Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/31/2020 8:47 pm  #51

Re: Solar League Baseball: A Future History

Hi everybody! Just wanted to check in and let you know that I’m working on something and I want to get it ready before I make the next post! Something happened in OOTP that caused me to shift my plans around a little bit. Nothing bad I promise! Just that something happened in OOTP and I was like, ooh! I should do something about it! SO.... with that being said.... two teams will be receiving new looks! (No expansions yet). 

Stay tuned  

8/31/2020 8:54 pm  #52

RoughRiders9 wrote:

Hi everybody! Just wanted to check in and let you know that I’m working on something and I want to get it ready before I make the next post! Something happened in OOTP that caused me to shift my plans around a little bit. Nothing bad I promise! Just that something happened in OOTP and I was like, ooh! I should do something about it! SO.... with that being said.... two teams will be receiving new looks! (No expansions yet). 

Stay tuned  

Ooooo! I'm excited to see what's gonna happen!

9/02/2020 10:38 pm  #53

2528 – 2535: Sweet Sixteen, Pt. 1

Even with the expansion teams, the league remained at 162 games for the regular season. Each team faced their 3 divisional rivals 22 games (11 home, 11 away), 4 teams from the other division within their league 12 games (6 home, 6 away), and the 8 teams from the other league 6 times (3 home, 3 away).

The playoffs expanded slightly. The two division winners plus one wild card team from each league advanced to the postseason. The league regular season received a bye into the League Championship Series, while the 2nd divisional winner faced the Wild Card team in a best-of-three, play-in series, with all three games at the 2nd division winner’s home stadium. So teams were encouraged to win their league if possible, if not, then try to win the division for the home field advantage at minimum.

In 2528, the Apollos dominated the postseason, by sweeping nearly all the way to their sixth Galactic Series title. Their record was 9-1 in the postseason, losing just one game in the first ever League Play-In Series.

In the next two years, the Ganymede Giants owned the league as they won two straight Galactic Series in eight games, meaning they swept both times; one over the Apollos and one over the Astronauts.

The Apollos responded by winning their seventh Galactic Series title in franchise history by snapping the Giants’ streak in 2531.

During these four years, the Ceres Belters were the top team in the Astro League every season, clinching the no. 1 spot in the postseason and a bye into the League Championship Series. Each time, they all lost in the League Championship Series.

In the next “mini-era” of the early 2530’s, they did finally get the monkey off their back as they made it to the Galactic Series in 2532. However, they ran into the red-hot Saturn Halos, who defeated the Belters for their first title in franchise history.

For the next two seasons, there were also two first-time winners of the Galactic Series, as the Valles Marineris Canyons and Callisto Cubs won in ’33 and ’34 respectively.

In 2535, we saw the return of an old time powerhouse, the Mercury Mets, as they won their first Galactic Series title in 29 seasons, as they defeated the Giants.

In other news, unfortunately the PUA Emperors have been sold to a new owner who plans to relocate the team. The Emperors struggled mightily after their Galactic Series win in their first season, finishing last in nearly all of their seasons except for a fluke season in ’31. The location and team name will be announced in the coming days.

Galactic Series
2500 – Ceres over Luna
2501 – Mercury over Earth
2502 – Mercury over Ceres
2503 – Earth over Mercury
2504 – Earth over Mercury
2505 – Mercury over Earth
2506 – Mercury over Venus
2507 – Luna over Earth
---
2508 – Venus over Luna
2509 – Earth over Luna
2510 – Ceres over Luna
2511 – Luna over Earth
---
2512 – Jupiter over Ceres
2513 – Mendez over Earth
2514 – Mendez over Ceres
2515 – Mendez over Earth
2516 – Luna over Mendez
2517 – Venus S. over. Jupiter
2518 – Mars over Saturn
2519 – Luna over Ganymede
2520 – Mars over Venus R.
2521 – Mendez over Mars
2522 – Mars over Kennedy
2523 – Kennedy over Mars
---
2524 – PUA over Mercury
2525 – Ganymede over Mercury
2526 – Luna over Venus R.
2527 – Kennedy over Ceres
---
2528 – Luna over Venus R.
2529 – Ganymede over Luna
2530 – Ganymede over Earth
2531 – Luna over Ganymede
2532 – Saturn over Ceres
2533 – Valles Marineris over Callisto
2534 – Callisto over Saturn
2535 – Mercury over Ganymede

All-Time Standing

9/02/2020 10:46 pm  #54

Woo 2533 champs!

