Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/01/2019 11:27 am  #451

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

OMGarrison Keillor STILLWATER MADE THE PLAYOFFS! 

Go Vols...you making it gives hope to perennial cellar-dwellers like Soudan, La Crosse and Winona that brighter days are ahead.

11/01/2019 11:57 am  #452

Burmy87 wrote:

OMGarrison Keillor STILLWATER MADE THE PLAYOFFS! 

Go Vols...you making it gives hope to perennial cellar-dwellers like Soudan, La Crosse and Winona that brighter days are ahead.

This is a historic season for Stillwater who finally gets to see the post season after 37 combined seasons between the Athletic Club and now the Volunteers. It'll be interesting to see if they will become regulars or if they fall back in the next few years.

Last edited by Section30 (11/01/2019 1:25 pm)

11/01/2019 7:04 pm  #453

Suck it Hibbing! Hope y'all lose by 10 goals in the first round.

Along with Le Bleus I'm rooting for these new and unfamiliar teams to the postseason. Let's go upsets!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

11/02/2019 12:37 am  #454

Stillwater Made The Playoffs Excuse Me!??!?!?!!? All Hell Is About To Break Loose In The Mahl

11/02/2019 1:58 am  #455

The 1962 Kellogg Cup Playoffs mark a major change in the playoff format. To help with travel, as well as build on existing rivalries, the MAHL has decided to split the playoffs into 2 separate 16 team brackets, north and south. Once we are down to the Great Eight all games will be played at the St. Paul Auditorium, home of the Victorias. The bracket will be reseeded once teams reach the great eight which will be treated as its own separate tournament made up of 4 southern and 4 northern teams.

Here are the brackets for the 1962 Kellogg Cup Playoffs

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

Last edited by Section30 (11/02/2019 5:25 pm)

11/02/2019 9:43 am  #456

Wow, I can’t believe it’s been over 2 months since I’ve roamed around on this site. All of these designs look incredible. Winnipeg, Fargo, and West St. Paul’s new look are some of my favorites. However, my 2 favorite designs have got to be Brainerd and Thief River Falls. Let’s go Jacks and Railers!

May or may not be a Celtics fan after July 1st

11/02/2019 10:44 am  #457

Some pretty fun matches to start the tournament! Some new faces and new stories to be had. Unfortunately, according to the graphic, whoever wins in the Broncos vs Flames game will be stagnant and not move forward. They don’t have a little line to travel to the next round on.

11/02/2019 5:26 pm  #458

JG36 wrote:

Wow, I can’t believe it’s been over 2 months since I’ve roamed around on this site. All of these designs look incredible. Winnipeg, Fargo, and West St. Paul’s new look are some of my favorites. However, my 2 favorite designs have got to be Brainerd and Thief River Falls. Let’s go Jacks and Railers!

Welcome back, I'm glad you like them!

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Some pretty fun matches to start the tournament! Some new faces and new stories to be had. Unfortunately, according to the graphic, whoever wins in the Broncos vs Flames game will be stagnant and not move forward. They don’t have a little line to travel to the next round on.

Thanks for pointing that out, just fixed it!

11/02/2019 7:00 pm  #459

1962 Kellogg Cup Playoffs; First Round Day 1

St. Paul Victorias vs Stillwater Volunteers
In the battle of the V's, the "True V's" from St. Paul took care of the Vols with little effort. The Victorias pinned the Vols in their own zone for the majority of the game, but Stillwater was able to find the back of the net on a couple of offensive breaks, but it was not nearly enough to get past the perennial powerhouse.

St. Cloud Bearcats vs Fergus Falls Cyclones
The Cats and Clones did battle in this Granite League rivalry game. Fergus Falls continued their history of thriving as the underdogs as they knock off St. Cloud in an overtime thriller 3-2.

Edina Cake Eaters vs West St. Paul Waves
After a couple years of being oh so close to the playoffs the Cake Eaters finally got their shot once again as they faced off against the West St. Paul Waves who are looking to make another deep playoff run like in 56 when they reached the finals. The Waves came out slow, giving Edina multiple chances in the first, the Cake Eaters were just unlucky and were unable to capitalize. WSP turned things around in the second, striking twice in the frame to take a 2-0 lead heading into the third. Edina would get some more good looks, but remain snake bitten as they hit the post twice and were just unable to find the back of the net. The final horn sounded, sending the Waves to the second round.

St. Paul Saints vs Bloomington Bears
The Saints struck first with the Bears tying things late in the second. St. Paul was given a powerplay early in the third where they beat the Bloomington goalie to the post on a wraparound to take back the lead. The Bears pulled the goalie with about a minute remaining to get the extra attacker, only for them to cough up the puck in the neutral zone for an easy goal to put the final dagger in the Bears and send the Saints marching on.

Thief River Falls Railers vs Moorhead Huskies
Two Red River League foes squared off in what turned out to be a much closer game than most had anticipated with the Huskies actually leading 2-1 heading into the third. The Railers were able to turn things in their favor in the third though as they completed the comeback to advance.

Virginia Royals vs Hibbing Greyhounds
One of the biggest rivalries in the league was on full display as the Royals and Greyhounds battled once again, this time all the way to a second overtime. Hibbing scored in the second and the Royals answered back in the last minute of the period. The third was scoreless, as was the first overtime. It wasn't until Virginia's Louis Nelson slid into the slot where a rebound found his stick and then the twine as he smacked it home to send Hibbing home and Virginia to the second round.

Grand Rapids Moose vs Duluth Hornets
The Hornets traveled out to Grand Rapids with a caravan of fans who were met by a barrage of orange as the streets of Rapids were decked out for their Moose. The brand new IRA Civic Center was packed with over 2,400 fans from both teams as the puck dropped. The hometown fans were treated to a great showing by their Moose who played excellent defense, shutting down the Hornets offense all game long. Grand Rapids would go on to win 2-0 over Duluth.

Roseau Stars vs Grand Forks Jets
Grand Rapids showed the media just why they felt cheated with the 16th overall ranking, knocking off a very good Roseau team in a high scoring, 3 overtime thriller by a score of 4-3.

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

11/02/2019 8:22 pm  #460

Been a while since I've posted here, just doing so to say yay Grand Rapids won!  And double yay Hibbing lost!  Lol, anyway, loving the new league set up you've got here!  You weren't joking about having big plans for the league and it shows!  Great job as always!

Board footera