Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/22/2020 10:11 pm  #31

Re: American-Canadian Basketball Association

Taking and applying critique and criticism is a crucial part of being a designer and you guys have really showed that here! You've clearly both put a lot of hard work into this and I just want to say I appreciate it. Overall I believe you've made all the designs better and more congruent.

The Jets look much more era-appropriate, I'm digging the double green in place of red. Montreal is much cleaner and sharper. The color balance tweaks for NY work well. The new yellow and bolder logo for the Herons creates a much more vibrant brand. They might have stolen my rooting interest. The double outlines for St. Louis adds so much to the logo, good choice. I'm surprised by the new color scheme but I can get behind it. I could see them holding on to the green and being one of those teams that changes their secondary color often.

I think I suggested adding a color to Seattle but I'm not sold on the purple. It's an interesting look but I think the black-white-gray was cleaner. The Twin Cities Chargers look much better, especially the new logo. The new color scheme is fantastic. Big time improvements for the Jacks. The whole brand really pops now.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/22/2020 10:26 pm  #32

I'll echo what Steel said, all of the changes were upgrades in my eyes

8/22/2020 10:39 pm  #33

Big-time upgrades here, I love the Metros' color scheme. It's not easy to take criticism well and improve your designs, but you guys managed it masterfully. Excited for the start!

8/23/2020 10:34 am  #34

Dig the new updates except for Seattle and St Louis but they all look pretty good. Can’t wait for 65

8/23/2020 10:52 am  #35

Good work on the updates!
Love Winnipeg the most at the moment, Detriot and Vancouver are the other solid looks.

8/23/2020 2:36 pm  #36

Pretty good start so far!  Definitely going to root for the Detroit Jets for not only being from Michigan, but also because I love that uniform!  Very nice!

8/24/2020 12:12 pm  #37

1965 Regular Season

American Division
This was the Crew’s year as they only lost two games, both to the streaky Metros. PF Robert Heraghty and center A. B. Morales were contenders for MVP, both scoring more than 30 points per game. Though inconsistent, New York, led by SG Kryztfer Lang made the playoffs. The Chargers managed to stay above .500, while Detroit, St. Louis, and San Diego had seasons to forget.

Canadian Division
The Winnipeg Wolves looked good this year with SF David Allen leading them to a first-place finish. The Calgary Outlaws kept up with the Wolves for most of the season but fell behind right at the end. They could be a force to be reckoned with for years, with rookie PG Mike Grzelak and young coach Jermaine Sterling looking fantastic in their first years in the league. Ottawa stewed in mediocrity, beating the cellar-dwellers, but only winning three games against teams with a winning record. The Lumberjacks and the Falcons both were plagued with injuries and couldn’t find a foothold. Montreal couldn’t really get anything going and finished last.

Johnson Cup Final:
1. Seattle Crew vs 2. New York Metros

Pearson Cup Final:
1. Winnipeg Wolves vs 2. Calgary Outlaws

8/24/2020 12:32 pm  #38

Go go Wolves!

8/24/2020 3:03 pm  #39

Good first season! 

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/25/2020 10:09 am  #40

1965 A-C BA Playoffs

In three straight blowouts, the Crew prevents the Metros from gaining any steam, and the Johnson Cup heads to Seattle.

Calgary takes a beating in Manitoba but responds with three straight wins against the Wolves. The Outlaws hoist the Pearson Cup.

Congrats to the Seattle Crew and the Calgary Outlaws for reaching the first A-C BA Final Series, and for being the first names engraved on the respective divisional trophies.

1965 A-C BA Finals:
1. Seattle Crew vs 2. Calgary Outlaws

Board footera