Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/20/2020 3:48 pm  #161

Re: Solar League Baseball: A Future History

Congrats to the Giants! Hopefully PUA can do some damage in the coming years.

12/23/2020 2:16 pm  #162

2582 Season

AL Inner
The Mars Warriors turned to the postseason with 88 wins behind the bat of shortstop Alonzo Ramirez, who led the league in batting average with .367. The Venus Sparrows flew into second place with a winning record of 84 wins. The Mercury Mets and the Luna Apollo tied for third place with 82-80. The Earth Astronauts can’t get anything going as they picked up their 9th straight losing season.
Β 
AL Middle
The Jupiter Kings picked up their third straight postseason berth and their 2nd divisional title in three years with 94 victories behind the bat of second baseman Jaden Johnson, who drove in 161 runs to lead the league. The Harmony 1’s continue their β€œdynasty” by picking up their 6th straight postseason berth, and 11th in 12 years. They’re a force to be reckon with. The Nolan Engineers had a solid season but couldn’t make the postseason. The Callisto Cubs and Io Vulcans continue to finish at the bottom of the division.
Β 
AL Outer
For the first time since the 2571 season, the Titania Spirits has won a divisional title. Their ace, Matt Schrank, struck out 268 batters to lead the league. The Titan Kraken barely made it into the postseason with 86 wins as the no. 5 seed, which gave them their first postseason appearance in franchise history. The Neptune Mariners finished third with 82 wins. The Polaris North Stars stumbled all the way to 4th place. The Ceres Belters didn’t have a nice time this season as they finished with 69 wins.
Β 
Β 
CL Inner
The Venus Reign retook the Cosmo League Inner Divisional Title with 94 wins, which earned them their 3rd in their last 4 years. Reign rivals Kennedy Rockets stayed right on their tails as they finished 2nd, also for the 3rd time in the last 4 years. The Horus Pharaohs continued their mediocrity with another 3rd place finish. The Valles Marineris Canyons rolled into 4th, and the PUA Emperors finished with league-worst 105 loses on the season.
Β 
CL Middle
It was a SLUGFEST in this division, as the top two teams, the Ganymede Giants and Pamoja Guardians had two different races at the same time – the divisional title and the single-season home run record. The Giants ended up taking the division with 106 wins, good for the league best. But the Guardians’ Chi-hoon Bryant slugged 75 home runs, which set the Solar League record for most homers in a single season. Meanwhile, all three other teams came in with a losing record.
Β 
CL Outer
In their third season, the Oort Comets have won their third straight divisional title in a relatively weak division. The Ceres Gatekeepers and the Pluto Demons raced for second place with the β€˜keepers finishing ahead of the Demons by 1 game. The Saturn Halos and Atlantis Atlanteans finished 4-5 in the division respectively.

RoughRiders9's Note -Β Trying a little something new to help me to get through the season a little quicker in a more efficient way. Hope you don't mind the screenshots from OOTP!Β 
Β 

12/23/2020 2:38 pm  #163

2582 Postseason

WILD CARD SERIES

Titan Kraken @ Harmony 1’s – The Titan Kraken pulled off a major upset, as they defeated the heavily favored Harmony 1’s in an INSTANT CLASSIC series. After the 1’s won on a walk-off victory in Game 1, the Kraken unleashed their inner beast and won two straight road games, each by one run. In Game 3, the 1’s were ready to clinch the series but the Kraken rallied for two runs in the top of the ninth inning to put them on top, 6-5. The Kraken held on in the bottom of the 9th inning to advance to the Astro League Divisional Series against rival Titania.

Kennedy Rockets @ Pamoja Rockets – In Game 1, the Kennedy Rockets handled the Pamoja Guardians easily with an 8-3 victory. But in Game 2, the two teams battled all the way to the 11th inning, where the Guardians won on a walk-off home run from Alex Perez to make it a 7-6 ballgame. The next night, the Guardians also put up 7 runs to defeat the Rockets, 7-6, to advance to the next round.

