Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/20/2021 7:40 pm  #1051

Re: History of the National Football Association - 1974-75 Season

Has the NFA moved the goal posts to the back of the end zone yet?

7/21/2021 4:22 pm  #1052

Come on Ox, lets finally do something in the playoffs

7/22/2021 7:02 pm  #1053

I don't remember if I asked this before, but who has the TV rights to the NFA?

7/23/2021 3:24 pm  #1054

Wallflower wrote:

Wow did not see the Hurricanes being anywhere near the top, which I suppose puts me in with the rest of the doubters, but good on em.
As for Minne, I swear if you guys somehow choke away yet another playoff game...
Either way, it is nice seeing the Blue Ox back in a very competitive spot, as well as the Bulldogs, who look to be here to stay. 
If Minne wins a game, then I like them going the rest of the way, but I also like Cinci and Atlanta to also be in my top teams to take home the title this season, there's a pretty good chance we have a unique final, so I'm looking forward to that. 

Also, glad to see Seattle was actually able to compete this season, hope that ship keeps going in the right direction.

You're right, this is one of the most unique fields we've ever had for a postseason. I did some looking through records and this group of teams has the least amount of accumulative championships out of any group of playoff teams since 1958, when the league had just 10 teams, and only 4 teams were in the playoffs. As far as who's favored, Atlanta is clearly on top, but Minnesota, for better or worse, has a lot of doubters, which has them a bit further down the ladder. However, Boston of all teams looks really good to make a run. New Orleans has a bit of a scary defense that may be hard for their young offense, but it is still an expansion team after all, and then if they win that they have either Texas, who are a bit of a surprise, and the Ox, who aren't really scary come the end of the season. It could really be another year we see a low seed make a run.

Stickman wrote:

Dang, definitely a crazy season!   The Cougars and the Ironmen missing the playoffs is quite the shocker, (especially the 2x champions!).   

The obvious big story of the Hurricanes somehow making the playoffs in their first season as an expansion team is something else and proves going veteran heavy was a good idea! (worth noting I DID predict that they could surprise everyone by making the playoffs sooner than we thought.... I wasn't expecting it to be this 1st season though! haha).  I'd normally have my doubts that they'd go very far in the playoffs, but who knows.   With the Gaels defense being terrible, the Roughriders still being somewhat inexperienced in postseason play themselves, and the Blue Ox being......well, the Blue Ox, there is actually a nice opportunity for them to continue shocking everyone!

The major story is the Atlanta Bulldogs taking that next steps a championship, looking extremely good right now.  After years of embarrassment,  they really seem to have a team to be proud of and they look like they totally deserve that #1 seed.  That first round matchup with Detroit could be a trap game though.... that one will be worth watching closely!

I'm predicting the Bulldogs get through that trap game and also survive a tough challenge from the Tigers to make it to their first championship game.  I'm going to predict that they'll face the Blue Ox.  Yeah, they've been cursed for years, but I think this is the year they finally break through, giving us quite the interesting finale.

Final Score: Atlanta Bulldogs 38, Minneapolis Blue Ox 24

Not a bad prediction! You seem to have an awful lot of faith in the Ox this year, as do a lot of y'all, haha. I see why though, the Ox defense is sitting atop the league as has been for a couple years now, if they lose it won't be because of them for sure. Hopefully the franchise isn't as cursed as their playoff record would have you believe.

Steelman wrote:

Pittsburgh just can't have nice things. Sad days.

Pittsburgh seems to be at a fork in the road. This season was very challenging to watch, with the core of their team not getting any younger, and their championship window is soon to be closing. Hopefully they can bounce back next season, they still have enough talent to bring it back home for the first time in 2 decades.

NeoPrankster wrote:

Has the NFA moved the goal posts to the back of the end zone yet?

I'm gonna answer both your questions here. First, thanks to the league struggling stay afloat in the 30's, they never switched away from the college rules like the NFL did. So they never moved the goal posts back to the front of the endzones. They've been behind the endzones since around the start of the AFA in 1919. 
The television deal just changed this past summer, I wrote more in detail about it in the 1972 offseason post where the NFA introduced the deal. They agreed on the deal to have ABC and NBC also cover NFA games, alongside CBS who've covered them for a while now.

Going to have the first round up soon!

7/26/2021 3:34 pm  #1055

(wrong thread, please retract post)

Last edited by Rugrat (7/26/2021 11:42 pm)

7/26/2021 11:31 pm  #1056

Is this thread dead or something? 

7/26/2021 11:44 pm  #1057

MitchSwanson94 wrote:

Is this thread dead or something? 

DP last posted 4 days ago. Why on earth would this thread be dead? Be patient. Content creators have lives outside of this board.

8/31/2021 6:31 pm  #1058

now is it dead?

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

8/31/2021 7:13 pm  #1059

Sevsdast wrote:

now is it dead?

What impression did Dr. Pepper give that this was dead?

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/31/2021 7:53 pm  #1060

Sevsdast wrote:

now is it dead?

We have asked you on multiple occasions to please be patient and refrain from rushing creators

Board footera