Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2021 11:31 pm  #61

Re: The Bizarro NHL

Uh... okay. Definitely a strange nickname, but unique. Fan of the logo as well, that Panda does look pretty imtimadating. 

3/12/2021 6:25 pm  #62

3/12/2021 6:39 pm  #63

That is a nice concept for New Jersey. I do have to ask, did you intend on giving us a sneak peek of the Rocky Mountain Extreme or was it a slip-up?

3/12/2021 8:05 pm  #64

total slip up. but enjoy the sneak peak! 

3/12/2021 8:11 pm  #65

Gritty wrote:

total slip up. but enjoy the sneak peak! 

Cool! You doing the block busters for the panthers?

Last edited by Sevsdast (3/12/2021 8:12 pm)

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

3/13/2021 6:24 pm  #66

We start phase four of the Bizarro NHL with the WHA merger. When the WHA folded, four franchises entered the National Hockey League. As a current Coloradan I had to start with the Avalanche or now known as the Rocky Mountain Extreme. The colors were derived from the Nordiques planned rebrand just before the move. I personally love the Nordiques old uniforms, 

3/17/2021 4:42 pm  #67

I like the tiger logo, even though I can't root for any team that looks like the Bungles.

I love the Pandas. Unique name and identity! Might be one of my favorites so far.

I like the Gulls a lot. I think the color scheme leaves some contrast issues but overall it's a strong look.

The Xtreme are about what I expected for a rebrand of that name. I actually like the sweaters a lot.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

3/18/2021 5:47 pm  #68

3/18/2021 5:58 pm  #69

I really like this idea. I think the whale head needs some work, more definition, maybe an eye/mouth, etc because right now it looks... well, odd. The tail also feels a little squished on to the end, I feel like it could be smoothed out a bit more to be less jarring. This really has a ton of potential though.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

3/18/2021 7:36 pm  #70

You can't go wrong with the Whalers' colors and sweater, but I agree with Steel that the logo is a bit lacking. Who knows, maybe I would've been a Carolina Whalers fan if they looked as good as that!

Board footera