DIVISIONAL SERIES

Titan Kraken @ Titania Spirits – The Titan Kraken hoped that the momentum from upsetting the Harmony 1’s would carry them past the Titania Spirits, but the Spirits thought otherwise. The Spirits swept the Kraken out of the sea to advance to the ALCS in three games.
Mars Warriors @ Jupiter Kings – Β Even with a Game 1 loss on Jupiter to the Kings, the Mars Warriors managed to win their next three straight games to move past the Kings to the ALCS.

Pamoja Guardians @ Ganymede Giants – AL Middle rivals Ganymede Giants and Pamoja Guardians faced off against each other in the CLDS with the 106-win Giants predictably coming out on top. The Giants won the series, 3 games to 1.
Oort Comets @ Venus Reign – The Oort Comets finally won their first postseason series. I suppose the third time’s a charm! The Comets streaked past the Venus Reign in four games, including a walk-off win in Game 3.

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS
Β 
Mars Warriors @ Titania Spirits – The Mars Warriors got out to a great start by winning the first two games on the road on Titania. After moving the series to Mars, the Spirits responded with a victory in Game 3 to make it a 2-1 series. But the Warriors took advantage of their home-field advantage and upset the Spirts in 5 games to advance to the Galactic Series.
Β 
Oort Comets @ Ganymede Giants – The Comets are going streaking! The Oort Comets have pulled out a major upset as they dominated the 106-win Ganymede Giants in just 5 games. The Comets took Game 1, but the Giants tied the series at 1-1. Then it was all Comets from there, as they won three straight home games on the USS Oort, parked at the Ganymede Terminal (largest orbiting space station above Ganymede) to clinch the series. In just their third season in franchise history, the Comets are heading to the Galactic Series.

Galactic Series Preview – Even though the Comets has three more wins than the Warriors, Mars is still the favored team in the series given their historical standing in the league and the Comets’ inexperienced roster. Will the Comets win their first ever title in their third season, or will the Warriors take home their 8th Galactic Series win?

Game 1: MARS 4 @ OORT 3 – If the Oort Comets were expecting the pressure of the playoffs to get to Honorato Morales, they underestimated the old man.
Β 
The Mars Warriors got a strong start from the 37-year-old left-hander. Morales threw 5 innings allowing 2 runs as Mars won the contest 4-3 at Comets Ballpark to take the lead in their best-of-7 series with the Comets. The Warriors now lead 1-0.
Β 
Mars used the timely hitting of Charlie Fishburn to seize the win. The pinch hitter stroked a run-scoring single in the top of the ninth inning to put the Warriors on top, 4-3. It was his only hit in 1 at-bat, but it was a game-changer.
Β 
"It's a mindset," said Morales. "Just trying to do your job, trying to be consistent."
Β 

Game 2: MARS 7 @ OORT 0 – Mars Warriors manager Jon Roybal knew it was a gamble to give the start to a rookie. It was a good gamble to take.
Β 
Pitching in front of a hostile crowd on the USS Oort docked at the Martian Shipyards in the orbit of Mars, 22-year-old left-hander Rodger Urena silenced the host Oort Comets. The Warriors shut out the Comets by a final score of 7-0, to give the Warriors a 2-0 advantage in the best-of-7 Galactic Series.
Β 
Urena earned the win, going 7 strong innings for Mars. The native of Neiva, Colombia, Earth, allowed just 1 hit, while striking out 9. Oort hitters did next to nothing against the left-hander.
Β 
"There's never a lack of effort in our clubhouse. We're willing to do the little things to get the win," Urena told the Mars Citizen.
Β 
Β 
Game 3: OORT 2 @ MARS 1 – Already down in the Galactic Series, the Oort Comets put on their best show, beating the Mars Warriors by a final score of 2-1 today in Ares City, Mars. Kahumanu Siteti was special. He threw 7 innings of 4-hit ball. Oort now trails Mars 2-1 in the best-of-7 affair.
Β 
In his 92-pitch effort, Siteti allowed 1 run on 4 hits over 7 innings. He walked 1 and struck out 7.
Β 
"Kahumanu was throwing strikes, locating well," said Oort manager Ho-cheol Jung.
Β 

