Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/13/2021 7:44 pm  #61

Re: AltHL Design 2021

Stickman wrote:

I'm assuming that this is a yes, but to ask the question anyway for those curious, can you join the jersey redesign lottery while specifying only one or two jersey changes?  (Say for example if you like your home and away jerseys and want to keep them the same but would like to see a redesign for the alternate jersey only.  Or in Seattle's case, get an alternate jersey)

Yes, you can specify home/away OR alternate OR the whole set.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

6/13/2021 8:57 pm  #62

Cool to see a couple of my uniforms took the W this time around! Those were probably my two favorites out of all the six I submitted, so I'm glad they won. Can't wait for the draft tomorrow!

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

6/14/2021 4:41 am  #63

Steelman wrote:

Stickman wrote:

I'm assuming that this is a yes, but to ask the question anyway for those curious, can you join the jersey redesign lottery while specifying only one or two jersey changes?  (Say for example if you like your home and away jerseys and want to keep them the same but would like to see a redesign for the alternate jersey only.  Or in Seattle's case, get an alternate jersey)

I misread it as Stickman answering himself...🙄

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

6/14/2021 4:48 am  #64

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Steelman wrote:

Stickman wrote:

I misread it as Stickman answering himself...🙄

LMAO, well I suppose it could have been one Stickman personality answering another one!

6/14/2021 2:19 pm  #65

We finally have arrived at the AltHL Expansion Draft. The following draft order was determined by a random lottery. I made a video in the off chance someone needs to see it. Remember this is how it will work. Magic is officially on the clock. Once they make their selection OG will make their selection. Technically the draft is untimed but if there is a long wait time I will reach out to nudge you along. If we don't hear back we will send you to the back of the line. 

As for the original owners. If you would like your team to enter to lottery for a redesign please PM me. At that time you can specify to me what you are looking for in a redesign for your team. Your deadline to enter is tomorrow morning.

Enjoy the draft!  

6/14/2021 2:30 pm  #66

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Wichita, Kansas, United States

Backstage at a theatre, a young red haired woman dressed in a Veronica Sawyer costume and leaning on a croquet mallet stands around during intermission. She is trying to not fail miserably onstage. Her social media manager, Ela Thomas, taps her on the shoulder.

“Uhhh hey Magic, I hate to freak you out, but you’re up.”

“For what? For Act 2?”

“Uh no. The AltHL owner expansion draft.”

“THAT’S TODAY?”

“Yeah. You’re on the clock.”

“Already? Why did you have to tell me now of all times? I’m already freaking out!”

“I’m sorry! But they want your decision!”

“But I have nothing planned!”

“What am I supposed to do about that?”

Magic grips her croquet mallet for dear life to stop her from breaking something.

“Oh nee, wat moet ik doen? Bagel Bros Inc zou me e-mailen als ik op de klok zit!”

“Magic. I’m not fluent in Dutch yet…”

“Oh. right. I said what do I do? The company was supposed to email me when I’m on the clock.”

“They did. They also called you and me because you didn’t pick up.”

All of a sudden, an announcement on the theatre intercom announced places for the top of act 2. Magic slowly begins to freak out and sprint around the very tiny dressing room in a panic.

“Magic! Pick someone!”

“I DON’T KNOW WHO!”

“Just choose! Which one do you want?”

“Uhhhh…. uhhhhh… ALASKA.”

“Alaska? Are you sure?”

“Yes I am sure… I think… yeah I’m sure.”

“You don’t sound like it. Are you absolutely sure?”

“YES! NOW GET OUT OF HERE BEFORE I BEAT YOU WITH MY CROQUET MALLET!”

Magic runs off to take her place for the rest of the show, leaving Ela to make the official announcement.

“Well you heard her, folks. Magic, co-owner of Bagel Bros Incorporated, has purchased the Alaska Auroras as the first pick of the expansion draft.”

Owner of the AltHL's Alaska Auroras, AltLB's Kansas City Colts, AltFL's Kentucky Stallions,  AltCAA's University of Kansas City Cosmos (2001 Legacy Champions)

6/14/2021 3:14 pm  #67

OG has selected the Ottawa Guardians with the second pick in the draft.

6/14/2021 3:23 pm  #68

With the AltHL Expansion Draft having been announced, Dan O'Mac didn't even need to pack, just got in the car and drove to Milwaukee. He didn't know when he was picking, but he wanted to be in the city. He wanted THIS TEAM. The one he designed the logo for. The one in his home state. So what if it wasn't black and gold like the Emperors and Hammers. Jerseys? Exactly what he had mind, Section 30 really came through on that. He's driving down, listening to sports talk, not flying. No need to fly, it's MILWAUKEE. He hears that Magic has taken Alaska. Good for her, he knew she was hoping to get that team. As soon as he heard that he was picking third, and most importantly, who he was picking after, Dan was confident that Milwaukee would be his. Now, he just waits for Osgiliath to make his pick... as long as he does what is expected, everything will work out perfectly for Dan O'Mac. He makes a call, setting up a press conference.

--------------------------------------------

Dan is directing the setup of the press conference in Milwaukee when an aide comes up and let him know that Commissioner Gritty has announced that Osgiliath has taken Ottawa. Perfect, exactly what Dan expected. He gives them notice he's going live in just 15 minutes...

-----------------------------------------

Dan strides up to the microphone, a giddy smile on his face. Standing in front of the condominiums from the converted Valentin Blatz Brewing Company that inspired the logo, Dan already has a brown jersey with Milwaukee written diagonally across the front, the logo showing on the ivory yoke.

Dan: It's absolutely amazing to be here. Milwaukee! Wisconsin! This is MY home, and I'm so happy to be able to announce that I am bringing an AltHL Expansion franchise to Milwaukee. I will do everything in my power to provide a winning franchise for this city. We saw the success in the AltFL of the Milwaukee Mallards, I intend for the 48ers to also enjoy success!

With that, Dan closes the press conference.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/14/2021 4:00 pm  #69

DVD Bubba has selected the Saskatoon Shockers

6/14/2021 4:03 pm  #70

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 14, 2021

Coquitlam, BC, Canada - Before a gathering of his high school classmates, Bubba Sports and Entertainment chairman Combat Baby gave an unsurprising announcement:

"I am excited to announce that we have acquired our second AltSports property...

The Saskatoon Shockers.

I hope we can add to our AltSports empire in the coming months with the forthcoming launch of AltLB."

After none of his classmates bothered to ask him any questions about his burgeoning fantasy sports empire, Mr. Baby then took his seat at his desk for his next class.

Last edited by dvdbubba27 (6/14/2021 4:03 pm)

Inmate of the AHSylum
Athletic Director, Semiahmoo University

Board footera