Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/10/2020 11:22 pm  #791

Re: History of the National Football Association - 1974-75 Season

Nice to see the Bulldogs go south! I hope this expands the NFA's reach to new places. As for the stadium name, I would prefer MLK Memorial Stadium, but Crain can do whatever he wants. BTW, will the Bulldogs move to the South Division or will they stay in the East?

12/11/2020 12:01 am  #792

Rugrat wrote:

Nice to see the Bulldogs go south! I hope this expands the NFA's reach to new places. As for the stadium name, I would prefer MLK Memorial Stadium, but Crain can do whatever he wants. BTW, will the Bulldogs move to the South Division or will they stay in the East?

They'll be staying in the Northeast. The NFA hasn't ever mixed up divisions for a relocation (Both of the Tigers relocations and the Ironmen's relocation to Milwaukee.)
The name of the Stadium will likely be whichever y'all prefer, I've had MLK Memorial Stadium saved for this for a while. His assasination was just the year prior too.

12/11/2020 5:53 am  #793

I like MLK Memorial Stadium quite a bit, though I definitely could see something involving the Crain's family name too. As a lot of stadiums are named after owners, nepotism could easily win the day in the stadium naming territory.

12/11/2020 7:36 am  #794

Will the Bulldogs redesign their jerseys?

12/11/2020 12:53 pm  #795

Will the Bulldogs change their name?

12/11/2020 3:45 pm  #796

Stickman wrote:

I like MLK Memorial Stadium quite a bit, though I definitely could see something involving the Crain's family name too. As a lot of stadiums are named after owners, nepotism could easily win the day in the stadium naming territory.

I'm definitely leaning more toward MLK Memorial Stadium. The more I think about it the more I like it.

RightGuard wrote:

Will the Bulldogs redesign their jerseys?

There's going to be a really minor tweak this offseason, and a bigger one a year or two down the line.

MitchSwanson94 wrote:

As long as Jim Crain is the owner, no. Crain was hard enough to appease with the relocation to Atlanta, there's no way he'll agree to changing the name.

12/11/2020 6:19 pm  #797

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

MitchSwanson94 wrote:

As long as Jim Crain is the owner, no. Crain was hard enough to appease with the relocation to Atlanta, there's no way he'll agree to changing the name.

Seems like potential conflict of interest that might be settled legally.

12/12/2020 3:13 pm  #798

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

They'll be staying in the Northeast. The NFA hasn't ever mixed up divisions for a relocation (Both of the Tigers relocations and the Ironmen's relocation to Milwaukee.)
The name of the Stadium will likely be whichever y'all prefer, I've had MLK Memorial Stadium saved for this for a while. His assasination was just the year prior too.

It would make more sense to move Atlanta to the South. This would mean that Cincinnati would move to the North, and Pittsburgh to the Northeast, which, BTW, should just be called the East.

12/12/2020 4:24 pm  #799

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

MitchSwanson94 wrote:

Seems like potential conflict of interest that might be settled legally.

Probably for the best, If Baltimore gets a new team, it would come with a better (and more hands on) owner

12/12/2020 7:30 pm  #800

joho42x wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

It would make more sense to move Atlanta to the South. This would mean that Cincinnati would move to the North, and Pittsburgh to the Northeast, which, BTW, should just be called the East.

I agree with joho here, the fact that Atlanta stays in the Northeast is just obscure. There should be some realignment here. Even if the NFA's never done it before, they should do it this time. For realighment it should be Atlanta moves to the South, Cincy to the North and Pittsburgh to the Northeast. 

Last edited by MitchSwanson94 (12/12/2020 7:30 pm)

Board footera