Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/07/2021 5:02 pm  #2481

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

Updated Champions Banners

6/07/2021 5:22 pm  #2482

Retired Numbers

The Eveleth Redbirds decided to honor two team legends in honor of the team's 75th anniversary coming this season. Marco Palazzari is best known as being the first player to get signed to the NHL straight from the MAHL. Marco was a superstar for the Reds, helping them dominate the Iron Range Hockey League, winning 5 league crowns in his 7 years with the team (1947-1953). Palazzari finished his MAHL career with 2 Kellogg Cups (1948 & 1951) as well as winning the Tschida Trophy for League MVP in 1952. Marco was signed by the Detroit Red Wings where he would go on to win back to back cups in his first two seasons in the league. The other number to be retired is Robert Mariucci's number 12. Mariucci was a stand out and leader for the Reds in his time with the team. Robert was captain of the Reds/Redbirds for over a decade before he finally called it quits. Mariucci remains the longest tenured player in Eveleth history, playing from 1945 to 1963.

6/07/2021 5:24 pm  #2483

New Arenas

6/07/2021 5:26 pm  #2484

Mascots

6/07/2021 5:28 pm  #2485

Rivalry Trophies

I'm gonna leave it here for today, let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

6/08/2021 12:48 pm  #2486

LOVE how you paid tribute to the "Snoopys in St. Paul" of 2000 here...I see players, coaches and fans of EVERY team who enters Highland Arena going forward getting their own picture with Snoopy there (and you will know a lot about the person by their pose)!

The other mascots and trophies are awesome too (BTW, the Silver Horseshoe graphic mistakenly has the Lake Pepin trophy's description)...can't wait to see the new identities today.

6/08/2021 3:11 pm  #2487

Congrats to the Louies! What a fantastic tournament. Looking forward to the new identities.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

6/08/2021 9:43 pm  #2488

Are the Spikes sure about this new "rivalry"? They are aware of their opponent's, let alone their own, recent history, right?

6/08/2021 10:43 pm  #2489

Burmy87 wrote:

LOVE how you paid tribute to the "Snoopys in St. Paul" of 2000 here...I see players, coaches and fans of EVERY team who enters Highland Arena going forward getting their own picture with Snoopy there (and you will know a lot about the person by their pose)!

The other mascots and trophies are awesome too (BTW, the Silver Horseshoe graphic mistakenly has the Lake Pepin trophy's description)...can't wait to see the new identities today.

I'm glad you liked Snoopy, this was something I have been planning for a while and I'm glad it's well received.

Thanks for pointing that out, I fixed it

Steelman wrote:

Congrats to the Louies! What a fantastic tournament. Looking forward to the new identities.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Are the Spikes sure about this new "rivalry"? They are aware of their opponent's, let alone their own, recent history, right?

Despite their lopsided records, games between the Huskies and Spikes bring in full houses every time and they have a tendency to get very physical. So even though Hermantown has been emerging as a playoff contender, Proctor always makes it tough for them to get a win, especially on the road.

6/08/2021 10:48 pm  #2490

Identity Changes

The defending champs and Warroad both simply added championship stars to the back of their uniforms, leaving the rest untouched.

Board footera