Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/23/2020 10:27 am  #11

Re: NBA Expansion

From what ESPN was saying, the fee to join could be north of $1 billion (with a B!), which $2+ billion would then be split to the 30 teams in the league currently. It sounds like they're looking at it now because the money coming in would help the existing teams.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

12/23/2020 12:10 pm  #12

Dan O'Mac wrote:

From what ESPN was saying, the fee to join could be north of $1 billion (with a B!), which $2+ billion would then be split to the 30 teams in the league currently. It sounds like they're looking at it now because the money coming in would help the existing teams.

Yep, that's the reason. The pandemic hit every team hard so the thought process is that expansion fees would help give the teams an influx of cash.

12/23/2020 12:26 pm  #13

The Sonics have to be a choice. Especially with the way things ended there and the fact that the Kraken are building them an arena. 

I like the Vegas option too..

12/23/2020 4:05 pm  #14

As long as they're both out West (Seattle and Vegas/KC/San Diego) and the Wolves can move to the East with Milwaukee and Chicago I'll be happy. Of course this is contingent on them staying in MN.

12/29/2020 4:05 pm  #15

Las Vegas and Austin for me!

Board footera