Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/23/2020 12:29 am  #11

Re: West Coast Elite Hockey League

Darknes wrote:

What about the Blues almost moving to Saskatoon?

That and the Browns moving to Baltimore.

7/23/2020 12:49 am  #12

NeoPrankster wrote:

Darknes wrote:

What about the Blues almost moving to Saskatoon?

That and the Browns moving to Baltimore.

The Hornets/Pelicans and Bobcat/Hornets. Also Dennis Rodman.

7/23/2020 9:40 am  #13

Steelman wrote:

I'm so ready for this! Loving all the characters so far!

Thank you! I really wanted to create something tangible so people could put a face to the name rather than them just being the guys who control their pawns. Hopefully it helps lend to the large personalities they are meant to have.

Darknes wrote:

Why do I think that a certain "Hughes" or "Siegal" type character might be involved with Las Vegas having a team?

Darknes, I am going to have to ask you to stay out of the folder labeled "WCEHL Written History" on my computer.

And to everyone else who lended their favorite stories, sports are truly weird, aren't they? Let's get to the first team.

7/23/2020 10:12 am  #14

Welcome, please come in and take a seat. Can I get you a drink? You must be parched from visiting so many different realities. Someone doing such a risky task so consistently definitely has ample reason and high importance, may I ask what is your purpose of doing so? – to follow sports in different universes? I – I – don’t quite understand. You wish to know about our hockey? Um – okay. Well, how about we start with the basics? Does that sound good to you, dimension hopper?

The year is 1952 and seven men – you already know that? How? – Straight to the teams it is, then. We will start with the Dog of the league – you don’t know who that is? The creator. – You say, in your world that is God? How silly, that is what we call our four-legged domestic companions. You come from a weird place. Anyway, the Dog of the league is Frank J. Zamboni, and he created Two Towns Hockey Club – 

TWO TOWNS HOCKEY CLUB

Zamboni’s TTHC is elegant. Perhaps, what a user on a sports design forum would call “classic” following it with “tradition will always be better than these new teams that try too hard”.

The team’s name comes from the city of Paramount’s history. In 1948, the villages of Hynes and Clearwater decided to unite under the name of Paramount. While history says the team’s name would be more appropriate being “Two Villages Hockey Club”, that’s just dumb – you thought there was going to be more to that didn’t you? Well, I can tell you that they do have some unofficial nicknames given by fans such as United, for obvious reasons, and Zebras, just because of Zamboni’s last name.

Their logo is a monogram that could stand the test of time, using “TTHC” to create a simple look. – What’s that? The “H” and the “C” could also stand for Hynes and Clearwater? Sure, I bet the Ekin level design team made sure to cram that symbolism on top of it all in 1953. – Ekin? It’s the country’s largest sportswear manufacturer. You’re getting on my nerves. – The jersey is a simple three stripe that uses all three of their colors. Easy. 

Okay, I’ll be seeing you late- My goodness, you want to know about the team, too? You’re a thorough piece of work. The team is led by Collin Cornish, a 34-year-old goalie who is reaching the end of his career. On the other end of the cruel mystery that we call time is Chris Woollams and Norris Childress. Chris is a 22-year-old defenseman from New Jersey, while Norris is a center from Wisconsin that is two years older. The team has a lot of promise, but also a lot of growing to do. They could probably land mid pack…

They are like the Montreal Canadiens, you say? You’re telling me that all of Canada is located in the province of Quebec in your universe? How odd – Oh, they are a hockey team? You’ve worn my patience. Come back later and maybe we can continue this strange conversation.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (7/23/2020 3:17 pm)

7/23/2020 1:33 pm  #15

Two Towns looks great, I love the way you've combined all four letters into the logo without actually using all four letters. Very clever stuff, looking forward to what's next!

7/23/2020 3:15 pm  #16

What are you doing sitting outside my window? It is disgusting outside, and you are scaring my god, Spot.

A bark is heard down the hall of the strangers home.

(The stranger puts his hands to his head) 
     Just come in before the neighbors complain. I’ll tell you about one team, then you are gone. Hmmmm, how about Sgt. Jonathan Johnson’s Oakland Patriots? – Why are you rolling your eyes? Sgt. Johnson is a highly respected man, let me tell you about him.

OAKLAND PATRIOTS

Sgt. Johnson is a stern man to the unfamiliar, but a “good ole boy” with those who he is comfortable with. No matter who you are, Johnson does not tolerate anything opposing the red, white and blue. One time, the Sgt. made a comment about being a red blooded American and Zamboni jokingly replied with, “red blooded like anyone in the world, Jon”. This upset Johnson, driving him to spend the next week in the bushes outside of Zamboni’s house wearing a Ghillie suit. Zamboni went on record saying, “It was the most terrifying week of my life. The guy didn’t move once. No eating, no urinating, not a cough. Just Jon by himself with a wooden toy rifle and what looked like a View-Master being used as binoculars. You know, the children’s toy”.

The Sgt. named his team after the great country that gave him so much, picking “Patriots” to pay tribute to not only the troops, but also the average American and everything in between. The team plays out of Oakland, where Jon found his fortune in a technology and artillery company that uses Oakland’s ports to “aid America in the fight”. - What fight, you ask? Your guess is as good as mine.

Oakland’s logo is a combination of an “O” a “P” and a faceoff circle, which is what the Sgt. refers to as the most important thing in hockey. (Note that Johnson has no prior hockey knowledge)

The uniforms are ones that the Sgt. takes pride in. Sure, it is a pain that he insists on being the only team who wears white at home, but look at those things! Sometimes I wonder if the man consulted with Uncle Sam himself to create these. Obviously less time was spent on the navy version, but they do their job. – No, they did not exist before this year. The champions patch is not from hockey, take a closer look. ---- Yeah, the man has some problems, but, Dog, he is loyal to his country.

The Patriots did the most scouting prior to the first season, but only looked into players who have a history in the military. Something about only having actual patriots on the team, I believe. All that money and time spent got Jon an average team. The biggest standout is Jesus Padilla, a Chicago native that played goalie for the Rangers prior to the organization folding. Padilla is the only non-military player on the team, making the roster because the Sgt. didn’t understand that New York Ranger did not mean Army ranger from New York. The most promising player on the team is 23-year-old Kenny Corderey. Kenny is a left winger from Maryland who turned down an NHL contract to soak up the California sun after completing his service. Look for this team to land mid to late in the standings. - You look confused. What don’t you get about all of this? – What do you mean, “so like the Yankees, Rangers or Patriots with an obnoxious number of stripes that pay homage to the early hockey teams who wore overly complicated jerseys”? You are making a habit out of overstaying your welcome. Get out of here!

We are on a roll, today! We still aren't done, though. A third should be out tonight. Any preference on who's next? Also, thanks for the kind words. I'll still take feedback on TTHC, I just really want to get teams out.

7/23/2020 3:56 pm  #17

What? I didn't take a peak, I just made an educated guess knowing at the time both of those men were rather prominent in that city. 

7/23/2020 4:15 pm  #18

Darknes wrote:

What? I didn't take a peak, I just made an educated guess knowing at the time both of those men were rather prominent in that city. 

7/23/2020 5:16 pm  #19

That "World War Champions" patch is nothing short of obnoxious and I kinda love it.

7/23/2020 5:48 pm  #20

QCS wrote:

That "World War Champions" patch is nothing short of obnoxious and I kinda love it.

What about one on each shoulder. World War 1 Champs and World War 2 Champs. Throw in an American Revolution Champs badge for good measure.

Last edited by sportsfan7 (7/23/2020 5:49 pm)

Board footera