Game 4: OORT 7 @ MARS 2 – The Oort Comets defeated the Mars Warriors, 7-2 in Game 4 of the Galactic Series today. Making an impact was shortstop Alfredo Perez, who went 2 for 3 with a home run, a double, and a walk, while scoring 3 times. The win moves Oort into a 2-2 tie with Mars in the series.
Β 
Oort used the bat of Ryuji Matsui to get the win. The center fielder hammered a 3-run home run in the top of the second inning to put the Comets ahead, 3-0. It was his lone hit in 4 at-bats, but it did its damage.
Β 
"It's true for every sport, I think, but the playoffs are so short that you've just got to get in and get hot," Oort manager Ho-cheol Jung told reporters after the win. "We took care of the first part and now we're just working on the second."
Β 

Game 5: OORT 2 @ MARS 3 – The Mars Warriors faced a challenging opponent in Oort Comets right-hander Hampus Knudsson, but did just enough to squeak out a 3-2 win in Game 5 of the Galactic Series today. Mars now leads 3-2 in the best-of-7 series. The Warriors won despite the Comets getting an excellent start from starter Knudsson, who allowed 3 runs and scattered 4 hits over 7 innings.
Β 
Alonzo Ramirez, who led the AL in wins above replacement with 9.7 this season, chipped in for Mars with a solo home run in the bottom of the sixth. For the game, the shortstop had 2 hits in 4 at-bats with 1 home run, 1 single, 1 run scored, and 1 RBI.
Β 
"We're happy," Ramirez told reporters after the win. "When you're in the playoffs, you've got to treat every game like it could be your last."
Β 

Game 6: MARS 7 @ OORT 4 – It's party time on Mars! The confetti is flying and Martians are smiling.
Β 
The Mars Warriors have reached the mountaintop, capturing the 2582 Galactic Series today. They defeated the Oort Comets 7-4 at Comets Ballpark to officially wrap up the series 4-2.
Β 
Asked how it feels to be champion, shortstop Alonzo Ramirez was to the point.
Β 
"It feels great, like a million bucks. I'm so happy right now, not just for me but for all the guys," he said. "We put a lot of work into this and deserve to be champions."
Β 
Ramirez also picked up the series MVP by leading the team with 12 hits and batting .444 in the series.
Β 
The Galactic Series win was the Warriors’ 8th in franchise history, good for 3rd of all time in league history.
Β 
The team is planning a victory parade and fan appreciation day later in the week. Mars finished the regular season 88-74 and claimed first place in the Astro League Inner Division.

