Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/15/2021 9:44 am  #11

Re: Mundanely Cool Existence

ThisIsFine wrote:

Sometimes, our daily lives are boring in a very interesting way. This is the thread where you mention things in that vein that have happened in your life (and a spiritual successor to the “Personal Alert” thread where I informed everyone I was in the hospital for tip appendicitis). Coworkers with witty comebacks? School friends who have done insanely stupid things for the hell of it? Relatives you don’t want to be related to? Embarrassing personal anecdotes? Put it here.
<^><^><^><^>
There is an Asian supermarket near my school (which shall not be named for privacy purposes). That means a supermarket that is more or less normal with normal supermarket things, except that they also have Asian brands and items used in Asian cuisine you probably wouldn’t find at Costco or Walmart. Also, they have live seafood in tanks for some reason. Anyways, if you ever find yourself in an Asian supermarket, go to the freezers and grab the pork buns with bamboo shoots in the provided image. I have had four of them today. They are amazing. They are the bomb.

This story makes me think of Jonathan Frakes asking me, “Have you ever visited a Chinatown section of a major city?” and I honestly think it’s amazing you made me think of that.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

5/14/2021 7:27 pm  #12

My neighbor hired a Mariachi band for his retirement party and I can hear it through my window.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

5/14/2021 8:19 pm  #13

ThisIsFine wrote:

My neighbor hired a Mariachi band for his retirement party and I can hear it through my window.

Good luck trying to sleep tonight man. But that's nothing compared to my sister and her sleepovers from back in the day. Those got out of control. 

6/09/2021 10:12 pm  #14

Actual photo of me busting out the kazoo during a school ceremony today.

6/10/2021 1:05 pm  #15

Last night at a play rehearsal I fought someone with a sword.

Owner of the AltHL's Alaska Auroras, AltLB's Kansas City Colts, AltFL's Kentucky Stallions,  AltCAA's University of Kansas City Cosmos (2001 Legacy Champions)

6/10/2021 7:23 pm  #16

Magical_Kittenz wrote:

did you win?

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

6/10/2021 9:04 pm  #17

I just spent the last 8ish months at work putting together a 300 page manual of the Ontario Fire Code and then converting said codes into quick text in Microsoft Word.

Somebody at work deleted all the coding while doing a review a few months ago and I had to start again.

I finished this afternoon and never want to see the fire code ever again. Ugh.

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

6/10/2021 11:23 pm  #18

Animal Farm (1999) is my new favorite so-bad-it’s-good movie. There is literally so much meme potential. Here are three of my favorite memeable scenes:

*“Do you know who did this? HmmmmMMMMmmmm? *abrupt and awkward cut* SNOWBALLLL!” (Not an exact quote, but close enough)

*Napoleon lying on top of a bed doing an impression of me on most days while squealer justifies the change in the commandment about beds

*Napoleon drunkenly falls from a ladder literally right after altering the commandment about alcohol

It’s on iMdB TV on Amazon. Go watch it. You won’t regret it.

6/11/2021 12:03 am  #19

3pointtally wrote:

I just spent the last 8ish months at work putting together a 300 page manual of the Ontario Fire Code and then converting said codes into quick text in Microsoft Word.

Somebody at work deleted all the coding while doing a review a few months ago and I had to start again.

I finished this afternoon and never want to see the fire code ever again. Ugh.

That sounds absolutely excruciating.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

6/11/2021 12:37 am  #20

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Magical_Kittenz wrote:

did you win?

There was no winner. Our break ended and we had to go back inside to continue rehearsal

Owner of the AltHL's Alaska Auroras, AltLB's Kansas City Colts, AltFL's Kentucky Stallions,  AltCAA's University of Kansas City Cosmos (2001 Legacy Champions)

Board footera