Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/09/2021 10:15 am  #231

Re: The AltHL Season 2020

I don't want to cause issues and will continue to play regardless, but is there any chance we can think about moving the leagues to another service for next season (Yahoo, ESPN, etc.)

Fantrax has just flat out not worked for me the entire week. I haven't been able to update my team on both the app and web which is pretty frustrating. The league just wont load at all. I can't change my line up or view scores or anything.

Further to that, while I found Fantrax to be fine for football, it seems pretty poorly updated for hockey IMO. For example, they have Mitch Marner listed as a C when he has played RW his entire career. I know there are other players who are listed in the wrong positions too.

Just food for thought. Again, if the answer is flat out no, I wont complain and I'll continue to play, but it has been frustrating at different times this year for sure.

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

4/09/2021 10:51 am  #232

I can't speak for everybody, but I strongly oppose moving to a different service. I'm in baseball leagues on both ESPN and Yahoo this season and to say they've been frustrating is an understatement. Both haven't let me move my players to the IR all season (including Eloy Jimenez, who's out for 5 to 6 months yet was listed as DTD for a long time) and as those who are in the Yahoo league can testify, the draft barely worked for me as I kept getting kicked and couldn't really think about my picks.

The issues you've been facing are weird, to say the least. Issues with the app might be caused by outdated software or firmware, while the webpage, again, could be issues with the computer. I haven't had those issues myself and I really like Fantrax's setup, but if those issues persist then we might have to switch.

4/09/2021 10:53 am  #233

3pointtally wrote:

I don't want to cause issues and will continue to play regardless, but is there any chance we can think about moving the leagues to another service for next season (Yahoo, ESPN, etc.)

Fantrax has just flat out not worked for me the entire week. I haven't been able to update my team on both the app and web which is pretty frustrating. The league just wont load at all. I can't change my line up or view scores or anything.

Further to that, while I found Fantrax to be fine for football, it seems pretty poorly updated for hockey IMO. For example, they have Mitch Marner listed as a C when he has played RW his entire career. I know there are other players who are listed in the wrong positions too.

Just food for thought. Again, if the answer is flat out no, I wont complain and I'll continue to play, but it has been frustrating at different times this year for sure.

We can explore our options. There are reasons and options that we chose fantrax. It offers things that others don't. Mainly addressing our needs both now and the future for leagues of this size. 

I am open to exploring. I will also be willing to run a tutorial for people who are having issues. Or feel free to PM me any specific issues that you're having. 

4/09/2021 10:55 am  #234

Gritty wrote:

3pointtally wrote:

We can explore our options. There are reasons and options that we chose fantrax. It offers things that others don't. Mainly addressing our needs both now and the future for leagues of this size. 

I am open to exploring. I will also be willing to run a tutorial for people who are having issues. Or feel free to PM me any specific issues that you're having. 

Speaking of size, what about the recent news on expansion progress?

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

4/09/2021 12:07 pm  #235

Sevsdast wrote:

Gritty wrote:

3pointtally wrote:

Speaking of size, what about the recent news on expansion progress?

I think you’re up to date.

4/09/2021 2:07 pm  #236

While I'm thinking about it, I did have a bug earlier today where a player I dropped and wanted to re-sign somehow got stuck in a pending claim. I did manage to fix it but it was still strange.

That's really the only major technical issue I've had, however.

4/09/2021 2:31 pm  #237

The app has finally loaded for me, haven't had that issue with it even during football so I can at least update my team.

The website still will not load. The website is just a blank white screen for me and that is both on my personal Macbook and my work computer. 

I'm not opposed to any app, just something I wanted to bring forward to discuss. I had no problems at all with Fantrax during football season, thought it worked out really well, but it hasn't been great for hockey IMO.

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

4/09/2021 4:23 pm  #238

3pointtally wrote:

The app has finally loaded for me, haven't had that issue with it even during football so I can at least update my team.

The website still will not load. The website is just a blank white screen for me and that is both on my personal Macbook and my work computer. 

I'm not opposed to any app, just something I wanted to bring forward to discuss. I had no problems at all with Fantrax during football season, thought it worked out really well, but it hasn't been great for hockey IMO.

Those are definitely some weird issues, sounds like a software problem.

I've used Fantrax across several devices and OS's and it's been fine for me. Occasionally the stat updater will stall out during games, but otherwise I haven't had any issues.

I have noticed that ESPN has been doing the same thing with no real time stat updates, even on their primary page with game casts. (Doesn't bode well for that new contract...) But it's causing me to wonder if it's actually not Fantrax's fault entirely.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

4/11/2021 10:41 am  #239

For those curious (like I was), I've put together a spreadsheet counting Perfect Lineups. You can check it out here. The team with the most is Philadelphia with 12 players making the Perfect Lineup in 12 weeks, while Halifax and Montreal tied for second with 7 each. In last is Boston, Denver, and Toronto, each with 1.

4/11/2021 6:27 pm  #240

Heads up, Vancouver is looking to return on Friday so you can actually get Canucks back in your lineup again pretty soon.

Board footera