Past Galactic Series Results
Β 
2500 – Ceres B. over Luna
2501 – Mercury over Earth
2502 – Mercury over Ceres B.
2503 – Earth over Mercury
2504 – Earth over Mercury
2505 – Mercury over Earth
2506 – Mercury over Venus
2507 – Luna over Earth
---
2508 – Venus over Luna
2509 – Earth over Luna
2510 – Ceres B. over Luna
2511 – Luna over Earth
---
2512 – Jupiter over Ceres B.
2513 – Mendez over Earth
2514 – Mendez over Ceres B.
2515 – Mendez over Earth
2516 – Luna over Mendez
2517 – Venus S. over. Jupiter
2518 – Mars over Saturn
2519 – Luna over Ganymede
2520 – Mars over Venus R.
2521 – Mendez over Mars
2522 – Mars over Kennedy
2523 – Kennedy over Mars
---
2524 – PUA over Mercury
2525 – Ganymede over Mercury
2526 – Luna over Venus R.
2527 – Kennedy over Ceres B.
---
2528 – Luna over Venus R.
2529 – Ganymede over Luna
2530 – Ganymede over Earth
2531 – Luna over Ganymede
2532 – Saturn over Ceres B.
2533 – Valles Marineris over Callisto
2534 – Callisto over Saturn
2535 – Mercury over Ganymede
---
2536 – Venus S. over Europa
2537 – Mendez over Luna
2538 – Callisto over Pamoja
2539 – Kennedy over Callisto
2540 – Ceres B. over Kennedy
2541 – Luna over Pamoja
2542 – Europa over Ceres B.
2543 – Valles Marineris over Venus S.
---
2544 – Pamoja over Venus S.
2545 – Mendez over Earth
2546 – Luna over Europa
2547 – Luna over Europa
2548 – Mars over Ceres G.
2549 – Mars over Mendez
2550 – Mars over Ganymede
2551 – Mendez over Mars
2552 – Mendez over Mercury
2553 – Mendez over Earth
2554 – Kennedy over Jupiter
2555 – Mars over Mendez
2556 – Jupiter over Neptune
2557 – Venus S. over Ganymede
2558 – Venus S. over Europa
2559 – Ceres G. over Venus S.
---
2560 – Mendez over Ceres B.
2561 – Earth over Valles Marineris
2562 – Io over Ceres G.
2563 – Valles Marineris over Io
2564 – Io over Ceres G.
2565 – Pamoja over Venus S.
2566 – Ganymede over Io
2567 – Jupiter over Horus
2568 – Earth over Ganymede
2569 – Neptune over Luna
2570 – Earth over Pluto
2571 – Europa over Titania
2572 – Neptune over Mars
2573 – Pluto over Ceres B.
2574 – Mendez over Ceres B.
2575 – Pluto over Venus S.
---
2576 – Pluto over Luna
2577 – Harmony over Kennedy
2578 – Harmony over Venus R.
2579 – Venus R. over Harmony
---
2580 - Venus R. over Harmony
2581 - Ganymede over Luna
2582 - Mars over Oort

As always, C+C's appreicated! Thank you!Β 
Β 

Last edited by RoughRiders9 (12/23/2020 2:55 pm)

12/24/2020 2:14 pm  #164

Wow, congrats to the Warriors! It's tough to see the Emperors so far down the standings, hopefully they can make it to the top.

12/24/2020 2:28 pm  #165

QCS wrote:

Wow, congrats to the Warriors! It's tough to see the Emperors so far down the standings, hopefully they can make it to the top.

My Atlanteans aren't much better. Hopefully we both can get some needed prospects in here to turn the franchises around.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

12/24/2020 7:23 pm  #166

Sad the Reign couldn't make another run, but I'm happy for my old team for getting another title

2/18/2021 3:41 pm  #167

*crickets*

Hi guys? Anybody out there? I'm in space. Hope people can hear me scream? No?Β 

Alright then.Β 

Kidding! Just checking in and see how it's going around these boards. Sorry I haven't posted in forever. Life, as always, got in the way.Β 

But I will tell you that I have been working on an "expansion" team for the last few days and once I'm done with that, hopefully I'll get something posted in this thread! If anybody wants to give me feedback on the expansion team, just send me a PM and I'll share what I have so far!Β 

Thanks! Hope all is well with you guys.Β 

Much love,Β 
RR9

Last edited by RoughRiders9 (5/29/2021 1:12 pm)

2/18/2021 3:47 pm  #168

Good to hear from you man!Β 

Me. I want to give feedback.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THL,Β PUCH,Β WHA: ReduxΒ and Retroliga.

5/29/2021 6:22 pm  #169

Hi everybody! Long time no talk!Β 

I just wanted to do a quick post on the 2583 season for the Solar League with a couple of screenshots from my OOTP save. I already have plans on expanding this league, and will do so sometime soon in the next few days/weeks or so. I have some BIG plans on expanding and I'm excited to share them with you! Yes. Real big. If you thought 32 teams were enough, lol, you thought wrong. Yes, I will still be simming the OOTP save, but these posts would probably be a little bit shorter because I want to "fast-forward" a little bit and focus on the expansion teams and their storylines and whatnot. I hope you're cool with that!Β 

