Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/20/2020 7:00 pm  #31

Re: Robin Island Hockey - The KLH (1971 Kurosawa Cup Finals)

Go Bullets!

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

8/20/2020 11:14 pm  #32

If I could get a joint sig for the Thunderbirds and Bullets that'd be awesome

8/21/2020 3:42 pm  #33

Section30 wrote:

If I could get a joint sig for the Thunderbirds and Bullets that'd be awesome

No problem, here it is!

8/22/2020 11:07 am  #34

The KLH news returns with updates to all 6 teams! With an influx of interest from fans, the KLH was able to update their uniforms to better match traditional hockey sense.

Aoishi darkened their gray, moved their sock stripe down further, and added a pair of white socks to be worn on the road.

The Peacocks also adjusted sock striping and added white socks, and they changed their pants stripe to be white-royal-white instead of the clashing triple stripe.

Hokkyo adjusted their sock striping and added white socks.

The Explorers adjusted their sock striping and added cream socks.

The Flames removed one of the stripes on their socks and added white socks with a red block to preserve the yellow striping.

The Jacks made the biggest changes, adjusting their shade of cream, removing brown, and adding a version of their logo outlined in cream to go on the home jersey. Additionally, the sock and pant striping order was adjusted and cream socks were added to the road kit. 

I also have updated sigs for Aoishi and Vertlac, the two teams that made color changes:

As I'm sure you guys probably know, I'm not too familiar with hockey, so I'd really appreciate it if you guys had specific stats/things you wanted me to track to make the experience more realistic. Thanks for the feedback, and the first season should be up soon enough!

Last edited by QCS (8/22/2020 3:33 pm)

8/22/2020 12:36 pm  #35

I'm really looking forward to this! I'm liking all the looks, but the Peacocks are my favorite with their unique name and awesome colors. 

8/22/2020 1:12 pm  #36

Having just caught up with this series, I have to say I'm really impressed so far!

Unions: Right call to darken the gray for sure!   They're an interesting team to me because they feel like a very corporate, no thrills just business team of team from the color palette to the professional corporate business looking logo.  On a website where almost all made up teams tend to be more artistic and inventive, this team's more grounded look is really refreshing to look at.  I dunno man, you may have potentially stumbled upon an already made up team culture without realizing it!

Peacocks:  Oh man, on the opposite end of the spectrum you have the most artistic team in the whole bunch!  I almost feel like the light blue is unneeded here, but then this team is meant to look flashy and over the top, so perhaps all those colors really are needed.   Really love this one!

Bullets: I've always loved the name "Bullets" for a team name, it just implies speed and agility, (contrary to what MSM says about it promoting violence).  The bullet train inspiration is a good choice here.  That light blue and orange stands out nicely in a league with mostly darker colored teams!  Another winner here and I can see why this team is already a site favorite!

Explorers: I love that logo!  So simple and yet gets the point of what team you're looking at immediately!  The color scheme is interesting, I also see this team as more plum than navy, but that could be partially because of the "Moon Cream" (possibly the strangest yet fun color name I've seen yet on this site!) color.  I wonder if had worn white instead of cream if the navy would have shown through better.  As this was the first team revealed, I picked this to be my favorite without even looking at the others!  While there is still some serious competition, (especially from the Bullets) I'm sticking with this team as my favorite!

Flames: I take it this is supposed to be an orange and yellow team?  Orange is a tough color for me to decipher for some reason, as they look red to me.  Either way, this is a simple, but effective design!

Lumberjacks:  Adding the white outlines around the axes really helps this design out a lot!  Dark red and green is an interesting color combo that I enjoy a lot.  While they may be the first Lumberjacks team to NOT be my favorite team in a league, this is one of the stronger uniforms for sure!

Really great start to this league QCS!   Very excited to see how this fares!  

Any chance at getting a merged Carp and Explorers signature?

8/22/2020 3:32 pm  #37

Stickman wrote:

Having just caught up with this series, I have to say I'm really impressed so far!

Unions: Right call to darken the gray for sure!   They're an interesting team to me because they feel like a very corporate, no thrills just business team of team from the color palette to the professional corporate business looking logo.  On a website where almost all made up teams tend to be more artistic and inventive, this team's more grounded look is really refreshing to look at.  I dunno man, you may have potentially stumbled upon an already made up team culture without realizing it!

