Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/13/2020 6:00 pm  #1

Personal Branding

Hey everyone, I’ve been working on my general logo design skills lately so I can get into freelance. Might as well use what I learn to benefit myself, right? I created this logo as part of “Burd Branding”, simply combining a B and a bird to get the result. No, I have not lost my ability to spell! My last name is Burden so I thought it be a fun play on it. Growing up I have always been called “Burd”, “Burdy” or “Burdo” by teammates so it felt appropriate.  Anyways, I wanted to ask for help with a font to go with it. I seem to have massive amounts of trouble with this, and I thought the eye of this community would get it right. It would be used to go next to the logo, having “urd.” or under the logo fully spelt out. Obviously it’s a roundish font, but I want it to give a general feel of confidence but still be warm and welcoming. This is what I tried to do with the red/orange color as well.

Thanks for any feedback! Always appreciate this group.

7/14/2020 5:26 pm  #2

Re: Personal Branding

I'm digging this a lot, man! For a font, why don't you make your own in a similar bold/script style? Seems like the best way to match the style.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

7/14/2020 6:00 pm  #3

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsy7JW2LC48

Last edited by ThisIsFine (7/14/2020 6:00 pm)

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

7/16/2020 11:24 am  #4

Steelman wrote:

I'm digging this a lot, man! For a font, why don't you make your own in a similar bold/script style? Seems like the best way to match the style.

I am going to work on this a little. Like the "if you want something done right you have to do it yourself" approach haha.

and @ThisIsFIne, that was truly the most insightful, information driven post I've ever received on any of my topics. It's users like you, with their deep constructive criticism, that keeps me going. hahahaha 
But really, that clip is a treasure and I thank you for introducing me to it. 

Board footera