Anyway, here's the quick recap for the latest season, coming in the year 2583.Β 

POSTSEASON RESULTS

Galactic Series:
Ganymede Giants over Jupiter Kings, 4-2
ALCS: Jupiter Kings over Titania Spirts, 4-2
CLCS: Ganymede Giants over Kennedy Rockets, 4-2
ALDS (1): Titania Spirits over Luna Apollos, 3-1
ALDS (2): Jupiter Kings over Earth Astronauts, 3-2
Β 
CLCS (1): Ganymede Giants over Atlantis Atlanteans, 3-1
CLCS (2): Kennedy Rockets over Oort Comets, 3-0
AL Wild Card: Luna Apollos over Mars Warriors, 2-1
CL Wild Card: Atlantis Atlanteans over Pluto Demons, 2-0

Past Galactic Series Results
Β 
2500 – Ceres B. over Luna
2501 – Mercury over Earth
2502 – Mercury over Ceres B.
2503 – Earth over Mercury
2504 – Earth over Mercury
2505 – Mercury over Earth
2506 – Mercury over Venus
2507 – Luna over Earth
---
2508 – Venus over Luna
2509 – Earth over Luna
2510 – Ceres B. over Luna
2511 – Luna over Earth
---
2512 – Jupiter over Ceres B.
2513 – Mendez over Earth
2514 – Mendez over Ceres B.
2515 – Mendez over Earth
2516 – Luna over Mendez
2517 – Venus S. over. Jupiter
2518 – Mars over Saturn
2519 – Luna over Ganymede
2520 – Mars over Venus R.
2521 – Mendez over Mars
2522 – Mars over Kennedy
2523 – Kennedy over Mars
---
2524 – PUA over Mercury
2525 – Ganymede over Mercury
2526 – Luna over Venus R.
2527 – Kennedy over Ceres B.
---
2528 – Luna over Venus R.
2529 – Ganymede over Luna
2530 – Ganymede over Earth
2531 – Luna over Ganymede
2532 – Saturn over Ceres B.
2533 – Valles Marineris over Callisto
2534 – Callisto over Saturn
2535 – Mercury over Ganymede
---
2536 – Venus S. over Europa
2537 – Mendez over Luna
2538 – Callisto over Pamoja
2539 – Kennedy over Callisto
2540 – Ceres B. over Kennedy
2541 – Luna over Pamoja
2542 – Europa over Ceres B.
2543 – Valles Marineris over Venus S.
---
2544 – Pamoja over Venus S.
2545 – Mendez over Earth
2546 – Luna over Europa
2547 – Luna over Europa
2548 – Mars over Ceres G.
2549 – Mars over Mendez
2550 – Mars over Ganymede
2551 – Mendez over Mars
2552 – Mendez over Mercury
2553 – Mendez over Earth
2554 – Kennedy over Jupiter
2555 – Mars over Mendez
2556 – Jupiter over Neptune
2557 – Venus S. over Ganymede
2558 – Venus S. over Europa
2559 – Ceres G. over Venus S.
---
2560 – Mendez over Ceres B.
2561 – Earth over Valles Marineris
2562 – Io over Ceres G.
2563 – Valles Marineris over Io
2564 – Io over Ceres G.
2565 – Pamoja over Venus S.
2566 – Ganymede over Io
2567 – Jupiter over Horus
2568 – Earth over Ganymede
2569 – Neptune over Luna
2570 – Earth over Pluto
2571 – Europa over Titania
2572 – Neptune over Mars
2573 – Pluto over Ceres B.
2574 – Mendez over Ceres B.
2575 – Pluto over Venus S.
---
2576 – Pluto over Luna
2577 – Harmony over Kennedy
2578 – Harmony over Venus R.
2579 – Venus R. over Harmony
---
2580 - Venus R. over Harmony
2581 - Ganymede over Luna
2582 - Mars over Oort
2583 - Ganymede over Jupiter

As always, C+C's appreciated! Thank you!Β 

5/30/2021 11:03 pm  #170

2584 Expansions

Red Spot Storm

Origins – For the longest time, the Red Spot Station, a station in geostationary orbit directly above the Great Red Spot on Jupiter, has wanted a Solar League team of their own, but they kept getting passed over for the Galilean Moons despite their fairly large population size. But their time has finally come. The Storm is named after the largest anticylonic storm in the solar system that has existed ever since Jupiter’s discovery. The size of the storm is approximately 10,000 miles in width, 1.3 times the diameter of Earth.