Peacocks:  Oh man, on the opposite end of the spectrum you have the most artistic team in the whole bunch!  I almost feel like the light blue is unneeded here, but then this team is meant to look flashy and over the top, so perhaps all those colors really are needed.   Really love this one!

Bullets: I've always loved the name "Bullets" for a team name, it just implies speed and agility, (contrary to what MSM says about it promoting violence).  The bullet train inspiration is a good choice here.  That light blue and orange stands out nicely in a league with mostly darker colored teams!  Another winner here and I can see why this team is already a site favorite!

Explorers: I love that logo!  So simple and yet gets the point of what team you're looking at immediately!  The color scheme is interesting, I also see this team as more plum than navy, but that could be partially because of the "Moon Cream" (possibly the strangest yet fun color name I've seen yet on this site!) color.  I wonder if had worn white instead of cream if the navy would have shown through better.  As this was the first team revealed, I picked this to be my favorite without even looking at the others!  While there is still some serious competition, (especially from the Bullets) I'm sticking with this team as my favorite!

Flames: I take it this is supposed to be an orange and yellow team?  Orange is a tough color for me to decipher for some reason, as they look red to me.  Either way, this is a simple, but effective design!

Lumberjacks:  Adding the white outlines around the axes really helps this design out a lot!  Dark red and green is an interesting color combo that I enjoy a lot.  While they may be the first Lumberjacks team to NOT be my favorite team in a league, this is one of the stronger uniforms for sure!

Really great start to this league QCS!   Very excited to see how this fares!  

Any chance at getting a merged Carp and Explorers signature?

Thank you so much! I'll go in order here:

Aoishi: I agree, the new gray looks awesome. A gray/white scheme is usually not what you'd find in a colorful era like the late '60s, but it really does set the team apart. With two teams merged to form this one, I imagine they'll have a difficult time settling into their own identity, creating a very corporate atmosphere at first. 

Georgeville: Funnily enough, the light blue was originally intended to be the primary color, but the royal was much more striking. The logo was a mess to make, if you looked at the Illustrator file for it there's invisible lines everywhere and tons of unnecessary headaches I gave myself, haha. I think the light blue is really needed for the royal jersey, where it prevents green from becoming dominant by being used for the numbers and yoke.

Hokkyo: I completely agree, I love the name Bullets. I honestly don't remember how I got the idea for the name, I think I had the logo idea in my head and worked around it. 

Newton: Thank you! I really like this one turned out, much better than my initial idea for Newton. Funnily enough, as I was making your sig, I checked the shade, and it is plum, not navy. Somehow I had convinced myself it was navy, but I'm sticking to it, a "Forum Blue" situation, if you will. It's probably for the better that it's not navy, I don't want to tread on Steelman's territory with the Whales! 

Sol: It's actually red-orange, but it's closer to red than orange. I like the unique shades of red and yellow I selected, they're both shades I haven't seen much of before.

Vertlac: I agree, the updates helped out a ton. They were originally supposed to be red, brown, and cream, but I thought that adding green for "Vert"lac was appropriate. Eventually this led to brown getting kicked out of the color scheme, but they're better off for it.

As for your sig, here you go!

I'm really looking forward to this! I'm liking all the looks, but the Peacocks are my favorite with their unique name and awesome colors. 

Thank you! I really like the Peacocks as well, I honestly don't know if I've ever seen the name used in sports before.

8/22/2020 4:12 pm  #38

Nice job with the updates, everything you changed was an improvement so well done

8/22/2020 8:13 pm  #39

Really solid updates all around. Vertlac in particular looks much stronger, as does Aoishi with the darker gray. I'll probably cast my allegiance with the Unions in these early days. Looking forward to meeting the players involved. How will you be simulating this?

AHS Admin. Creator of the THL, PUCH, WHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/22/2020 9:20 pm  #40

Section30 wrote:

Nice job with the updates, everything you changed was an improvement so well done

Thank you!

Steelman wrote:

Really solid updates all around. Vertlac in particular looks much stronger, as does Aoishi with the darker gray. I'll probably cast my allegiance with the Unions in these early days. Looking forward to meeting the players involved. How will you be simulating this?

Thank you, your comments helped a lot. I'll be using Franchise Hockey Manager 6, which is by the same people that make Out Of The Park Baseball. I'm hoping to try and incorporate more characters into the story, which will mean keeping better track of player movement and the like.

Board footera