities!  This group may be a little 'chalk' but I promise the next two days will not be...

8/04/2021 9:22 pm  #24

Like what I see so far! Some interesting name options definitely coming to mind off the bat (no pun intended) It's also nice to see Pittsburgh get an actual Baseball team, even if its not real lol. 

Last edited by Rugrat (8/04/2021 9:28 pm)

8/04/2021 9:48 pm  #25

Wait, teams in Ohio exist? Well, I guess if they're going to get into any league, it might as well be the laundry league

Runs the highly unsuccessful PSC project featuring the Premier Soccer League and National Baseball Federation

8/04/2021 10:02 pm  #26

I love the era idea and I'm similarly glad that Pittsburgh still made it in. I'll be curious to see which MLB cities don't make it into the AltLB (hopefully Tampa...)

8/04/2021 10:53 pm  #27

The usual suspects, of course, but not that that's a bad thing. Good name ideas are already in mind.

8/05/2021 1:08 am  #28

Glad to see my idea implemented, I think it'll make for a more unique experience especially for baseball. Excited to see the non-chalky cities!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/05/2021 9:10 am  #29

CubsOrSoxs wrote:

I’m glad too see Kansas City and San Francisco make it in the 60s, I am suprised Pittsburg is in there though.

I’m actually surprised at KC’s inclusion, but I welcome it wholeheartedly.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

8/05/2021 9:47 am  #30

Is there a comprehensive list of existing Alt League team names somewhere?

Board footera