Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/27/2020 2:09 pm  #21

Re: Canadian Premiere Hockey League

The Steelmen. Oh the Steelmen. If ever a team was dear to me, it would be them. They are nothing special, aside from resembling European soccer teams in uniform design. Originally playing in the same league as the Millionaires, the Steelmen are a hard working team that always seems to run into a hit goalie even when the goalie isn't in the city. Some nights it seriously feels that way....

Anyways, their uniforms are simple but unique. Eventually, replicas would become sought after items that are the holy grails of peoples collections. The simple grey and gold uniforms with the chest patch would become a staple in peoples reference for hockey style in the future.

Ladies and gentlemen, your C+C is much appreciated, as always.

Last edited by Osgiliath Guard (1/28/2021 10:15 am)

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

8/27/2020 2:31 pm  #22

The red pants are a bit jarring. I like the rest of it, though, the crest placement is very traditional and I’m all about it. Just the pants are a bit jarring.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

8/27/2020 2:33 pm  #23

Looks like an old-school hockey team from way back when

8/27/2020 2:37 pm  #24

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

The red pants are a bit jarring. I like the rest of it, though, the crest placement is very traditional and I’m all about it. Just the pants are a bit jarring.

They were supposed to look like a darker leather pant, perhaps I'll tweak the colour for the future.

8/27/2020 3:02 pm  #25

I love the background with the Millionaires and why they're green and gold, the Steelmen are a classic, but I agree about adjusting the pant color

If you're making something look leather I would suggest going with a more brown or tan color

8/27/2020 4:36 pm  #26

Here's the updated Millionaires and Steelmen. Thanks to all the people who gave their input on the (this sounds stupid, but anyways...) colour of the pants.

8/27/2020 6:18 pm  #27

Well, I guess it'd be a real crime not to root for the Steelmen, eh?

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/27/2020 6:20 pm  #28

Steelman wrote:

Lol, cheer for whoever you want man. The Steelmen will be a tough road man.

8/27/2020 11:10 pm  #29

Steelman wrote:

My lord, I tried to bribe to get a "Thehealthiestscratches Hockey Club" but it seems someoneeeeeee outbid me.

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Scratch, I use Clip studio and I'm using this mainly as a way to improve my line art to the point where it won't stuck out as much.

Scratch and Miles, the horrid contrast was intentional. Plus, we won't have to worry about them for long. A change will come soon enough.

Roughrider, thanks and enjoy. Calgary and Edmonton are getting put on the back burner for now, and two other teams are taking their place.

Interesting, I've never heard of it. When I looked it up it seems to push towards the tablet and digital pen route. Is this what you're doing? Or is this on the computer with a trackpad? If it is the second one then I feel for you because that is difficult to get down.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (8/27/2020 11:13 pm)

8/28/2020 7:31 am  #30

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Steelman wrote:

My lord, I tried to bribe to get a "Thehealthiestscratches Hockey Club" but it seems someoneeeeeee outbid me.

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Scratch, I use Clip studio and I'm using this mainly as a way to improve my line art to the point where it won't stuck out as much.

Scratch and Miles, the horrid contrast was intentional. Plus, we won't have to worry about them for long. A change will come soon enough.

Roughrider, thanks and enjoy. Calgary and Edmonton are getting put on the back burner for now, and two other teams are taking their place.

Interesting, I've never heard of it. When I looked it up it seems to push towards the tablet and digital pen route. Is this what you're doing? Or is this on the computer with a trackpad? If it is the second one then I feel for you because that is difficult to get down.

Yea, I have a Wacom. Clip studio basicaly a free version of photoshop, with all the features as far as l can

Last edited by Osgiliath Guard (8/28/2020 8:29 am)

Board footera