Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/08/2020 9:35 pm  #631

Re: AltHL Legacy

Darknes wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Darknes wrote:

Boston's Rivalries would be something like
Boston vs Philly vs New York (The Colonial Clash)
Boston vs Seattle (The I-90 Classic)
Boston vs Los Angeles (I got nothing)

I like Colonial Clash, but what about The Colonial Classic?

I like that, maybe even there's a specific trophy handed off at the end of the year, ala the Commander in Chief Trophy?

I love it! What should we call the trophy, though? 

Only the written records of his travels survive.

7/08/2020 9:52 pm  #632

Maybe there could be a western Canada three-way trophy for Calgary, Vancouver, and Winnipeg. I think that the T-Can One Trophy is a bit weak as a name, but it's all I've got.

Individually, with Vancouver, we might have the Cross-Rockies Cup and with Winnipeg, the Plainswreck.

7/08/2020 10:29 pm  #633

I presume my Dragons would have three main rivals (Seattle, LA and Portland).

San Francisco-Seattle: The Jian-Katana Duel (given both cities' respective Chinese and Japanese populations)

So many ideas in my mind for SF-LA too, but my mind's blank for SF-Portland.

7/08/2020 11:46 pm  #634

Burmy87 wrote:

I presume my Dragons would have three main rivals (Seattle, LA and Portland).

San Francisco-Seattle: The Jian-Katana Duel (given both cities' respective Chinese and Japanese populations)

So many ideas in my mind for SF-LA too, but my mind's blank for SF-Portland.

I would call the SF-POR rivalry the Shasta Cup, since that's what divides the two states.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

7/09/2020 7:00 am  #635

I think we have more of a surprising rivalry with Philadelphia, call it “The Civil War”. North vs. South.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

7/09/2020 7:41 am  #636

The 2013 Adams Cup Playoffs

#1 Los Angeles Titans versus #4 Portland Sawblades
After missing the playoffs last year the Titans are back and poised for a deep run in the playoffs.  The Sawblades have now been to playoffs 3 out of 4 years.  Last year losing in the finals to Chicago. The Blades swept the Rovers in the first round...unfortunately this year the Titans did the same to them. 

Sawblades Roster
2 - D - Eric Brewer
22 - F - Anson Carter
28 - F - Jason Chimera
7 - F - Dan Cleary
89 - F - Mike Comrie
20 - F - Radek Dvorak
83 - F - Ales Hemsky
10 - F - Shawn Horcoff
27 - F - Georges Laraque
26 - F - Todd Marchant
44 - D - Janne Niinimaa
8 - D - Ales Pisa
19 - F - Marty Reasoner
21 - D - Jason Smith (CAPTAIN)
94 - F - Ryan Smyth
36 - F - Jarrett Stoll
16 - F - Mike York
35 - G - Tommy Salo

Titans Roster
44 - F - Jason Arnott
14 - F - Stu Barnes
11 - F- Ulf Dahlen
18 - F - Rob DiMaio
13 - F - Bill Guerin
2 - D - Derian Hatcher (CAPTAIN)
26 - F - Jere Lehtinen
32 - F - Claude Lemieux
24 - D - Richard Matvichuk
9 - F - Mike Modano
10 - F - Brendan Morrow
29 - F - Steve Ott
5 - D - Darryl Sydor
77 - F - Pierre Tugeon
56 - D - Sergei Zubov
31 - G - Ron Tugnutt
35 - G - Marty Turco

#2 Boston Rovers versus #3 Seattle Seawolves
The Rovers are back and looking for their fifth ring.  The Seawolves, an up and down franchise look to get back to the finals against their West Division Rival.  However a Titans Rovers rematch in the finals was a thing of destiny.

Seawolves Roster
94 - F - Sergei Berezin
4 - D - Rick Berry
12 - F - Peter Bondra
54 - D - Jason Doig
36 - F - Colin Forbes
55 - D - Sergei Gonchar
25 - F - Mike Grier
68 - F - Jaromir Jagr
2 - D - Ken Klee
22 - F - Steve Konowalchuk (CAPTAIN)
20 - F - Robert Lang
21 - F - Glen Metropolit
92 - F - Michael Nylander
9 - F - Dainius Zubrus
37 - G - Olaf Kolzig

Rovers Roster
33 - F - Eric Boguniecki
13 - F - Valeri Bure
38 - F - Pavol Demitra
10 - F - Dallas Drake
18 - F - Steve Dubinsky
5 - D - Barret Jackman
2 - D - Al MacInnis (CAPTAIN)
9 - F - Tyson Nash
44 - D - Chris Pronger
27 - F - Bryce Salvador
61 - F - Cory Stillman
7 - F - Keith Tkachuk
17 - F - Sergei Varlamov
39 - F - Doug Weight
30 - G - Chris Osgood

7/09/2020 2:07 pm  #637

Well, well.  Boston, we meet again!  It IS true that you've beaten us every time we've met so far, (giving us an estimate win-loss record against you guys at 0-149... give or take a couple games). 

However, Hockey Owner Stickman's (new) personal psychic, (who shall henceforth only be known by her screen name of Madam Bertha.  Fun fact, when she's not making inebriated-induced predictions, she's also a dedicated lunch lady at her local school's cafeteria) boldly predicts that the Los Angeles Titans shall FINALLY beat the Rovers!  She's feeling a series of 7 games to 4.   We'll just take a couple games off each team and call it 4 games to 1.

Last edited by Stickman (7/09/2020 2:09 pm)

7/09/2020 3:06 pm  #638

Mr. Hydrant: Nice little vacation to LA got the boys loosened up a little before we play the first rou..... wait what? We play in LA tonight? Golly this isn't good.

Narrator voice: and it wasn't good.

7/09/2020 4:02 pm  #639

Stickman wrote:

Well, well.  Boston, we meet again!  It IS true that you've beaten us every time we've met so far, (giving us an estimate win-loss record against you guys at 0-149... give or take a couple games). 

However, Hockey Owner Stickman's (new) personal psychic, (who shall henceforth only be known by her screen name of Madam Bertha.  Fun fact, when she's not making inebriated-induced predictions, she's also a dedicated lunch lady at her local school's cafeteria) boldly predicts that the Los Angeles Titans shall FINALLY beat the Rovers!  She's feeling a series of 7 games to 4.   We'll just take a couple games off each team and call it 4 games to 1.

How many freaking psychics does this man need? Like seriously. Good grief. Like, he goes through more physics than I do girlfriends.... I haven't any, but still. Point stands!

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

7/09/2020 4:21 pm  #640

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Stickman wrote:

How many freaking psychics does this man need? Like seriously. Good grief. Like, he goes through more physics than I do girlfriends.... I haven't any, but still. Point stands!

Haha, well every owner has their quirks to produce championships.  George Steinbrenner fired managers on a whim, Robert Craft helped his team spy on others, Hockey Owner Stickman hires psychics from the back alley, the list goes on!

Board footera