Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/05/2020 6:25 am  #11

Re: Term 1- Group 1

I decided create another logo for the WCU, with inspirations from the raliway station signs commonly found in those areas. I even experimented with different shades of red, as well as a combinations of double red.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

9/05/2020 8:28 am  #12

Personally, I'd suggest we stick with interlocking letters over arched letters assuming we're sticking with this font, which I think is nice.  If we're going with 2 interlocking letters, my vote of the two would depend on if we're using the outlined logos on the left or the non-outlined ones on the right.  I think if we have an outline, it looks better on the bottom left logo.  If we aren't doing an outline, I actually feel the middle right would be the choice.  I personally prefer no outline, but I'm curious what you all think.

I also agree that we could go a touch darker with the red,  liking the Arizona Cardinals red here.

Nice job on the ticket logo Macbeth!  While I'm personally feeling the interlocking letters as the primary logo at this point, I do believe we have to have 2 logos when we submit these at the end.  That ticket style could potentially be a really nice base for the 2nd logo!  If we are agreeing to stick with the interlocking UCLA font style, I'd be interested to see how that's look on the ticket base!

Of those 3, yeah I definitely like Version 1's the best, the other 2 reds are just a bit too bright for the Conductors I feel.  

9/05/2020 9:38 am  #13

Sorry for the double post, but I thought it might be good to have this as two posts rather than 1 mammoth sized one.

Another thing we may want to start thinking about are the sports that we will need to design jerseys for.   Part of what we need to submit are home and away jerseys for 4 of the following 6 sports, baseball, american football, basketball, hockey, soccer/football, and lacrosse.  

I know Dr. Pepper has done projects with american football and baseball before and that 3 Point has done projects with american football and hockey.  Would it be safe to assume we'd want to use at least 2 or even all 3 of those sports with that in mind?  

Macbeth, do you have experience with designing jerseys?  If so, are there sports you would be interested in putting uniforms together for? 

As for me, it's somewhat known that I have no knowledge on how to design online, (I know, I know, I can critique others online designs, but can't actually designer myself, lol).  I did feel bad about that, so I did just message QCS about if we could hand-draw uniforms if the quality is good enough, waiting on word for that.  (EDIT: He messaged me back and it's okay, so I'm open to hand drawing something)

I did a quick Wikipedia search and while there's no data on lacrosse, it looks like nearly all Colorado universities have basketball, most have soccer/football, american football, and baseball.  Just something to think about if we are going for realism.

Right now, I'd envision Western Colorado University with baseball, american football, hockey, and.. maybe basketball?  But I'm totally an open book here, what do you all want to do?

Last edited by Stickman (9/05/2020 10:14 am)

9/05/2020 10:37 am  #14

Stickman wrote:

Sorry for the double post, but I thought it might be good to have this as two posts rather than 1 mammoth sized one.

Another thing we may want to start thinking about are the sports that we will need to design jerseys for.   Part of what we need to submit are home and away jerseys for 4 of the following 6 sports, baseball, american football, basketball, hockey, soccer/football, and lacrosse.  

I know Dr. Pepper has done projects with american football and baseball before and that 3 Point has done projects with american football and hockey.  Would it be safe to assume we'd want to use at least 2 or even all 3 of those sports with that in mind?  

Macbeth, do you have experience with designing jerseys?  If so, are there sports you would be interested in putting uniforms together for? 

As for me, it's somewhat known that I have no knowledge on how to design online, (I know, I know, I can critique others online designs, but can't actually designer myself, lol).  I did feel bad about that, so I did just message QCS about if we could hand-draw uniforms if the quality is good enough, waiting on word for that.  (EDIT: He messaged me back and it's okay, so I'm open to hand drawing something)

I did a quick Wikipedia search and while there's no data on lacrosse, it looks like nearly all Colorado universities have basketball, most have soccer/football, american football, and baseball.  Just something to think about if we are going for realism.

Right now, I'd envision Western Colorado University with baseball, american football, hockey, and.. maybe basketball?  But I'm totally an open book here, what do you all want to do?

Well, the only jersey designs I have experience with is hockey. It's mainly because of my first start as a contributor to Hockey Jersey Concepts (now known as Jersey Nerds).

However, I have templates for basketball, baseball and american football. But I'm not sure how to design them without looking like it is poorly put together.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

9/05/2020 12:07 pm  #15

I could design the football and baseball uniforms. Hockey I don’t have as much experience with, so if 3point wanted to take the reigns on that he could. I also have a basketball template I’ve played with in the past and could come up with a basketball design there. I’d think those would be the 4 sports they have.

As for the ticket logo, I like the idea but I agree with Stickman that the interlocking is better. It could work as a secondary maybe but I was also wondering if we could go full out and get a train logo as a secondary maybe. I think a Purdue style logo would be fun to come up with.
I’ll mock up some versions of the Middle Right and Bottom Left logos too with some different shades of red. Are we in agreement that that’s the route we want to go?

9/05/2020 3:26 pm  #16

So I came up with a second mock up. I tried a few different shades of red, Cardinal, Maroon, Vermilion,  Atlanta Falcons' Red, Arizona Cardinals' Red, and St. Louis Cardinals' Red. In the end I settled on 3 to show, the last three listed. I also boiled our options down to middle right and bottom left because I agree those are our best 2 options. The options are top to bottom as followed; Arizona Cardinals' Red, Atlanta Falcons' Red, and St. Louis Cardinals' Red. My favorite is probably top left but I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks.

9/05/2020 7:27 pm  #17

I like the top row best too!  I think that is the darkened red we're looking for!  I'd be perfectly happy with the outlined option as the main logo if everyone else wants that one!

9/05/2020 7:39 pm  #18

I agree with that logo.

I'd love to give the hockey jerseys a go and any other sports nobody else wants to try.

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

9/05/2020 8:05 pm  #19

I've been trying to follow your guys' work. What sports are you thinking about? I figure we could try to match up as I think that our Idaho-based school could be a strong natural rival for WCU.  

9/05/2020 8:52 pm  #20

Gritty wrote:

I've been trying to follow your guys' work. What sports are you thinking about? I figure we could try to match up as I think that our Idaho-based school could be a strong natural rival for WCU.  

I think, and if I'm wrong y'all let me know, but I think we're just rolling with basketball, baseball, hockey, and football. I'll be really looking forward to what y'all come up with then if that's the case!

Also, all this extra time this weekend has me motivated, I came up with a really rough mockup for an alternate. Let me know how everyone feels about it! It's not necessarily a conductor but oh well.

Board footera