9/03/2020 11:11 am  #55

Yet again, the Emperors are moving. You really do hate to see it, but hopefully they'll make a return like in the old thread. We still have our one championship to hold on to, after all.

9/03/2020 12:02 pm  #56

QCS wrote:

Yet again, the Emperors are moving. You really do hate to see it, but hopefully they'll make a return like in the old thread. We still have our one championship to hold on to, after all.

Oh yes. I definitely have plans on bringing them back someday down the road! I was hoping to keep them there and rearrange my "future" plans a little bit, but they just sucked hard enough that the original plans ended up staying after all... 

9/04/2020 12:39 am  #57

Sign me up, boys. I'm taking the Emperors look absolutely wonderful with that colour scheme.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

9/04/2020 1:55 pm  #58

2536 – Relocation & Rebrand

It was the year of changes in the Lagrange Islands, a group of five massive space stations at the lagrange points of the Earth-Moon system. One team welcomed a relocated team, while the other got new looks.

The PUA Emperors became the Pamoja Guardians, while the Mendez Islanders dropped the nightclub theme.

Pamoja Guardians

Origins – Pamoja Station, at lagrange point #1, is one of the largest space station in size in the solar system, and the most populated station with a little over 3.5 million residents. Known for its extremely open immigration policy, it is the most diverse location in the solar system. It is like New York, Singapore, Dubai, and Toronto all rolled into one. In the Swahili language, “Pamoja” means “together.”

The PUA Emperors is renamed as the Pamoja Guardians, in honor of the immigration policy. The great “city” of Pamoja was happy to take in an SLB team as if they were their guardian angel.

Stadium – Thanks to the size of the space station, they also have an artificial rain forest set on the station. Their stadium will be set in the lush and dense Pamoja Jungle. The stadium is high up in midair, with the baseball field being atop a cutoff tree. The seating is also hoisted in midair using the trees as support pillars, creating a unique jungle environment in the SLB.

Colors – Because of the team’s location in the Pamoja Jungle with the juxtaposition of technology used to build the stadium, the team will be dark green (for the jungle) and purple (for the glowing lights that emits from the technology used to build the stadium). The logo you see on the cap is a silhouette of the Pamoja Station, as seen from a birds eye view.

Mendez Islanders

Origins - The Mendez Islanders decided to forego their “nightclub” identity and paying homage to the old Miami Marlins from centuries ago, and developed their own identity with a whole new color scheme. The Islanders call Isla Mendez, lagrange point #5, home. The station was named after Arnaldo Tamayo Méndez, the first person from Latin America to fly in space, and also the first black person to fly in space. Mendez himself was born in Cuba. So the Islanders went with a Cuban theme for their new look. 

Colors – Leaning more into an island theme, their primary color will be an Oceanic Blue, with several complementary colors to go along with it. The red lines represent the seams of a baseball. The yellow represents the sun and the sandy beaches on Isla Mendez. The green - for the colorful architecture in Old Town Cuba, a popular neighborhood on the station - completes the logo. The logo and uniforms will be more old school than usual, with a 1950’s feel, and a cream home uniform instead of whites. However, on their uniforms, they will be a one-color team, using the Oceanic Blue. They want to be known as the “ocean team” in the Solar League.

What's next? 
The next 8-ish year of the 16-team era, before the next round of expansions! 

Last edited by RoughRiders9 (9/04/2020 2:06 pm)

9/04/2020 2:06 pm  #59

Mendez looks amazing! That new logo made me audibly gasp when I saw it. Love the blue and cream look on the unis, but it feels almost criminal not to use all those colors in the uniforms somehow. Great seeing Pamoja back as well, although I kinda wish there was more of that blue. Great work all around!

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

9/04/2020 2:20 pm  #60

The Islanders are a thing of beauty.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera