Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/20/2020 9:59 am  #101

Re: Solar League Baseball: A Future History

Hello everybody! Sorry for the delay in posts. Life's just getting in the way and sometimes I need to step away from this little corner of the internet here. 

Just wanted to give you an update that I am still working on this project, but something came up with my Solar League plans that I needed time to figure out and then start moving on with it. But now that I finally figured out my "snag," there'll be some posts coming soon! Not today, but sometimes this week for sure. 

Stay tuned! 

10/21/2020 12:40 am  #102

Welcome back, PUA.

The Black are very modern, a unique twist on baseball. I'm actually really excited to see what kind of uniforms they roll out. Part of me hopes they're like Nike/Oregon type stuff.

I think the color scheme for Red Spot is perfect. But it just doesn't look like a hurricane. You could name them the Storm and keep the logo.

The Kraken are an interesting brand that I'm not sure knows what it is yet. Feels playful in some senses, and trying too hard to be serious in others. (the word/type/colors versus the actual logo) I still dig the brand though. I think this could be a team that could have some unique updates in the future as you could go a lot of different directions with it.

Nice stuff again!

RoughRiders9 wrote:

Hello everybody! Sorry for the delay in posts. Life's just getting in the way and sometimes I need to step away from this little corner of the internet here. 

Just wanted to give you an update that I am still working on this project, but something came up with my Solar League plans that I needed time to figure out and then start moving on with it. But now that I finally figured out my "snag," there'll be some posts coming soon! Not today, but sometimes this week for sure. 

Stay tuned! 

That's how projects go, man. Plus it's 2020 still, so...

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

10/21/2020 7:15 am  #103

No need to rush this!  Life is busy enough as it is, (and like Steel said, 2020.  Seriously, that alone is the perfect excuse for anything weird or bad that happens.  Just 2020).

I haven't really been keeping up on my comments for these teams, but I do want to say most of these are really, really, awesome!  Keep it up.  Couple of teams to note.

Neptune Mariners: I know it's been a while since these guys got introduced, but aside from the Luna Apollos, this is my favorite team.  The double green look is pretty unique and certainly a surprise as you'd think blue would have been the "obvious" route.  I love it!

Titania Spirits: Well, while the owners didn't listen to their fans at all, I SUPPOSE Uranas Probes wouldn't have been very appropriate.  Sort of reminds me of the Miami Marlins when they first got into the league.  IIRC, I think the residents had voted for Florida Flamingos instead of the Florida Marlins by a wide margin, but the owner still stuck with Marlins.

Red Spot Hurricanes: Like with everyone else, I think this looks more like a tornado than a hurricane.  Perhaps a redeign could help.  Hurricanes usually are seen from a top down perspective, so a top down look instead of a side look like this has could be an option to try out and look more hurricane like.

Keep up the great work!

Last edited by Stickman (10/21/2020 7:15 am)

11/06/2020 1:19 pm  #104

Hi guys, just wanted to check in and let everybody know that I'm still around! 

But as we all know, 2020 is happening so life is taking priority for me for the time being. But I just wanted to drop a line and let you guys know that I have no plans on stopping this project! It's just on a hold for the time being. 

I have some BIG ideas coming up but I just need time to get them together and create everything and then we should be good to go. No idea when that will be though... but it'll come! Eventually. 

Take care of yourselves everybody! Missing y'all, haha. 

11/06/2020 1:37 pm  #105

That's ok, take your time! Believe me, I understand that sometimes life gets in the way. Looking forward to what's next!

11/06/2020 3:39 pm  #106

Bruh, 2020 is no joke so I totally get it. Can’t wait for your new big ideas!

11/12/2020 6:16 pm  #107

Atlantis Atlanteans

Origins – As part of the Solar United Nations (SUN) terraforming project throughout the solar system, the SUN created a deep space station, named Atlantis, in the middle of “nowhere” between the planets Saturn and Uranus. The purpose of Atlantis station is to store all of the water and ice from the outer planets’ moons as they transfer the water to a planet or moon in the middle of terraforming. Due to the success of the terraforming in the solar system, Atlantis grew rapidly in the size and population and it became a thriving place to live despite its remote location. The population that lives there are proud blue-collar workers and call themselves the Atlanteans after the space station. Or as they like to be called... the A's. 

Colors & logos – The A's kept it simple and went with a bright, bold blue and white for their color scheme. The cap logo was borrowed from the fantasy language that linguists invented in the 20th century as if the Atlanteans were an actual race. The team also wanted to play up the name Atlantis as part of their pride, so all three of their jerseys have the space station’s name on them.

Stadium – Even through the entire space station is one massive gravitational sphere that stores water from the outer planets and moons, there still is an “air bubble” where people live and work at the nucleus inside Atlantis. Instead of having views of the outer space or a thriving skyline, the stadium is in the “downtown” portion of Atlantis inside a massive glass dome that holds up the water, along with some new sea life discovered in the solar system. In other words, the A's are playing inside an aquarium. Like this, but BIGGER!

RoughRiders9’s note – After the past couple of weeks, I’ve had some time to ponder this and the future of the league, I decided to put the Red Spot Hurricanes/Storm on a hold and put in the Atlantis Atlanteans (or A’s) instead to help me “manage” the growth of the league better. The Red Spot team will be added to the league in the future, just not now.

11/12/2020 7:46 pm  #108

Very nice! I like the new template as well, gives a better idea of how the jerseys look. The A's look nice as well, a two-color scheme with white and another color is always good.

11/12/2020 8:45 pm  #109

Nice work on Atlantis! The updated template is nice, I like seeing the 3D uniforms. The A's remind me of the KC Royals which is always a good look.

11/12/2020 11:04 pm  #110

Wow, Atlantis looks great! The blue is really sharp and the pinstripes work quite well too. I would challenge Steelman's point -- Atlantis looks more like a blue White Sox team IMO. Great template too though, as the realistic jerseys really show off all your design work better.

Board footera