Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/11/2020 1:45 pm  #581

Re: History of the National Football Association - 1974-75 Season

Name: Trevor O’Connor
Bio: Arizona State Senator (D)
Favorite Team: Cleveland Rangers
Expansion Choices
1. Pittsburgh Paladins (Black and Gold)
2. Cincinnati Hogs (Pink and Black)
3. St. Louis Flyers (Red, White and Blue)

Last edited by Rugrat (8/11/2020 6:04 pm)

8/11/2020 2:06 pm  #582

Name: Anders Lindberg
Bio: Owner of "Lindies" a gas station company serving the upper Midwest, based out of St. Paul, Minnesota.
Favorite Team: Minnesota Blue Ox

Expansion Choices:
1. Pittsburgh - Vulcans: Pays homage to the cities iron working history while being something new and different
2. Dallas - Bats: Something other than western or oil for Dallas. Bats are underused in sports IMO and the Mexican free-tailed bat is commonly found in the Dallas-Fort Worth area
3. Cincinnati - Sabres: I think this one just sounds cool, plus the seal of the city of Cincinnati has a sword on it so there's kinda a base for it

8/11/2020 2:55 pm  #583

Name: Johnny Armando
Bio: CEO of a Chicago based newpaper
Favorite Team: for now Cleveland Rangers

Expansion Choices:
Cincinnati Centaurs (Burnt Orange/Navy) :While far more known as being in Greek mythology, Centaurs actually do get featured in Roman mythology too, making it fitting enough for a city named after a Roman dictator.   Also, alliteration bonus.  Choose Burnt Orange to separate from the Tigers' brighter use of orange.  Navy goes well with Burnt Orange, so I thought I'd suggest that for the 2nd color.

Buffalo Royals, (Purple/Gold): A play on one of Buffalo's city names, The Queen City.  Plus, it'd give us an excuse to have a purple team, which would be different for this league.

St. Louis Catfish, (Navy/Red): I like George Bryzzo's idea here, so I'll 2nd it.  It'd be different from the usual Golden Arch or Explorer theme, which were the only other ideas I had.  Navy and red for the color scheme as that seems appropriate for this city.

8/11/2020 4:17 pm  #584

Name: Janice Brixworth
Bio: Owner of UBL team in Washington DC,
Favourite Team: Pirates

Expansion Choices
1 - Cincinnati - Carnations - State flower of Ohio
2 - St. Louis - Piasas - mythical bird said to live in area
3 - Dallas - Mockingbirds - State bird of Texas. 

8/11/2020 4:22 pm  #585

Wallflower wrote:

Name: Wally Flowers
Bio: Canadian Marketing Wiz, With an interest in Sports Branding and Marketing
Favourite Team: Minnesota Blue Ox

Expansion Choices
1 - Pittsburgh - Smiths or Blacksmiths
2 - Cincinnati - Spartans or Apollos - Play into the "Athens of the West" 
3 - Dallas - Greyhounds - Something that's not oil or western related, sounds cool

The Apollos name reminds me of the AAF.

8/11/2020 4:34 pm  #586

Name: Aengus Lynch
Bio: Aengus runs a fishing and canning conglomerate that runs up the New England coast, he's been an avid supporter to the Smiths. He's even thrown parties for the champs on board his own personal ships.
Favorite Team: Boston Gaels
Expansion Choices.
Pittsburgh Trolls (Trolls hide under bridges in mythology and it is the City of Bridges) (Grey and Black)
St. Louis Pilots (A person who runs a paddleboat on the Mississippi is known as Pilot)
Dallas Flyers (In Reference to the Dallas Pegasus on top of the Magnolia Oil Building) 

8/11/2020 5:47 pm  #587

William "Billy" Redstone
Bio: US Senator (R-TX)
Favorite Team: Texas Roughriders
Choice of Expansion:
St. Louis (Stallions, Explorers, Showboats)
Pittsburgh (Steel, Rivermen, Hammers)
Cincinnati (Royals, Kings, Monarchs)

8/11/2020 8:57 pm  #588

Name: Alexander Wisniewski
Bio: Pittsburgh's Sausage King
Favorite Team: Former Pittsburgh Ironmen
Picks: 
1. Pittsburgh (Vulcans, Pioneers, Bridgers; black&silver)
2. Dallas (Renagades: Red,White, and Blue)
3. Buffalo (Soldiers (Bob Marley refernce); orange&black)

Last edited by J_James55 (8/12/2020 10:15 am)

8/11/2020 11:02 pm  #589

J_James55 wrote:

Name: Alexander Wisniewski
Bio: Pittsburgh's Sausage King
Favorite Team: Former Pittsburgh Ironmen
Picks: 
1. Pittsburgh (Vulcans, Pioneers, Bridgers; black&silver)
2. Dallas (Rangers: Red,White, and Blue)
3. Buffalo (Barbarians; orange&black)

Hey would you like to edit your submission, we already have the Cleveland Rangers and Milwaukee Barbarians in the league so I can’t really chose those names again.

8/12/2020 9:14 am  #590

William Karcz
Bio: Owns a chain of car dealerships across eastern Wisconsin, stretching from Milwaukee north to the Michigan border.
Favorite Team: Milwaukee Barbarians

Expansion Vote:
1) Dallas - Good market? Check. Good ownership? Check. So lets do this. Dallas starts a push west and south. I want to recommend something with the red flying horse, and pegasus doesn't pluralize well, so I'd nominate the Dallas Flying Horses, using a Texas flag inspired red/white/blue color scheme.
2) Cincinnati - Helps move the league to the southeast if they want to continue to expand there, while still being near enough to other teams to build and grow rivalries. Named after a Roman, I nominate the Cincinnati Centurions, after the Roman officer who commanded a century of legionaries.
3) St. Louis - With Maxwell's plan to build a large stadium that will also host a college bowl, this seems to be a slam dunk. I'm sure a suitable temporary home can be arranged (whether sharing with the St. Louis Olympians or potentially spending a season sharing with the University of Missouri). I would nominate the name St. Louis Kings, in reference to Budweiser being the king of beers, and St. Louis being named after King Louis IX of France.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera