Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/12/2021 9:20 pm  #11

Re: Calling all hockey players!

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Great. What a defensive pair! I've never played organized hockey, but on the ODR nearby I actually can contribute decently when the local junior A guys let us normal him and have the puck. My passing isn't great but my vision is good. Shot was clocked at 55mph once at a Sens thing with a sh-t stick that wasn't my own so who knows.

We were thinking of you as a power forward instead of defense. Put sportsfan7 on the back end.

Stats are 5'7 180lbs with average skating and no back skating at all and terrible stamina. My heart and will should make up for it though. Pick your poison.

I appear to be a eight inch taller carbon copy of you
Edit: Math is Hard

Last edited by sportsfan7 (5/12/2021 9:21 pm)

5/12/2021 9:21 pm  #12

No offense to anyone on this team, but I fully expect to have to stop within the range of 40-50 shots a game. Do I care? No. I actually love it. I’m a goalie, I’m weird.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

5/12/2021 9:21 pm  #13

sportsfan7 wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

We were thinking of you as a power forward instead of defense. Put sportsfan7 on the back end.

Stats are 5'7 180lbs with average skating and no back skating at all and terrible stamina. My heart and will should make up for it though. Pick your poison.

I appear to be a six inch taller carbon copy of you

lol you can have the blue line then with your size! Don't let our tendies down.

Someone mock us up some unis!

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

5/12/2021 9:27 pm  #14

No offense to anyone on this team, but I fully expect to have to stop within the range of 40-50 shots a game. Do I care? No. I actually love it. I’m a goalie, I’m weird.

if I may, who's your inspiration in net? I guess Clint Benedict or uh...Jacques Plante? 😉

And also, why did you see me as a power forward? Whatever gave you that thought aside from my dream team being a punisher?

5/12/2021 9:29 pm  #15

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

if I may, who's your inspiration in net? I guess Clint Benedict or uh...Jacques Plante? 😉

And also, why did you see me as a power forward? Whatever gave you that thought aside from my dream team being a punisher?

Nope, Hasek. Do whatever it takes to stop a puck, even if you need to look like you’re a deer getting tased. Also, I just went off your own scouting report.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)

5/12/2021 9:34 pm  #16

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Nope, Hasek. Do whatever it takes to stop a puck, even if you need to look like you’re a deer getting tased. Also, I just went off your own scouting report.

a deer getting tased, lmao! Great description of Hasek lol. Check out my "hero team" thread. That'll give you a good idea of how I play. What's the discord link? Think ill check it out.

5/12/2021 9:58 pm  #17

I did some hockey on weekends before the pandemic. I usually made a good winger, if not an aggressive one.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

5/12/2021 10:19 pm  #18

I am very in if something actually comes of this

5/13/2021 12:34 am  #19

I’d have to find some gear but I would so be in as long as I get to play defense. I love playing defense. I honestly wish I would have stuck with playing out in my youth hockey days but it’s whatever. If I need to play goalie I could use my freaky flexibility.

Last edited by Magical_Kittenz (5/13/2021 12:35 am)

Owner of the AltHL's Alaska Auroras, AltLB's Kansas City Colts, AltFL's Kentucky Stallions,  AltCAA's University of Kansas City Cosmos (2001 Legacy Champions)

5/13/2021 12:38 am  #20

Magical_Kittenz wrote:

I’d have to find some gear but I would so be in as long as I get to play defense. I love playing defense. I honestly wish I would have stuck with playing out in my youth hockey days but it’s whatever. If I need to play goalie I could use my freaky flexibility.

I know this firsthand...

Also, we’d have to go through me and Section before we’d be panicked to get you in net.

Board footera