Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/03/2020 9:14 pm  #1

Term 1 - A quick status update

Hey, everyone! I've got the first set of challenges ready to go. A few people had some questions that I think are worth sharing, so I'll go over a couple things:

1. The Captain of the group has final creative control over the team. It's up to them to make decisions, though we highly recommend that the Captains aren't dictators. Determining the final submission by vote, random draw, whatever, it's up to the Captain to decide.

2. This first term will last three weeks. Each group will have three weeks to complete a max of 10 teams. Don't rush though, as you'll only receive your second challenge when the QCS group has accepted your first, and so on. This number might change depending on how these weeks go.

3. The Captain is responsible for connecting everyone. If the Captain wants, we can share with them a certain person's preferences for being contacted, but we expect that everyone will be involved. Every group (but one) has only four people, it shouldn't be hard to get everyone communicating together.

And a quick explanation of the graphic that will follow: the names on the left are the people in the group with the Captain listed in gold. The drawing was mostly random, and we tried to pair Captains with who they wanted to work with most, but sometimes it just wasn't feasible. The filling out of the teams was random, as was the challenges we gave.
The state will be in white with the name on blue, with the number to the right being the population range you have to work with. You can pick any city in that state that falls into that population range (city proper, not metro).
The word below the state is the theme for your mascot. These are supposed to be vague, but feel free to contact the QCS group if you have a question. 
The number to the right of the mascot theme is the found date of your school. You can pick any year between those two end ranges.
Finally, the square on the right is filled with your assigned color with the hex code on top. You are required to use this color in some way. I think we have some good colors this go-round, so be creative!

Without further ado, here are the groups!

A quick reminder before you go off and create, schools cannot share a name with a school in real life. For example, you couldn't create a "University of North Carolina", but you could create a "North Carolina University" because it doesn't exist in real life. Mascot names are ok to use, but try to avoid using mascot names that are already in that state if you can, we're trying to create a full set of unique schools.

Have any questions? Myself, thehealthiestscratch, and Wallflower are available for any comments, criticisms, concerns, whatever you've got. Now then, go forth, and create!

Last edited by Steelman (3/27/2021 7:09 pm)

9/04/2020 8:41 am  #2

Re: Term 1 - A quick status update

Quick announcement: I made a couple mistakes and I'll make a quick correction:

Group 3: Instead of 500,000-1,000,000, use 100,000-250,000.

Group 7: Instead of 1,000,000+, use 500,000-1,000,000.

Very sorry about that, I didn't double check the population. I hope this helps!

9/04/2020 8:57 am  #3

One more quick announcement:

Group Captains: You can go ahead and create a new thread for your group. Please be sure to keep it in the AHSports College Project category, and we're working with the mods to get the information and groups threads pinned so they're immediately available. Very sorry about the confusion, this should get people creating! Have fun!

9/04/2020 12:14 pm  #4

One last announcement, and this one is important:

When you have completed your team, Captains should send the logos and jerseys to the QCS group at this email: AHSportsCollegeProject@gmail.com. Include your group number so we know who made it. We'll give you feedback on your group's thread, but we'd like to have the files so we can put them together in a consistent template for presenting. Thank you!

Last edited by QCS (9/04/2020 12:14 pm)

9/04/2020 5:45 pm  #5

FYI I created a sub-forum attached to this category for the group workshops. All group threads have been moved there. Thanks.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THL, PUCH, WHA: Redux and Retroliga.

9/06/2020 6:44 pm  #6

Hey, everyone! I have two announcements to make!

First, neo_prankster will be joining Group 6! Please welcome him to the group.

Second, alternate and throwback jerseys are allowed. The home and road was mostly a standard to meet, so we apologize for the confusion. You are allowed to make up to four jerseys for each sport. Home and road are required, two alts are optional. Sorry about that, happy making!

9/07/2020 12:22 pm  #7

Where is the Group 6 thread? Do we still need one more person?

9/08/2020 11:10 am  #8

Alright, Group 6 is moving on to their next challenge! If your group isn't done, don't worry at all, there's no rush! Here's their next challenge:

Additionally, I ask that Gritty creates a group thread in the sub-forum for easier communication. Thanks and good luck!

9/08/2020 11:46 am  #9

When/how will we see the various finished products?

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/08/2020 10:05 pm  #10

Dan O'Mac wrote:

When/how will we see the various finished products?

Patience, lad. Patience.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

Board footera