Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/10/2020 1:04 pm  #21

Re: The AltFL Season 2020

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/10/2020 1:18 pm  #22

I'm not surprised at my ranking considering that I was left up to the mercy of the Auto Draft.

9/10/2020 4:40 pm  #23

There have been a few requests to see my methodology. Some stemmed from the relative positioning of my beloved Bandits. Here is how the magic is done.

I am using an ELO rating system. One-third of the ELO comes from a draft ranking by footballguys, where a B- is considered average and gets 1500 ELO. Each increase in grade (B>B+, B+>A-, A->A) adds 10 ELO and vice versa. (https://ratemyteam.footballguys.com/?_fs=a83d0cf2-1514-4480-97cf-e950728dcb53#fbgratemyteam/leaguesummary/c223718c-6e3c-4a09-b448-fbd699de4153). The other two-thirds comes from Fantrax's projected season standings (on September 3rd, when the standings came out and I compiled the rankings). A 7-6 record is considered average and gets 1500 ELO. Each additional win earns a team 10 ELO. Here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UioGhRjyFAoBmGM_w9pGY-PYf5UdeV_lTmNx3-x5NIw/edit?usp=sharing) is the sheet where I compiled the information.

I understand that the projected win-loss data have changed since the 3rd (for example, the Bandits are now projected to win all of their games, instead of losing one as the initial rankings show). The initial rankings will only be a starting point; your team's wins and losses will change them from there.

For those playing along at home, K=40 for now.

9/10/2020 10:29 pm  #24

In a completely useless stat, the Buffalo Bolts with Pat Mahomes and Bernardrick McKinney lead the way with 31.55 total points after the first night of football.

Great first game for Clyde Edwards-Helaire. He looks like he could be a very important piece in a loaded offense.

First impression for me is high-tackle guys are going to score a lot of points in this league. Defensive players who put up big tackle numbers could be a key stat between wins and losses.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

9/10/2020 10:37 pm  #25

JamHeronArk wrote:

There have been a few requests to see my methodology. Some stemmed from the relative positioning of my beloved Bandits. Here is how the magic is done.

I am using an ELO rating system. One-third of the ELO comes from a draft ranking by footballguys, where a B- is considered average and gets 1500 ELO. Each increase in grade (B>B+, B+>A-, A->A) adds 10 ELO and vice versa. (https://ratemyteam.footballguys.com/?_fs=a83d0cf2-1514-4480-97cf-e950728dcb53#fbgratemyteam/leaguesummary/c223718c-6e3c-4a09-b448-fbd699de4153). The other two-thirds comes from Fantrax's projected season standings (on September 3rd, when the standings came out and I compiled the rankings). A 7-6 record is considered average and gets 1500 ELO. Each additional win earns a team 10 ELO. Here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UioGhRjyFAoBmGM_w9pGY-PYf5UdeV_lTmNx3-x5NIw/edit?usp=sharing) is the sheet where I compiled the information.

I understand that the projected win-loss data have changed since the 3rd (for example, the Bandits are now projected to win all of their games, instead of losing one as the initial rankings show). The initial rankings will only be a starting point; your team's wins and losses will change them from there.

For those playing along at home, K=40 for now.

Naw man, it’s Nathan Peterman magic.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

9/11/2020 1:44 am  #26

Steelman wrote:

In a completely useless stat, the Buffalo Bolts with Pat Mahomes and Bernardrick McKinney lead the way with 31.55 total points after the first night of football.

Great first game for Clyde Edwards-Helaire. He looks like he could be a very important piece in a loaded offense.

First impression for me is high-tackle guys are going to score a lot of points in this league. Defensive players who put up big tackle numbers could be a key stat between wins and losses.

And you all laughed at me.

9/11/2020 6:05 am  #27

Had Frank Clark on the bench this week, maybe it wasn’t a good idea to...

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

9/11/2020 7:06 am  #28

ThisIsFine wrote:

Naw man, it’s Nathan Peterman magic.

Funny you say that.

BIRMINGHAM (ALTSPN) - At kickoff, AltSPN reporter James Herr-O'Nark noted the absence of one Nathan Peterman from the Dallas Bandits sideline at BBVA Stadium. "I don't know where he is, and Bill Belichek does not look happy. I'll report when I get more information."

9/11/2020 8:54 am  #29

Steelman wrote:

That's the stat I focused on when drafting, as it's hard to predict sacks and interceptions. Tackles just felt the most safe to build around. That LB that gets 8 tackles a week is going to be very valuble.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/11/2020 9:57 am  #30

I'm kinda regretting picking Tua as my quarterback considering he's backing up Fitzpatrick to start.

Board footera