Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/07/2021 10:25 pm  #281

Re: AltBA Design Thread

DireBear wrote:

San Jose Seals: After all the seals you see near the coast in the Bay Area
Baltimore Crabs: Baltimore and crabs are as inseperable as Pittsburgh and its ironworks
Kansas City Bulls: Kansas City has a massive cattle industry, and the American Royal is one of the largest cattle shows in America
Philadelphia Colonials: Yet another typical American patriotism name, but since both Philly AltTeams have patriotism connections I think it may fit
Dallas Wildcats: Wildcatters worked in the oil industry, and you know Texans and Americans love their oil
Pittsburgh Blazers: Pittsburgh and its iron industry are nearly inseperable, and so they are named after the blazing hot forges of the ironworks

Don't forget about the Chicago Bulls btw.

​San Jose Electrics - Silicone Valley inspiration
Kansas City Railers - The midwest is built by railroads.
​Dallas Flames - The flame that erupts from an oil rig is a pretty iconic symbol of the oil industry.
​Baltimore Americans - The national anthem was created in the Charm City. It also has an old-timey feel.
Philadelphia Lions - Another old-timey name.
​Pittsburgh Anvils - Direct ties to the Steel City nickname.

1/08/2021 12:15 am  #282

Baltimore Bannerets - Knight that flies under its own banner, that's pwetty epic
Kansas City Prosecutors - We all know the one the only Miles Edgeworth
San Jose Bytes - that bites (could use an animal in combination with the tech side)
Pittsburgh Steelmen - He's a really cool guy
Philadelphia Lightning - Benjamin Frankboy
Dallas Chupacabras - heck yea, that be super cool

Last edited by Wallflower (1/08/2021 12:16 am)

1/08/2021 1:30 am  #283

Baltimore Spanglers - Star Spangled Banner
Dallas-Fort Worth Panthers - Fort Worth is nicknamed Panther City
Kansas City Ponies - The Pony Express started in St Joseph MO
Philadelphia Mummers - After Mummers Parade on New Year's Day
Pittsburgh Commoners - The city was named after PM William Pitt (The Great Commoner)
San Jose Nightsnakes - Native to the area

1/08/2021 2:02 am  #284

San Jose Diablos - Mount Diablo is an hour away and from the pics I've seen you can see it from the city.
Baltimore Defenders - Battle of Baltimore is the inspiration for the National Anthem.
Kansas City Stampede- Dunno why, it sounds good to me.
Texas Lone Stars - Lone star state. It's like the Lone Rangers. 
Philadelphia Pioneers - Starting a new country and also a solidarity nod to the Chinese Basketball association team in Philadelphia's sister city of Tainjin. 
Pittsburgh Swarm - With a bee theme. Because black and yellow.

Only the written records of his travels survive.

1/08/2021 4:48 pm  #285

I'll be posting the Group B Final Four in a couple of hours. But I wanted to get my names in before I create the polls for tomorrow. 

Philadelphia Gladiators - I wanted to take Philly in a new direction. It is a tough nickname which the fans will appreciate. It deviates from the Boxing / Patriotic theme. It honors the big Italian influence of the city. 

Pittsburgh Prowlers - going to alliteration. The logo could be of a panther or some other jungle cat. 

Baltimore Marauders - I used to work in Baltimore. There is a big nautical presence in Baltimore. The British Military described Baltimore as a 'den of pirates' as many of the most fearsome American privateer ships called Baltimore harbor home. I believe Marauders was one of the finalists that lost out to the Ravens. Plus pirate themed teams are just cool.  

Dallas Stetsons - what is more Texas than cowboy hats? Plus I like that it sounds old school. 

Kansas City Crows - I like the alteration. Plus the Crow is one of the smartest birds on earth. I always thought that the Crows would be a great name for a team. 

San Jose Redwoods - the Giant Redwood forest is just a short drive from San Jose. What is more fitting than the world's tallest trees for a basketball team? 

1/08/2021 4:52 pm  #286

Gritty wrote:

I'll be posting the Group B Final Four in a couple of hours. But I wanted to get my names in before I create the polls for tomorrow. 

Philadelphia Gladiators - I wanted to take Philly in a new direction. It is a tough nickname which the fans will appreciate. It deviates from the Boxing / Patriotic theme. It honors the big Italian influence of the city. 

Pittsburgh Prowlers - going to alliteration. The logo could be of a panther or some other jungle cat. 

Baltimore Marauders - I used to work in Baltimore. There is a big nautical presence in Baltimore. The British Military described Baltimore as a 'den of pirates' as many of the most fearsome American privateer ships called Baltimore harbor home. I believe Marauders was one of the finalists that lost out to the Ravens. Plus pirate themed teams are just cool.  

Dallas Stetsons - what is more Texas than cowboy hats? Plus I like that it sounds old school. 

Kansas City Crows - I like the alteration. Plus the Crow is one of the smartest birds on earth. I always thought that the Crows would be a great name for a team. 

San Jose Redwoods - the Giant Redwood forest is just a short drive from San Jose. What is more fitting than the world's tallest trees for a basketball team? 

What about the Minnesota Giants?

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

1/08/2021 4:55 pm  #287

Sevsdast wrote:

Gritty wrote:

What about them? They're in. They won.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

1/08/2021 4:55 pm  #288

Sevsdast wrote:

Gritty wrote:

What about them? 

1/08/2021 5:08 pm  #289

Gritty wrote:

Sevsdast wrote:

Gritty wrote:

What about them? 

The Redwoods need to be changed because we have a tall-like name in the AltBA already.

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

1/08/2021 5:09 pm  #290

If Kansas City Crows wins, I’d feel obligated to make them my #1 to create the narrative of my owner naming his teams the scarecrows and crows in the same city. Seems very on brand for me.

I also already shorten the Scarecrows to Crows and don’t plan on stopping. Imagine the newspapers! “Football crows do the win, while basketball crows do the sin”

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (1/08/2021 5:11 pm)

Board footera