Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/02/2020 1:44 pm  #631

Re: History of the National Football Association - 1974-75 Season

Alright Cleveland! Let’s show the Blew It Ox what were made of

10/02/2020 4:08 pm  #632

Well hopefully, there is some life left in the Ox, but I was kinda expecting Addams to starting falling off at some point.

10/02/2020 4:30 pm  #633

Maybe it was the pressure of being a high seed that caused us to choke year after year, here's to hoping that we can put together a nice upset run

Go Ox!

10/06/2020 9:49 pm  #634

1966-67 NFA Wildcard Round - Minneapolis Blue Ox at Cleveland Rangers

The first postseason game was an interesting matchup between a standout Rangers team and a washed up Ox team. The first half was slow, Cleveland would score on their first drive but then both teams would punt for the rest of the quarter. Coming out of the break QB Eugene Addams would make his way down the field for Minneapolis’ first score, tying things up at 7. QB Kurtis Mueller would retaliate by taking the lead back, quickly putting up his second TD of the game. Addams and the Ox would attempt another score before the half ended but they would come up short. 

The second half would be a bit more exciting for Rangers fans as they would come out of the half explosively, returning the kickoff for another TD and a 21-7 lead. Minneapolis would be relegated to punting once again as Cleveland would follow up on the return TD with a field goal, extending their lead to 24-7. The fourth quarter wouldn’t be much better for the Ox as Addams would throw an interception right out of the gate which would lead to another field goal for Cleveland. Minneapolis, but a bit too late, would finally score another TD as the game ended. The Ox would stay winless in the postseason, the final score was 27-14.

1966-67 NFA Wildcard Round - Los Angeles Tigers at Boston Gaels

The second wildcard game was much more exciting. With Los Angeles traveling to Boston we saw a rematch of the 1965 Champions Bowl. Los Angeles started off the first half really strong. By the end of the first quarter QB Kieth Lincoln had helped build a nice 14-0 lead while the Gaels struggled to slow them down. The second quarter would be nicer to them though as RB Sam Peck went down with a devastating leg injury, slashing the strength of the Tigers in half. Before too long the Gaels managed to stop the Tigers for the first time and would begin to crawl back into the game by scoring their first TD of the game, thanks to RB Stevie Parks diving into the endzone.  

The second half would be a turning of the tides, with Peck now out for the rest of the game, the Tigers would struggle to keep up the pace they set in the first quarter and they would end up losing the lead. Throughout the third quarter Boston would force 2 fumbles and run up the score to 17-14. Los Angeles would wait until the fourth to score again but would leave too much time on the clock. In dramatic fashion QB Donald McCloud would lead the reigning champs down the field and would score a game winning TD to send them to the semi-finals. The final score was 24-21

I was tempted to tamper with the results of the simulation, just to ease the pain of Ox fans, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm shocked they've continued to choke every single postseason appearance. Granted they were the underdog here but not only was it against their expansion rival, who by the way have less than half the postseason appearances, but now 2 more wins, but it was the six straight loss, the 4th in a row. I don't even want to try to do the math for the probability for that happenning. Long story short, it seems like football in Minnesota, irl or fictional, is a painful experience. At least Tigers fans are in a similar boat over the past decade.

C&C Appreciated. 

10/06/2020 9:58 pm  #635

Alright Cleveland. Level 1 complete. Sting the Hornets!

10/06/2020 10:37 pm  #636

This onen hurts less, but still mannnnn whyyyyy????
solid game in Boston though, huge comeback win for the Gaels

10/06/2020 10:51 pm  #637

Wallflower wrote:

Just join me and become a Rangers fan! Or better, wait till Arizona gets a team. (Like I patiently am)

10/06/2020 11:15 pm  #638

Rugrat wrote:

Wallflower wrote:

Just join me and become a Rangers fan! Or better, wait till Arizona gets a team. (Like I patiently am)

I never jump ship, once a Blue Ox fan, forever a Blue Ox fan.

10/07/2020 9:12 am  #639

Wallflower wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Wallflower wrote:

I never jump ship, once a Blue Ox fan, forever a Blue Ox fan.

There win a playoff game in like 1984 don’t worry

10/07/2020 4:28 pm  #640

I've gotta give it to you, you might have the most realistic simulation method of anyone with Minnesota constantly blowing it just like in real life lol

Board footera