Colors – β€œRed” Spot. You can’t NOT have red in the color scheme. To accompany the red in the color scheme, the yellow represents the yellow-ish hue of Jupiter. The primary logo has a red-yellow twister inside a circular logo with RED SPOT STORM sprawled around the logo. Β­The cap logo is the twister logo on its own.

Stadium – With the stadium being on a space station, the stadium will be β€œoutdoors” in the downtown section of Red Spot Station but with a glass roof that allows the Great Red Spot on Jupiter to loom directly above the stadium. Whenever an outfielder looks up to catch a fly ball, they can’t miss the brewing storm.
Β 

Β 

Pamoja Tribe

Origins – On one of the largest space station in terms of size and population with a little over 3.5 million residents, Pamoja was ready for a second team. With the relatively successful operations of the Pamoja Guardians, the residents on the other side of the station wanted their own team.

Pamoja is famous for their open immigration policy and its diverse population. In the Swahili language, β€œPamoja” means β€œtogether.”
Β 
And that was how the name β€œTribe” was born for Pamoja’s second team. Β 

Logos and Colors – With its diverse population mostly from the African continent, the Tribe elected to go green, gold, and red for their colors using a wildebeest as an inspiration in their logo. Β 

Stadium – Pamoja wasn’t kidding when they were bragging about their space station size. They even have their own artificial rain forest, where the Guardians call their own stadium home. The Tribe will have theirs in a separate dome attached to Pamoja that is notorious for its savanna ecosystem. The stadium will be placed in the middle of an artificial grassy field with wide open prairie views beyond the outfield walls where they can see cloned wildebeests roaming the fields.

Β 
Β 
League Realignment, Schedule, & Postseason
Β 
With the Red Spot Storm and the Pamoja Tribe joining the Solar League, the league’s teams were realigned into eight divisions: four teams in each division and four divisions in each league. In creating the new divisions, the league tried to maintain the historical rivalries from the old alignment, while at the same time attempting to organize the teams geographically.
Β 
Several groupings of teams had a gentleman’s agreement to be required to be in the same division as part of any realignment proposals. Those teams were from the Lagrange Islands (Harmony, Nolan, and the new Pamoja expansion team for the Astro League; Pamoja, Mendez, and Ft. Nevada for the Cosmo League) and Jupiter (Jupiter, Callisto, and Io for the Astro League; Ganymede, Europa, and Red Spot for the Cosmo League).
Β 
The major changes were:

• No longer the divisions would be named Inner, Middle, and Outer. They all have a name now – Sol, Lunar, Jovian, and Kuiper.
  • No teams will switch leagues. Red Spot will be placed in the Cosmo League, while Pamoja will be placed in the Astro League.
  • The teams from Mercury (+Horus), Venus, Earth, and Mars were placed in the Sol Division.
  • The two teams from the Moon (Luna & Kennedy) joined the six Lagrange Island teams into their own division – the Lunar Division.
  • The six Jupiter teams welcomed the two Ceres teams into their Jovian Division.
  • The remaining teams beyond Saturn plus the two traveling teams all were grouped into the Kuiper Division.

The new schedule format will still have 162 games, as is tradition. The new format is the following:

• 14 games vs. 3 division opponents (7 homes, 7 aways)
  • 6 games vs. 12 league opponents (3 homes, 3 aways)
  • 3 games vs. 16 interleague opponents (3 homes or 3 aways, on a two-year rotation basis)

The postseason will be modified: four division winners and two wild card teams from each league. In each league, the division winners are seeded 1 through 4, with the wild cards being 5 and 6.
Β 
The Wild Card Round will continue to be best-of-3 with the no. 3 and no. 4 teams hosting no. 6 and no. 5 respectively with all 3 games at their stadium. The no. 1 and no. 2 teams will receive byes.
Β 
The Divisional Round will be best-of-5 series, and then the League Championships and the Galactic Series will be the traditional best-of-7 series.

Β 

Last edited by RoughRiders9 (5/30/2021 11:03 pm)

Board footera