Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/18/2021 11:00 pm  #991

Re: History of the National Football Association - 1974-75 Season

I’m a day late but the polls are officially closed. I’m going to make a more grandiose post after this next season revealing the winners, but for now, the winners are San Diego, New Orleans, Kansas City, and Portland. To make sure there’s no confusion, I’m not sure how much some people actually read the off season posts, but these 4 teams will be split into two expansion groups, one starting play the season after next, and the other starting play the season after that. So don’t be confused when only 2 teams are added at first.

Now, I’ve been stumped on names for 3 of the bids, I’ve got plenty of ideas I’m just not sure which is best. So why not ask y’all?

I’ve boiled it down to 3 options for each team, San Diego I’ve already got something cooked up.
Let me know which of these you think is the best, and if you think you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

New Orleans: Jesters, Steamers, Hurricanes
Kansas City: Coyotes, Wranglers, Shockers
Portland: Stags, Pioneers, Beavers

No Revelers for New Orleans, I don’t think the NFA wants any more affiliation to the SFL then it already does. And Shockers was more inspired by Wichita State more then anything else, but seeing the other projects on this site making some great identities out of the name makes me excited to try it. Beavers is probably the name closest to the chopping block of any because the Portland Beavers already exist so.

Just let me know what you think. I’m fixin on having the season up soon.

5/19/2021 4:10 am  #992

New Orleans Jesters
Kansas City Shockers
Portland Stags

5/19/2021 4:50 am  #993

New Orleans Hurricanes, (Avoids the usual Marti Gras theme that New Orleans teams get on this site)
Kansas City Coyotes (It's pretty unique but I think fitting for a pro football team)
Portland Pioneers (Although Stags is nice too)

5/19/2021 6:58 am  #994

Jesters
Coyotes
Stags

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

5/19/2021 8:48 am  #995

New Orleans Steamers (Steamers are a common sight along the Mississippi River which runs through the city)

Kansas City Coyotes (Cue howling noises)

Portland Stags (The old town sign in PDX shows a stag and is a city landmark)

5/19/2021 1:01 pm  #996

New Orleans Hurricanes

Kansas City Coyotes

Portland Stags

5/19/2021 4:25 pm  #997

Jesters
Coyotes
Pioneers

5/19/2021 5:24 pm  #998

For New Orleans, I really like the idea of the team moving away from the mardi gras theme, especially when talking about the former team. I also think it would be more unique to go in a different direction. I think Hurricanes is the best, but Steamers could have some potential as well.

For KC, While I like Coyotes, as I suggested before, there is something unique about the Shockers and I think if you have some cool ideas, I would say go for it. I think it's fresh for a professional team.

Portland, I would say Stags is probably the strongest name, Pioneers could work, but feels too typical for Portland. I also think the animal mascot could help them differ more from Seattle's Lumberjacks.

5/19/2021 6:43 pm  #999

Steamers
Wranglers
Pioneers

5/19/2021 7:11 pm  #1000

New Orleans Steamers
Kansas City Coyotes
Portland Stags

Board footera